This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by MrigankaDadwal. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

I Did Not Vote For Modi, But Here Are 5 Reasons Why I Am Modi-fied Now!

More from MrigankaDadwal

By Mriganka Dadwal:

Let’s get the basics right. I did not vote for Modi but 171,637,684 fellow countrymen and women did. What followed has been and still is history in the making. The world has warmed up to the Indian Prime Minister and many Modi sceptics around the globe have become his ardent fans. Here are 5 reasons why I choose to be Modi-fied:

Narendra Modi UN Address

1. He is talking the talk: Love him, hate him, you have to credit him. He is a phenomenal orator. Since ten years, every Indian’s ears had been longing to hear the leadership talk. For a country plagued with scams, crimes against women and corruption, the silence from the top quarters was heart-breaking. Enters Modi, and we have a leader who is not just talking the talk, he is saying all the right things. Things every Indian has wanted to hear.

2. He is walking the walk: Inviting SAARC country’s including Pakistan to his swearing-in ceremony was a master-stroke in diplomacy as well as establishing India’ leadership role in the region. Inviting FDI over brunches with top CEOs in US to initiating Adarsh Gram Yojana (Model Villages) for the poor, Modi has shown that he believes in action. Finally, we have a leadership that is giving out a road-map for a better India and its focus is on solutions, not promises.

3. He is motivating the youth to take ownership: Instead of showing people rose-colored dreams, and offering them freebies, he is asking them to be a partner in the nation’s development. No government can usher a revolution until its people take ownership and responsibility. Modi is doing exactly what Mahatma Gandhi demonstrated 65 years ago — harnessing people power!

4. He is accessible to the common citizens: The social media savvy PM is accessible to anyone who wishes to write to him on pmindia.gov.in. Through the website mygov.in, for the first time ever, it seems that someone up there is interested in knowing what ‘We, The People’ think about policies and each one of us has a chance to not just voice our opinion but also contribute towards nation-building by taking on small tasks.

5. Modi has grabbed the world by the eye-balls and no one is complaining: (Well, except certain sceptics) When was the last time an Indian leader left an impact on a global platform? Even his distracters and those who are making spoofs — fact is you have had to acknowledge him. The world is looking towards India with renewed interest and as filmy as it sounds, for me and many others like me, 19,000 people yelling Bharat Mata ki jai on a foreign land (in Madison Square) was nothing less than a Chak De moment!

So to answer why I choose to be Modi-fied, I’ll borrow a phrase from the movie Chak De India:

‘Pehli baar kuch acha ho raha hai, let’s be a part of it’ (For the first time something nice is happening, let’s be a part of it).

1. Babar

While no one questions how many men Mr. Modi has murdered to climb the ladder in the political arena, questions, however, are raised about how 3,000 Gujarati Muslims lost their lives in the 2002 Gujarat riots, with brutal killings of men, women’s wombs cut open with trishuls, children burnt alive, girls raped in front of their families, homes torched down, shops looted, livelihood destroyed – just to shed a little light on the heinous terror inflicted on innocent Muslims by Bajrang Dal, formed largely by Mr. Modi’s goons. 26th May should have been a day of mourning in India, as an uneducated, illiterate, mass murderer, and rapist was elected to lead the largest democracy in the world. If India had to select a tea vendor to run the country, at least they could have chosen one who did not perpetrate crime in the most horrendous fashion.

Since the write talks about Mr. Modi being a good orator, below is a video showing Mr. Modi’s oratory skills.

http://youtu.be/QHS_eSoOBzg

1. anmol

Dude being a citizen of India you should respect the judgment of Supreme Court. And its not like that one can clap with a single hand. The smoke rises because things are set on fire.

2. MrigankaDadwal

Dude, sorry I refuse to indulge you because that would amount to spreading communal hatred. Quite frankly the youth of India is concerned about concrete issues like infrastructure development, end of corruption and employment generation and no-one has time for “hate speeches”. Why don’t you channelize your energy for some good cause.

3. ranjana

Ask cm Kerala -Oman Chandy ,who did all the negotiations to bring back the nurses. Secondly, there has been only talk and talk , no walk till now. You are already wearing a coloured chasma and I can’t believe you didn’t vote for him. But he still has time to modify others with fast and quick action in every field.You couldn’t give a single example of Good Governance.

4. Vishal

You ignorant nincompoop of a journalist, what the f*ck is “youth of India”? Young MBA graduates, engineers and doctors? Do you even know more than 86% of the jobs in India are in the unorganized sector that are negatively affected by what Modi is promoting? Do you even know what neo-liberal policies are? Do you understand that you and I merely happen to be at the beneficial end of deeply unfair government policies being perpetuated for years?

He’s talking? Isn’t that just a PR strategy. PR-written speeches? How can you be so f*cking gullible in this day and age?

Roadmap for “model” villages? What the f*ck is wrong with you? Don’t you know the sort of corporate, neo-liberal meddling that Modi is a hero of simply robs villagers of the little ways of livelihood they have left after the terrible devastation that dams, mining and industries have already caused?

Harnessing “people power”? What people – young? Young urban MBAs to help manage his corporate deals with multi-millionares? Are the 86% that I talked about represented here? Of course not, they never have.

So because there are responses on a website, he’s accesible to “we, the people”? Again, the exclusive blind urban thinking. What % of the Indian population do you think has computers and internet?! Shocking, that you think a website means access to “we, the people”.

Global platform? Are you so dense that you don’t see that the NY visit was recieved like that because NRI businessmen have been having giant group orgasms in the US because Modi, like never before, will let them indiscriminately do business in India with no regard to socio-economic issues of villagers/tribals or the environment? It’s the same reason all the American politicians and businessmen were sucking up to him – how can you not see that?!

Pehli baar kuch acha ho raha hai? NO! His policies are the mostly SAME as the Congress, only they’re more business-friendy in a way that they spell disaster for the vast majority of underprivileged people.

And I haven’t EVEN talked about communalism yet. Please do not sweep under the “development” rug the very important concerns Anmol raised in his comment. I see what you’re doing, and I’m not buying it. People aren’t going to “not have time” for communal issues just because someone is screaming development in a microphone, okay?

Go do some actual research on the fundamental issues running through this country, the issues of caste, communalism, inequality, poverty, displacement, hunger, malnutrition and death.

5. Vishal

(PS – I meant Babar has raised, not Anmol. Anmol happens to be just another ignorant f*ck who thinks the violent act of a few antisocial elements can be equated to the violent acts of a state. Oh well, so many idiots, what can you do.)

