This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Saif Ahmad Khan. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

[Audio] A Muslim Breaks 5 Stereotypes About Muslims In 2 Minutes

More from Saif Ahmad Khan

At a time when we are faced with growing Islamophobia and communal polarisation being perpetrated by certain groups for vested interests, this audio blog by Saif Ahmad Khan comes as a very crucial intervention. Saif takes on 5 common prejudices that many people hold against Muslims, and counters each of them with tact and reason. Hear for yourself and tell us what you feel.

[soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/169127688″ params=”auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true” width=”100%” height=”450″ iframe=”true” /]

1. Babar

People need to differentiate between the actions of Muslims and Islam, just as they do with people of other religions. I, for one, certainly do not blame Christianity knowing that the U.S. government has been murdering Muslims since decades for money, oil, and power. Blaming a religion for the actions of its people is like blaming a car for an accident.

Nobody blamed Christianity when President Clinton illegally occupied Iraq, imposed sanctions, and President Bush continued the oppression, killing a total of 2 million people, 700,000 of which were children. Official figures put it at 500,000. No one brought Christianity in the middle when President Obama pounded Pakistan with drones and kills thousands of innocent civilians, and terrorized hundreds of thousands of innocent people in North Warizistan. No one talked about Christianity when innocent civilians were horrendously tortured and raped in prisons like Abu Ghraib and Guantanamo Bay, when the U.S. supplied Israel with 3.5 billion dollars in aid to kill innocent Palestinians, no one blamed Christianity for the U.S. led bloodshed in Iran, the bombing in Somalia, the slaughters in Libya, the butchering in Syria, and the list is endless.

The U.S. government has killed millions of innocent Muslims since decades in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Palestine, Iran, Yemen, Libya, Panama, Somalia, among a host of other countries, and we still talk about Muslims and Islam being oppressive.

2. Babar

Who Are The Real Terrorists
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DOgWuGYGeo

U.S. Policy Makers Justifying Killing 500,000 Children In Iraq
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4PgpbQfxgo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5S1YkQs5nXQ#t=57

Fabulous Speech By American Soldier On U.S. Led Terrorism
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akm3nYN8aG8

3. Nandini

I know the intentions were very noble for this but it almost sounds like an apology. He should perhaps look deeper into the history of the sub continent and even the world to see the popular misconceptions that are floating around today are just myths created to support a certain political agenda. The bloodiest wars were fought during the crusades – so does that make Christianity a beastly religion more than Islam can ever dream of being? Hindus were known to burn their women alive on the husband’s pyre and even today practices some of the most misogynist believes so much so that girls are not safe even in their mother’s wombs – so are Hindu’s beasts too more than Christianity or Islam together can ever be? finally history is witness that rulers came to power by destroying the symbols of the power of the last ruler and places of worship were a common target because religion and power had close relations (to think of it, they still have). Hindu rulers attacked places of worship too – even destroying temples build by earlier rulers. So please don’t apologise – instead if you can take their argument and destroy their myths with facts and historic truth, that will be perhaps more dignified and powerful.

1. the eddy

###Hindu rulers##

Who are hindu rulers , by the way ?? Untill the British came , majority of them did not identify themselves by some religious term ,whatever that be .

4. soutrik

we dont need to target the muslims but islam because it is the belief system which makes a muslims.christianity have been blamed for its misdeeds,there were some verses in the bible which made the christians intolerant..there were many movements led in europe against christisnity and church…intolerant attitude of christians towards pagans in europe is not merely a handi of some ,its of the intolerant sanction of scripture….and christianity has been blamed for that too…crusade was a different story which is not srarted by the injunction of bible but sanctified by the bible…as for hinduism copies of manusmriti were burnt due to the biases against dalits and females…but can u show me any such movement regarding islam…we need to explode islam and not muslims…u need to attact the belief sysyem,explore it or else the world will be too dangerous

More from Saif Ahmad Khan

By Prakshi Saha

By malvika

By Accountability Initiative