6. Kay

(@ Vishal — Youth of India is definitely not any foul mouthed, ill-bred man, addicted to F*** word and if it is, God save us. I could dish you back in your language and worse but I have better things to do)… For all those crying hoarse about communalism — Pseudo secularists have done India more damage than unfriendly neighbors and terrorists. This creed also mistakenly interchanges secularism with Hindu-bashing, so much so that when faced with these supposedly ‘evolved’ beings one feels almost apologetic for being a Hindu. My original article is actually about what a pleasant surprise it has been for me and many more like me (and 2.6 k shares actually proves it without me getting into a mud-slinging match with anyone who has used foul language or personal attacks to reply here) when for a change, a leader is addressing core issues that mean something to the youth of India — Cleanliness, Red-tape removal and Development of Safe Cities & Model Villages to name just a few.

However, some pseudo-intellectual, pseudo-secularists didn’t like it so much that they have been issuing personally aimed rebuttals in my favor. Now this is what makes a pseudo-secularist stand out in crowd. No matter what the debate is about, they have this wonderful knack of converting it into a code-red emergency threat to communal harmony. The amount of time you spend researching hate speeches, half of it had he spent on the site mygov.nic.in you would not have asked me what I meant by “Modi is motivating youth to take ownership”.

Instead of raking this hatred speech garbage if you actually take up a broom and clean your neighborhood under the “Swatch Bharat Abhiyaan” it would give you a hands-on experience of what I mean by ‘youth taking ownership’. Or you could go to the ‘skill development section’ and offer your wonderful R&D and writing skills to teach those not as privileged as you.

Some one took the pain of writing a rebuttal blog where he alleged that there is a ‘serious threat to human rights and freedom of expression’. Stop spreading such baseless rumors because you also know the fact that you can write a hate speech and get away with it thanks to Article 19A being upheld in this country. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Mind you the operator word is ‘everyone’.

If you disagree and ask for an issue based debate I’d be happy to indulge you but making it personal is unacceptable.

Someone has also commented ‘haven’t we seen good orators in past’. Name a few! Please tell me last 2 decades which leaders’ oratory skills have impressed you?

Which again brings me to why I have been Modi-fied. Modi is actually the first PM who spoke on the topic of crime against women while advising fellow politicians to keep quiet if they can’t speak something sensible (Oh what a relief juxtaposed against statements like ‘boys will make mistakes’).

And to sum it up (yes, yes I know we never start a sentence with AND, and for that I am ready to apologize… now get some sense of humor you morons) the average Indian is more concerned about living in a crime-free, corruption free society and his/her allegiance lies towards whoever can help them achieve that goal – irrespective of their religion. Isn’t that the dictionary definition of being secular anyway? Look Up!!!

7. Pog

Really?! that is so disingenuous. Discussing the horrific genocide Modi presided over is spreading communal hatred? That a court has not yet convicted him absolves him of any responsibility and we are talking about a legal system that hardly ever delivers justice? That Gujarat is a land where Indian citizens are discriminated against and oppressed because of their religion does not disturb you? This man is in charge of India because everyone bought his lies about development and his henchman managed to pit communities against each other and you still think that the “pseudo-secularists” are actually communal? You do not want to accept the fact that this man could be a monster and you want to “modified”. Talk about the banality of evil. It begins with people like you, who forget that there’s more to a polity than GDP growth alone.

8. Srinivas

Have you lived in Gujarat? Have you heard from anybody that they are “discriminated”? Muslims haven’t been happier than now in Gujarat.
      So, go take your horror elsewhere

9. rabbit baniya

Mr Babar

First u tell me who set fire on Train in Godhra? Who incited the riot?

2 Who attacked Akshardhaam temple?
      3 Who attacked Indian parliament in 2001 dec 13?
      4 Who comes in support of terrorist outfit hamas of plastien and not against ISIS?

dude, first see who incites the thing, if thing got ignited u r opening the pages of human rights, the better open that.

Tell me when Modi is against any community , or when h had shown any community inferior to other.

10. Vishal

Hello appropriately named rabbit baniya,

It is urgent that you understand that setting the train on fire and the anti-Muslim riots aren’t comparabale like the way you’re trying to compare. Okay? Because the first one was (obviously) a terrible murderous act carried out by a fringe group and the other was STATE SPONSORED. Get it?! Politicians, ministers and police were the life-blood of the riots. The STATE is NOT supposed to do act like a terrorist group just because there’s another terrorist group doing violence, right? The STATE cannot indulge in indiscriminate violence on its people “incited” by a terrorist incident. THAT’S why the 2002 riots and the 1984 riots (by the Congress) are talked about so much – because they were both organized/perpetuated by the government. Samjha? I hope so. -_-

11. Gautam

I am surprised this video didn’t go viral before the elections. Very sadly, it’s too late now. We need to bear with this gov. for 5 years 😡

12. Gautam

13. Trueindian

Do u understand that supreme Court has cleared him off all allegations, and mind u that was when ur congress government was in power with all resources and back hand tactics with them… Oh wait, I forgot u don’t follow the courts… Only what bulshit u speak is the law…. Alas….

14. Vishal

Of course there can be no evidence gathered against Modi (apart from the proof he had destroyed), because Modi’s crime is NOT something that he DID. It is something that he DID NOT do. When you DON’T do something, you can easily hide under bogus reasons like “I did not know” or “I couldn’t handle it well”. That’s Modi’s story, yo!

15. Napster

“Modi’s crime is NOT something that he DID. It is something that he DID NOT do.”

On 27 February 2002 occured the Godhra massacre, at around 8 am. The Chief Minister Narendra Modi was informed about the carnage at 8:30 to 9 am. He immediately issued shoot-at-sight orders and curfew in Godhra at 9:45 am, within 2 hours of the Godhra massacre. The same day-on February 27- the Gujarat government deployed the entire police force of 70,000 in Gujarat. He visited Godhra on 27 Feb and returned to Ahmedabad the same day. 827 preventive arrests were made on his orders on his return to Ahmedabad. Narendra Modi talked to TV channels in Godhra on 27 Feb evening and urged people to maintain peace and not retaliate.

16. Ravi

Law 3000 muslims . Again a liar spreading hate and lies. Gujrat riots were started by muslims burning alive 56 hindu women and children alive in train in godhra. in riots one 700 muslims and 300 hindus died.

17. Trishul

Prove it.

18. Archit

@Baabar – This is the reply by Shri Narendar Modi to you and all otherhaters like you. And he isn’t afraid to run away without answering the questions. He was fed up giving answers to everyone in media who kept repeating this question even after many years passed while Supreme Court was looking into this matter and had to give out judgement. He opted silence over biased arguments.

https://youtu.be/voN5iQOPlE0

19. Sudhir Dubey

Although as said by Anmol as per Supreme court judgement he is not convicted for that, But still I consider your poin. But it is also one of the fact that you should consider that what was the position of Gujarat before that incident.
      What about those innocent saints who were killed in train fired by some ____. They were nothing to do with anything. What you want to say that what is preventive is wrong the only thing was wrong in this was that it was not done officially.
      You ever think it that why any riots could not take place after that in Gujarat then the answer is modi. It is better to kill few instead of killing whole society and creating a monopoly mess.

2. vikash

dear can you please give examples for walking the walk and talking the talk..
    I rather feel modi is walking the path now which he criticised few times back when he was in opposition. like checking FDI and now nothing fascinates him but FDI, Criticised early govt for not talking strong action on cease fire violation from Pakistan,, and now he has shut his office and is roaming about offering promises in political campaign, when every next day cease fire violations are being made.

He has inborn talent of romanticising things he would like to talk , and now he is using national platform to deliver his talent. And the things end here. he talked loud on cease fire violation during election campaign and now also he is talking on cease fire violation, when he and his team mates act. or they will draw some mohurt for this too.

we gave him vote to act not to talk, but in hope he would act better. And act what he promised while asking our support .

1. MrigankaDadwal

Well, 46 Indian nurses were not exactly delivered back to India on a platter by the ISIS… hats off to the PM and his arm-twisting diplomacy that in times when ISIS is beheading journalists and aid workers stuck in Iraq, these women could be brought back to India. It is very easy to sit back and criticize (which is actually a pillar of democracy if done in the right spirit) but one must also learn to laud someone’s genuine effort even when you don’t see eye to eye with them.

2. Sarath

So what about the 40 workers stranded in Iraq. It’s not even clear whether they are alive or not. Why isn’t the govt. interested in their lives? And what about the steps towards diluting India’s IPR policies which will lead to enormous increase in medicine prices(including medicines for HIV and Cancer). May be he’s doing what he promised. But the promises that are being implemented are not the ones given to common people but to that which were given to greedy corporates who bank rolled him during the election campaign

3. Amit

Please reply madam..

4. Ravi

BJp only opposed FDI in retail. Rest all they supported

5. Ravi

Namo promised a fitting replly to pakistan and .we saw how indian army hit back this time that Pakistan had to run to UN and was crying . He walked the talked. like he promised.

3. Guneet Narula

Wow. We are saved. He is a walking, talking, motivating and eyeball grabbing mascot of the best marketing/advertizing exercise of this decade. Even Obama is taken aback.

Never heard a prime minister say ‘hash tag’ before, so that’s a big achievement for India. I mean Indians. NRIs actually.

1. chirag a

Lol, liked your Hash Tag comment.. Never thought of it but you are right..

2. Vishal

lol, Guneet’s sarcasm bounced off your skull like a spinning pebble over unruffled water, yo! Tap into the acid, chirag a. Guneet was spewing it so well.

To the uninitiated: Guneet was pointing out how lopsided and exclusionary this whole “development” brouhaha is. Note how he said “India” in his last line, then said “Indians” and then “NRIs”. Think about this.

What is “India”? What does it mean? If it is a sum of all the people who live here, go look up where most Indians live. What % live in cities, and what % live in impoverished villages. Who has transport, education, top-notch healthcare? On similar lines, who are “Indians”? To how many Indians does “hashtag” matter?

Phew, spoon feeding is tiring. Sarcasm is so much easier.

4. Prasenjeet

I see your comments, and it seems you have made up your mind. Its strange how his initial supports are turning back on him and you talk of being ‘modified’ now.
    How he is accesible to citizens when he has spent most of his time outside the country is a mystery to me. If you feel no one’s compalining oyu need to read more and surf more. It seems you were already what you call ‘modified’, you just express it now.

5. Sinha

Hmmmmm. I too was one of the 2/3rd of the electorate that did NOT vote for Modi and here’s why I don’t want to be Modi-fied (1) He’s a great orator for sure. Scary thing is his tone, cadence and pitch is too much like this for my liking – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeD2mQDLRxA. And anyway comparing him to MMS is setting kind of a low benchmark (2) He’s walking the walk? Sort of, but mostly talking actually. I thought the economic turnaround of India was scripted and implemented by Manmohan Singh. Not sure how Modi is claiming that as his success. I’ll also be interested to see how he ‘deals with’ Pakistan. (3) Yes he is motivating the youth. And that’s good if you think that’s the job of a PM and statesman. I would have thought running an efficient government should be his primary job, not mobilising his future vote bank. (4) Yes he is accessible through social media, but only if you say nice things. Say the wrong things and you know where you land up http://www.youthkiawaaz.com/…/jail-facebook-comments…/ and (5) The real sad part about Madison Sq Garden was all these NRIs saying they are now proud of being an Indian. Really? And all this time you were ashamed? How pathetic, that it needs a naach gana show by the PM to make you proud of your motherland. Them shouting Bharat Mata ki Jai was a disgrace to national pride.

1. MrigankaDadwal

Thanks for your response Mr Sinha,

You have made some valid points and yes, just like you I also look forward to how he deals with Pakistan. (Fingers Crossed)
      Calling MMS a low benchmark — not too sure if we can totally discredit MMS. His UPA 1 governance was actually good but what made UPA 2 so frustrating was his silence and that is what I have mentioned that after that frustration this eloquence seems refreshing. What I actually liked about the PM was the fact that he credited his predecessors for their policies.
      ‘Is motivating the youth job of the PM” – I would say it depends on the context. Look at us, we honk, we litter, we eve-tease and we think not doing this is every one else’s responsibility but ours. In that context, if we are so boorish with absolutely no collective conscience as a nation, probably some motivation from top brass could help — whether on Indian soil or outside 🙂

2. MrigankaDadwal

Also, the link that you have shared is taking me to YKA home page only. Could you please re-share.
      Thanks

6. Kay

@ Vishal : It will be better if u use an appropriate language while using a public forum. Using F*** does not prove a point nor does it sounds cool. Its more than what we say, how we say is important and reflects our brought up.
    PS: “So many idiots” and one ass****!

1. Vishal

Okay Kay, I fall at your feet for having used the F word. Will I be not sent to hell now and will I be loved by one and all and will I get a chance at “bringing myself up” like a good Indian human being who doesn’t type the F word on the internet? I hope to God it will! *cries like a Bollywood mother for forgiveness*

Regardless of if I am forgiven or not, do the issues I raised change? No, they do not, Kay. So may be you can stop the comfortable ad hominems and think about what I was saying? May be you can think of the issues I raised rather than worry about how I have been brought up? May be? No? Kay then.

2. pk

So you really believe in equity and equal distribution of wealth?? hello in which world you are??Go to any developed country except China and Russia its capitalism that being followed everywhere and I think its the most fair policy of distribution of wealth. Capitalism means the person who invents gets the maximum royalty, now if you really want to alleviate poverty and reduce income disparity it can only happen if there is industrialization, which socialist and leftist state has witnessed industrialization in recent past?? West Bengal? Tripura? Kerala? I am not saying that lands should be snatched from villagers by paying them peanuts but at the same time land is necessary for development and if BJP Govt is promoting FDI and industrialization whts wrong in that?? See the Indian railways , the PPP policy has been one of the most appreciable moves by NDA Govt. People will argue UPA was also thinking of the same so whats new in that?? dude atleast NDA had the balls to implement it rather than just formulating strategies. You guys crib abt 14% increase in rail fares so what even Dinesh Trivedi of TMC endorsed the rail hike after which he was forced to resign by Mamata Banerjee, I dont understand people want to get all the facilities and convenience in railways but also want it a low cost, is railways anybody’s ancestral property or what?? Y dont you demand airlines to have their fares 2500 fixed without any dynamic pricing?? or why do you pay 200 bucks for a shitty movie at an INOX go and do a dharna for that too??

3. Monica

Vushal, I am 100% sure that you are not Vishal but fu…ing, chu…ya Rajdeep Fu…Desai. Open you eyes you fu….ed up ignorant fool. Modi is here to stay for long time. And ya…why don’t you do something to prove ……As…h…e

4. Sourav

Hey Vishal,

I’d like to know in detail,a fact and information based contents about the matters you have spoken.

If you choose to impart the information, please contact facebook.com/the21stbullet,or let me know how I can contact you.

Thanks.

7. MrigankaDadwal

(@ Vishal — Youth of India is definitely not any foul mouthed, ill-bred man, addicted to F*** word and if it is, God save us. I could dish you back in your language and worse but I have better things to do)…
    For all those crying hoarse about communalism — Pseudo secularists have done India more damage than unfriendly neighbors and terrorists. This creed also mistakenly interchanges secularism with Hindu-bashing, so much so that when faced with these supposedly ‘evolved’ beings one feels almost apologetic for being a Hindu. My original article is actually about what a pleasant surprise it has been for me and many more like me (and 2.6 k shares actually proves it without me getting into a mud-slinging match with anyone who has used foul language or personal attacks to reply here) when for a change, a leader is addressing core issues that mean something to the youth of India — Cleanliness, Red-tape removal and Development of Safe Cities & Model Villages to name just a few.

(PS:Kay thanks but I doubt he will understand it and thanks for re-posting it)

1. Vishal

Oh Dadwal Dadwal Dadwal, who will teach you nuances? May be you will learn someday. So there is such a thing as an ad hominem, right? They taught you somewhere, at least that, I’m sure. Okay, right so, may be pay attention to something other than the F-word in my comment? No? Hm, do you want me to serve you up a “swachh” comment without the evil nasty F words? Do you think my words will then have weight?

Yet, aren’t you the one who promoted the message that we musn’t judge a girl on what she wears? So… may be you musn’t judge on the basis of HOW one talks and focus on WHAT is being talked?

No? Is the F-word too strong for you that you have to shield your eyes from the entire block of text around it as though it is an unholy eclipse? Okay then!

But if not…

May be keep your niticentral talking points down, honey, and may be focus on the things I said?

“Pseudo” is an interesting prefix, don’t you think? Can turn any argument around! Ah, what a tool!

I see you have in your “comeback comment” repeated (like a particularly saffron parrot) the same dicts that Modi’s PR team splashes onto Facebook. Like I had said in my diabolic F-word infested comment, may be if you research issues like caste, communalism, inequality, poverty, displacement, hunger, malnutrition and starved death, you could gain some nuance of what “India” and “development” mean?

Try it. Listen to critical viewpoints. Start with people working in the agricultural field for years and years, like P. Sainath, and you will realize there are a million skeletons in the closet.

Just try it. Type P. Sainath anywhere on Google or YouTube and see what actual research looks like, what actual problems look like. If you think unclean streets, a bribe-addicted cop or a pot-holed road are “problems”, please look him up. And then critique Modi or anyone else you might want to. But just PLEASE get all the facts in first, it’s the least anyone writing politics and governance can do.

2. chirag a

Vishal – You should really enter politics man. Most of the losers do that actually. I read your note and at the start of the note it seemed like you know all the facts, Indian Wikipedia. But, in the mid of the note (ignoring your shitty words) you seemed more like one of my loser teacher, who always wanted us to improve our GK and never knew who was the current PM then. Our author here, expressed her views, she never asked you to follow it, who the F* are you tell someone what to do? With that said, I like Modi for what he did to Gujarat – I have seen it and even listened to him over the time. He has done a lot positively about what he spoke about. Have experienced that change where my government officials really come to work on time. That change had never happened earlier. It did happen – I see great roads, good infrastructure. It never was like that. Farmer suicides, Communal Riots, etc. Yes that all happened – Where in India it has not happened.

You think about past, live in the past.. I hope for the future and I am sure what Modi is speaking these days – if not all, much of it will be implemented (whatever benefit he might get, i don’t care) and I will be part of the change too and like many other losers, you will just speak and speak.

Yes, I have access to web, am an urban person. So, I am going to use Modi’s website. It’s gonna make me feel good – Which other Politician made me feel good? or may be made you feel good? May be some MMS of other politicians would have surely entertained you..

Just put aside your facts and do you really think there is someone who can be compared with Modi. Or even near to him? No Politician, but may be if you turn out to be one. Shit should be used for shitty stuff, not to spoil someone’s contribution or thoughts – still you have democracy to write but strictly no rights to abusively teach someone.

Don’t just write for the sake of writing – or may be just to get noticed. I am not a good writer like you, your vocab is good – Make a good use of it. (Do you get that fart ass?, lol in your style)

3. pk

Dude y dont you shut the fuck up!!, she has given a perfect rebuttal to you and now you dont have words to say, you know what the prob with we Indians are , we think its fashionable to be idiosyncratic nowdays so if everyone appreciates Modi, y not criticize him even though we dont have any basis for the argument. People think Modi symbolizes hindutva because he refused to wear a skull cap, do you go to a gurudwara wearing a turban if you are hindu?? Its BJP govt only which allocated 20 crore for upgradation of Madarsas do you know why?? because poor muslims prefer their children to be taught in madarsas rather than co-ed schools so I think its an appreciable move by the Govt. now will you call Modi pro-Muslim? No you will not because you need something to bash Modi and then you will come up with half baked facts that are presented by amateur politicians like Kejriwal to insinuate him. If you are against an ideology its fine, but y target an individual? I also read Modi is a fascist, has he put anti-Modi supporters in jail like Indira Gandhi did in times of emergency, why dont people criticize her just because she is dead?? Dude better be rational before uttering bullshit and learn to respect women first

4. Abhishek

In some ways, I agree with some of your points Vishal. India’s problems are not just these unclean streets and pot-holed roads, and I am pretty much sure nobody is even saying that.

From your comments, it seems to me that you subscribe to communist theory of governance, as you are worried more for agriculture and a socio economic balance to be pervaded evenly throughout the populace. Given the fact that, India has 58% of workforce involved in agriculture which sadly ends up producing just 18% of the GDP, don’t you think its rather more articulate to invest more in other areas (e.g. manufacturing sector, domestic defense industry) than just to keep believing that an already over-occupied sector can make this country grow by leaps and bounds? Come on, be realistic!

Issues like caste and inequality are not to be fixed by government, it stemmed right from vedic culture and had deep rooted presence in social fabric, but we are losing this gradually, nobody can deny! I come from a place where untouchability was practiced some 10 years back, now I can see that doesn’t happen anymore. I have seen, a person from forward class (conventionally speaking) dining with a person from a lower class. To reiterate the cliche, education is helping us to win this over!

5. chirag a

Oh my oh my…. I am so so impressed with you, your response and your thoughts. Hats off for the response to some of the looosers here. I am not so good at writing but could not stop myself. I wish I had some powers and could grant your some wishes. Lol, fun apart. I LOVE MODI and I don’t give a shit what others want to say about him. Whatever he has done so far, at least what I can see – Is the best i have seen done by a politician. He turned me – an amid hater of politics and politician, take interest in politics. Someone who always tried googling or youtubing for movies now searching for the speeches of Modi. Well, Yeah an old fellow Modified me.. He has something – Something really good.

6. Vishal

Thank you chirag a, for drawing out figures from your past and likening them to me, such fun! I never asked someone what to do, I critisized the author for writing such a dim-witted, narrow-view article, which I am sanctioned by democracy. Okay? And that’s exactly what you did too, so shush shush ho ja.

But… mera point tho miss ho gaya na! PHIR SE! 🙂

Understand this: Governance is not about making YOU feel good, it is about coming out with an equitable and sustainable way to make EVERYONE feel better than before. Especially the people who have nothing, or very very little.

Also understand this: With the current kind of governance (in fact from 1991 until today), whenever YOU and I (the benficiaries) have “felt good”, it has been at the cost of a million unprivileged Indians. Land grabbing, forcing people to live in the gaps of cities, malnutrition, environmental destruction, etc. have destryed the nation. Did you know in the last 10 years, one farmer has committed suicide every half an hour? Urgently, we need a government that says NO to this kind of lopsided corporate development. And, if you look at all the environmental clearences the Modi government has given, this government is NOT any different from the Congress. Simple as that.

P.S. Why would I want to “get noticed” like this, man?! There’s nobody here to “notice” me. This is only a first-name orphan web identity, just like yours. If I speak physically in a group of 100 people or on my Facebook account, THAT would be notice, no?

Anyway, chal, hoping you do start to understand what “development” means to the underprivileged majority of this country, here is a tidbit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9R4dLqh4VtQ (You can watch it after enjoying your web access to the great PM’s website, yo.)

7. MrigankaDadwal

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and your support Chirag. Somehow I had missed that point of Govt officials reaching office on time … I am glad you pointed that out… 🙂

8. sharan

Is so typical that people start hating a person just coz most of the others love him.

As for me I don’t care about the criminal cases on Modi, being an Indian I know that all of them out their are criminals(99%)..
    So all I can ask is..as a leader, can you deliver…????

People of this county have voted congress for 60yrs we can see the results of it..

Modi has a proven track record in Gujarat.. For the first time we have a leader with proven track record..

The funniest part is on the other hand, we had the great Rahul Gandhi as our alternative .. 😀

We have handed out nation to him..so let’s just wait for five years and then analyse him…100days is no way to judge any1 governance ..

Don’t make it a habit to speak against a govt just coz we are in democracy, give it time…. See for one or two years..if u don’t find any improvement..only then ur comments will be justified…till then wait n watch…

1. Ravi

Correct your fact. There is not a single case on Namo . there never was.

9. Vivek

We had a silent, presumably puppet leadership for 10 long years… we had a problem with that… we now have a outspoken, charismatic or you call it a PR team driven flamboyant leader…. we have a problem with that… What exactly then are we looking for?

10. hari krishna s

i am from Kerala where BJP has always had a difficult time.
    To an extend what you have written is true and this is the way things has to go.
    And i am sure BJP will one day get a seat in Kerala. Peoples mid set are changing.

And i am worried about it…

RSS was not prominent political parties in kearla, but suddenly they are into the main streams in Kerala. These are purely Hindu organization.
    Muslims has Muslim league, purely a Muslim organization.

I personally feels that there is divide between the two communities like never before. Many of the leaders give hate speech about other community. I have head Subramanya swami saying that Hindu voters should unite and Muslim voters should get divided. Muslim leaders are no exception to this.

Now the political fight is no longer on the basis of political ideologies.
    But it is now happening on the basis of religion.. and i am worried about it.

PM should learn to handle these religions parties well…
    If not our so called development just wont not help..

I am a HINDU and i want India to remain secular..and not HINDU nation..

1. rahul

I agree with u…
      but see

what is secular????

one respect other religion also…being a Hindu we acknowledge the existence of other religion….but in Koran it is mentioned all idol worshipper are kafir…and will be killed…and it is duty of every Muslim to follow it

Hindu are once stretch from Afghanistan to Indonesia and now just in India…that too fast decreasing…

wherever muslim are in majrority they execute hindu..see Pakistan at indepence tome 20% hindu now 2%

bangadesh..32% to 7%..let don’t take that see Kashmir how they killed hindu..but in Jammu region 30% muslim are …

even after this..u dnt wake up..hindu religion will die out..may be u can see that not me…

think and search above…dnt blindly follow….

2. Rabeeh

M brother Rahul,
      I have utmost respect for our PM and the BJP party which stands out for development and upbrining of OUR nation.
      But I implore you that please do not spread your ignorant words unless you are sure of whar you are talking about. Every word that spills of one’s mouth MAY have an everlasting impact on an easily impressionable person.
      I am not going to request you to read the Koran like every other Muslim says so that he can walk off the argument. But let me explain to you, that any phrases in the Koran for killings or murders are read in the wrong context. Like in every other religion, war was only encouraged in Islam to protect your religion, your country, family, women and children. My Islam has only taught me to respect human lives and other religions as well..
      The new concept of Islamophobia is well justified with all thats happening around us and I will not try to reason with it. I apologize for what some ignorant *&ck-up do in the name of religion. But then again, its prevelant in every other religion. Unfortunately, the word ‘terrorism’is synonymous with ‘Íslam/Muslim’ only.

3. MrigankaDadwal

I agree with you Sir, India is, should be and will remain a secular nation.

I was only trying to dispel some myths about how people misrepresent the word Hindutva.

Aryans or Hindus [Actually Pt Nehru gives a wonderful account of our descent in Discovery Of India. I wonder if some so called intellectuals actually bother to read that book, will they brand Pt Nehru as communal too :)] are a 5000 year old civilization and Hindus have never attacked any culture or land, we have imbibed the best practices of even those who attacked us and that is the reason why we have sustained for 5000 years. Our essence is synthesis not destruction. Anyone who claims otherwise is a fanatic (not Hindu) and yes we should be very much worried about fanatics but we can’t let them hijack the beautiful essence of Hinduism. Nor should we allow ill-informed people to attack it.

Hinduism has its roots in love, peace and harmony.

That said, it is true that in the process we have picked up some corrupt practices too and naturally we have our share of fanatics. That, however, is not singular to us. What is good is the fact that people like you and me make the major chunk of this nation. And like you rightly pointed out for us politics should be development-centric.

4. MrigankaDadwal

@ Mr Hari Krishna S…. Sorry Sir, I forgot to mention you in my reply.. that one is for you 🙂

5. Oscar

The most basic division of the Indian society is of Aryans and Dravidians. According to this division, nearly 72% of Indians are Aryans and 28% are Dravidians. The north Indians are the descendants of Aryans and the south Indians are Dravidians. The languages spoken in five states of south India are considered Dravidian languages and most of the languages spoken in the north are considered Aryan languages. The general script of the Aryan languages is different from the general script of Dravidian languages. The Indians also distinguish themselves by the general north Indian accent and general south Indian accent.

According to general Indian legend, the Aryans arrived in north India somewhere from Iran and southern Russia at around 1500 BC. Before the Aryans, the Dravidian people resided in India. The Aryans disregarded the local cultures. They began conquering and taking control over regions in north India and at the same time pushed the local people southwards or towards the jungles and mountains in north India. According to this historical fact the general division of Indian society is made. North Indians are Aryans and south Indians are Dravidians. But this division isn’t proper because of many reasons.

Many Indians immigrated from one part of India to other parts of India and not all local people of north India were pushed southwards by the Aryans. Some stayed and served the Aryans and others moved to live in the forests and the jungles of north India. Before the arrival of the Aryans there were also other communities in India like Sino-Mongoloids and Austroloids. There were also other foreign immigrations and invaders who arrived in India, from time to time.

There are many that completely doubt that there was ever any Aryan invasion in India. This skepticism is based on the dating of the Aryan invasion of India and the fact that Hinduism and the caste system are believed to have been established as the result of the meetings between the intruding Aryans and original residents of India, the Dravidians.

The caste system is believed to have been established by the Aryans. The fair skinned Aryans who occupied parts of India established the caste system, which allowed only them to be the priests (Brahman), aristocracy (Kshatria) and the businessmen (Vaisia) of the society. Below them in hierarchy were the Sudras who consisted of two communities. One community was of the locals who were subdued by the Aryans and the other were the descendants of Aryans with locals. In Hindu religious stories there are many wars between the good Aryans and the dark skinned demons and devils. The different Gods also have dark skinned slaves. There are stories of demon women trying to seduce good Aryan men in deceptive ways. There were also marriages between Aryan heroes and demon women. Many believe that these incidences really occurred in which, the gods and the positive heroes were people of Aryan origin. And the demons, the devils and the dark skinned slaves were in fact the original residence of India whom the Aryans coined as monsters, devil, demons and slaves. Normally the date given to Aryan invasion is around 1500 BC. But according to Hinduism experts some of the events in Hinduism occurred much earlier. Some of the events like the great war in the Mahabharta epic is believed to have occurred (based on astronomical research) 7000 years ago.

According to this Hindu experts the word Aryan is a misinterpretation of the original Sanskrit word, Arya. Arya means pure or good in Sanskrit. In the holy Vedas the good people were called Arya. Some of the European scholars of Indian culture in the 19th century were Germans. These German scholars who found that Swastika was also a holy symbol among the Hindus distorted, the word Arya to Aryan.

11. M.d.mathur

Modi is acting not as leader of a party but of the nation.He is seeking and getting support from even opponents who may care for the country.After independence first time such feeling has come

12. Nimesh Modi

We have a problem in Mumbai-where we are residing-would like to comment on same.
    How and where ,I can do same ?
    What Mr Namo is doing need to be done at all level, at all places.

13. Ratheesh Kumar

Well written Mriganka. I was not a huge fan of Mr. Modi. In fact I was very severe on his supporters. But now I started to admire him. I now feel my country has a leader. One we can present before the world. One we can put faith on. Go on Modiji, change the nation. We, youth , are with you.

14. Asim

.1. He is talking the talk: Black money in 100 days, a Corruption free India was the biggest pre-election promise that Mr Modi failed. With Mr Jaitley’s statement and ppl like Yedyurappa, Sriramalu and Gadkari in cabinet, how does one expect BJP to end corruption, corruption will at best be hidden under Modi
    2. He is walking the walk: Yeah, what else do you expect from a corporate funded PM with no opposition. The best time to loot India is now, and Modi is the man to make it possible, every CEO knows it.
    3. He is motivating the youth to take ownership: Please have some general knowledge before comparing Modi and Gandhi, Gandhi was killed by a man belonging to Mr Modi’s camp, while Mr Modi’s camp distributed sweets. What does one expect the youth to learn from a PM who lived and fed in a fascist Organisation
    4. He is accessible to the common citizens: Yeah that is why he needs a stage managed pre recorded, scripted interview with Fareed Zakaria. Why isnt the media savy PM not talking to Indian journalists?
    5. Modi has grabbed the world by the eye-balls and no one is complaining: Maybe you need to rotate your eyes and see the protests at Madison square, the hooliganism of Modi fans on an Indian journalist. There was nothing unique in Mr Modi’s visit. When you give away free tickets, who wont expect a crowd. Talk to common citizens across the World, all they know about Modi is Gujarat, polarization and violence. We Indians have chosen British Development against Gandhi’s justice and Swaraj.
    I am remembering a scene from the movie Run “Ab khaiyega kawwa biryani, toh muhammad rafi jaisa awaaz thodi aagea”
    I see Mr Modi and all the development crap as part of RSS’s larger political plan to create a fascist Hindu state, that it.

1. Mathew

Dude Just spoke all the truth (Y)
      I knew every plan of this RSS sponsored political Party

2. Suresh

@Mathew : Unfortunately many Hindus do not know plans of West sponsored Xtians.

3. shiv

Ya. We can see that asim. Ur destination is ISIL

4. Vasudev

If you think, It will be a Hindu state, so it be. RSS is purely Hindu organization. Muslims has Muslim league, purely a Muslim organization. As long as we bring up peace and progress as a nation, is fine. It definitely needs a leader like Modi to speak with guts to speak and act against the goons in the name of religion and caste.

5. suman

what about ur simi huriyat jamat thugs deobandies who are spreading hatred against other communities and crime committed by ur community ppl also hate speeches of owasis, imaran masood, azam khan and rashid alvie etc..
      and urdu media which spreading false news and communal hatred

6. Ravi

1. I challenge you to show one video of modi . single one where he says anything about 100 days. he always said give me 60 months. so one of your lie is nailed . Gadkari corrupt lol says who your nautankiwal. same gadkari when filed defamation case and challenged kejriwal to give proof against him . muh main dahi jam gaya tha and was thrown into tihar. lol. no body is corrupt if you say so .

2. pure rant. sab mile hue hai ambani agent bla bla bla.

3.He is motivating youth. Thousand of young people like me are motivated to help government in taking forward thing. Be it swach bharat or jan dhan people are participating and looking forward to every new scheme launched by namo

4. Why should nzmo talks to newstraders. He is talking directly to public via social media, man ki bat and his websites.

5 Video evidence now have clearly proved beyond doubt that it was sardesi who abused and physically assaulted a person. Its proved now that sardesai who has hatred for namo was frustrated cause of grand reception he was getting and started abusing nris and even physically assaulted a person like gunda.
      Lol and what are these rants about calling hindus fascist etc lol Country has moved on from this sikular crap. lol

15. Narendra Bhai M.

Good Job.
    Not a single suggestion or tweet go unnoticed. To make our country lead the 21st century, do support. Bharat Bhagya Vidhata !!

16. Rishi

No progress is possible without critics and issues. Every coin has both sides, every matter has it’s anti-matter. Every evolution, and revolution takes collateral damage. I accept that. I know it’s inevitable.

If I have to undergo a change to form a better society, I will and no matter how tough it is! A country like ours, its the scalability that always cracks our unity. If you start a good thing from one state, other start pointing fingers to why ‘he’ started from state X, and not Y .. We are impatient hooligans, and rather than being in line to wait for our turns; we always expect – ‘jahan hum khadae ho, line vahin sae hi shuru honi chahiyae’. And, this social debacle have failed in establishing basic life securities and respect for being human.

Now, the society has gone beyond fixing; it needs some breaking up, before being reformed! And, this is what’s going on by our PM. Religions are to establish peace and brotherhood, and not to be in spotlight when anything good or bad happens. Believe in humanity, and being together; and as long as we can’t detect religions on DNA, it is to me a medium to attain peace & righteousness; and not to fight for or with …

And, the Madison Square incidence – How many of you were actually there? I was. And, I saw the good and bad. I am proud that a leader roared here in US when people still believe ours a country of snake charmers & eve teasers! He came, he orated and he got the much deserving spotlight right on us. He showed that we have ba*** to get the world’s attention. Now when everybody is watching us .. its our duty to perform in the spotlight and show we are one secular country & we can do wonders. The CEOs, VCs, investors are ready to put money .. Are you ready to show your best?

Damage is inevitable, and what remains survives and excels. Our cloaks have been removed, time to shine!

Be kind.

1. suman

Modi bashing is int’l business going on last 12 years 24 x 7 and a large section of eng hindi MSM supari jurnos, bribed ngos corrupt media crooks and news trades are earning in petro dollars.he is only politician hounded so much by this fake secular bhogy bcuz they carry false fabricated and biased news manufacturing lies, dirty stories which is faraway from truth & try to create a false perception and spreading hatred by making every issue majority VS minority Daily prime time news hour is bjo/modi bashing following an negative agenda to defame, degrade modi and bjp and communal VS secularl
      Still he won guj election 3 times with full majority, LS with single party historic win & magical win and by elections also now in haryana and maha This is bcuz ppl respect and love him , he won Jantaa ka Adaalat which very imp he reached the highest post this country even though abused and humiliated by fake secular bhogy
      N Modi is a statesman visionary leader, proven administrator, and very good orator always connected with common mass of this country. HIS ACTIONS SPEAKS FOR HIM, Modi is focused on results, not honeyed words HE DOES NOT NEED ANYBODY’S CERTIFICATE OR TO PROVE ANYTHING His critics/ abusers who are congress slaves, are still ranting against him Bcuz NOTHING CAN STOP MAD DOGS BARKING!!
      thanks to social media, and local language media ppl can reach to the truth
      the big achievement is Working govt , strong and stable govt where decisions were made and implemented. good governance, stable price, improving foreign policy, are the result of 5 months modi’s govt.

17. Gaurav

modi is doing a good job. he will demolish all those anti nationals who are spewing poison against him. kudos to him, the nation grows stronger the anti nationals get more and more upset . this is visible from the comments of some people

18. Jsp

To all “With Modi” (including me) – Let’s just agree with what Mr. Asim says in his post as he is amongst bunch of those left out ppl who find it difficult to appreciate and accept that Modi has taken the nation by his side with nothing more than his oratory and the fact that it is indeed stirring things in right direction especially for youths like me.
    Secondly for a nation who has lost lakhs of crores over a period of 10 disastrous years in scams, you are expecting them to bring back to India within 100 Fu**in days??? As rightly pointed out by Mr. Rishi we r a bunch of hooligans and you are the epitome.

The fact is ppl are hearing what they really wanted to hear from Modi over the period of 10 years filled with torture and thanks to your party ‘Congress’ for that.

And what the hell do you expect from a mob of 19K who came to hear Modi at Madison square. How do you think they should have delt with a nuisance like sardesai who was just ‘unecessarily’ trying to be a typical media man.
    Let me put it this way – How do you want your fellow-men to react to a person who is repeatedly and unnecessarily denting the image of a someone who has just made you feel proud of you and your country on a foreign land like never before and leading you to believe in “Yes – We are something”.

Sorry, but he deserved this !

19. Srishti

How Indian channels covered it and how American channels covered Madison square was different. And the way the Indian media covered the way the western media covered it was different from how it was actually covered. The journalists needed a reason to justify their trips abroad to the media owners esp. when they started covering Jayalalitha from NY.
    Oh, also West /= America.

20. chintu

Kudos Mriganka!! After a long time I enjoyed reading a full article not because it was pro-modi or anything like that, because it was written honestly.

1. MrigankaDadwal

Thanks a lot… you made my day 🙂

2. Snehashish Bhattacharya

The Aryan Invasion Theory is a myth created by the british and perpetuated by the commies like comrade Romila. Genetics have established that the whole of India is one (97 to 98%). As far as the vintage of our civilisation is concerned, it’s been unnecessarily hyped. However, to those who keep harping on 1500 BC like the venomous commies, use of an internationally respected and accepted astronomical software called “Planetarium Gold” on the profuse astronomical configurations in Valmiki’s ‘Ramayan’ have established exact dates. These were once dismissed as impossible by astronomers and are now accepted and pinpoint the chronology of the epic to early 5000 BC. Indian/Hindu civilisation is obviously older. What the commies are petrified about is that there is a dialogue. That there are other voices in the air which they had suppressed with the state sponsored patronage of nehru and later the communal political party. These anachronistic perversions will soon cease to exist.

I agree wholeheartedly with Rabeeh. India/Bharat now is an entity comprised of all of us. Let’s stop talking redundancies and move forward to claim the place that we deserve. I have friends who are Muslims and will take offence with anyone who dares question their patriotism. We are both different but no one has to be wrong or evil. At this time when things are not conducive worldwide, they need our reassurance. Remember, we also have our share of fanatics and idiots.

Let us all move forward together as our PM wants us to. The carping and whining will soon loose relevance and die out completely.

21. samir

A true thought which each indian feels

22. Dsp

WoW !!! Super nice article. The best one i have read in the recent past.

23. arvind

How much bjp paid you for this? Bloody paid B. Shame on you. Shame on your family. Bloody superficial article. Typical plant. U had voted fr him. Yet another propaganda. Bloody B. Fcuck off

1. Roop

Loser, go lick the fake Gandhis or Ujriwal

2. MrigankaDadwal

Kudos to your family for raising you. In less than a paragraph you have shown your upbringing…. I think this is how men in your family address the women. RIP women empowerment. I wish you a speedy recovery!

24. Rajneesh Sharma

There is one thing called praising the good acts and then there is another thing called romanticizing a person. You said that you got a pm who speaks, oh really? Can you please tell me what he said on riots in Trilokpuri and many more communal clashes? Can you please tell me why he didn’t went to Shakti Sathala on martyr day of Indira Gandhi? Can you please tell me why is he silent on issue of black money which he promised to bring back in 100 days( I’m still waiting for the day when he will credit my account with Rs. 300000)? Can you please tell me why he is taking support from the same NCP in Maharashtra which he described as the National corrupt party> stop telling lies and come out of your dreams. Face the reality and then post something genuine……

25. hero

5 reasons i’m not his fan – 1) all the policies are copied from UPA with new names, few he condemned like adhar, bank accounts for all all UPA policies he taking credit 2) keeping mum on riots ( he promised there won’t be any riots after he becomes PM, I see more now. even places like delhi 3) he promised he will bring back black money in 100 days and every indian will get 13 lakh i’m waiting for that. BJP took U turn and did not disclose names of people who holding money in swis bank thanks to court. 4) He called NCP corrupt party, we know what is happening ( anything for power) 5) Nothing was done for women safety ( only 100 crores for women safety but for some statue 1000 crores) . I have another 500 reasons I don’t like him. Now his bhakts will call me anti-national, pakistani i’m ok with it. RIP intelligence, no more use of brain follow media and publicity.

26. Ram Mohan

Well said. I too was sceptical about the BJP and a Modi Government with their intolerance on human rights… I was a staunch supporter of Arvind Kejriwal, and must say – I still like what Arvinds trying to do. And despite this, I truly believe that Narendar Modi is the best thing that has happened to India and to me. It reminds me of the time when we had President Kalam who cut across all protocol and made us proud. The simple fact that we have a National leader who speaks out on his own. We have a decisive leader. We have someone who holds out a firm hand without being prompted. We have someone who speaks without being tele prompted.
    I do believe there is much more he can do, but am willing to wait a few terms.
    Yes, he has been helped by anti incumbancy to a large extent, but, if it makes people like us feel positive, I do believe we are on the right track.
    Right now watching Rahul Gandhi speaking in Bilaspur on the Sterilisation Deaths, and virtually thank the Congress and Dr Manmohan Singh for portraying him as the future of the Congress, which I believe is the principal reason for their debacle. Incompetency at the highest level – i wonder when all the supporters of the Congress will admit that Rahul should have been kept out of politics.
    Thank you Rahul for your contribution.

27. Ram Mohan

Dear Mriganka and all other commentators here
    The internet has revolutionised communication. From days when the radio and telegraph introduced the first long distance communication, that was restricted to those who could put forward their points of view, to today, when you , me and everyone else can virtually post and comment and express thoughts. This is amazing and positive. Imagine the good we can do. But lets take a deep breath and imagine the mayhem and hatred we can spread too. Simple rumours and even the spread of unhappy truths can create a greater divide. Thus will all humility can I request all of you commenting here, use this for positive dialogue. Mrigankas article is only expressing her views without being derogatory. Why cant we agree to disagree if we don’t without using expletives and making an already great divide between religion, creed, caste, gender and thought, even deeper. While I believe in freedom of expression of thought, I would call upon the moderator to expunge all messages of hate using expletives.

1. MrigankaDadwal

Thank You SIR, for making that point. Every one is entitled to have an opinion but some people just don’t know how to disagree!

28. Srinivas

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_violence_in_India#Sayyid_dynasty_.281414-1451_AD.29

The above link summarizes some of the major riots and religious violence, starting from the Barbarian invasions to the modern day,
    and please count how many were not the 2002 Gujarat riots.
    You ostriches may have your world begin and end with Godhra riots, you can continue to live there, but the world will move on.

More from MrigankaDadwal

By Rachana Priyadarshini

By Ashish shakywar