How The Men’s Right Movement Is A Propaganda Against Feminism That Misinterprets Gender Inequality

By Shinjini Devbarman:

I recently came across this movement called ‘Men’s Right Activism‘, and my first reaction was – Is it actually a thing? Apparently, it is.

So, naturally, I did some research to find out when and how it started. I was horrified at the amount of hate mongering creeps there are on the internet. But one thing was clear – man, do they hate women, especially feminists.

MRA 3

MRA has had a short history. Going back to 1970’s, the MRA is an aggressive backlash to feminism. With the growth of the social media platforms, the MRA’s have taken to fighting for their rights and strongly believing in their victimhood. Their contention is that the traditionally suppressed groups have taken away their rights, usurped their power and ‘taken away what it means to be a man’.

To say that that the above statement is hilarious would be an understatement. It is no secret that the traditional gender roles are in a state of flux. The traditional system has such fixed notions of masculinity and femininity that there is no room for a third category, or a fourth or a fifth for that matter. Attempts to challenge these hetero-normative structures are therefore met with adversity by people who are comfortable with the status quo. And that is exactly the case with MRA.

I am well aware of the pressures on men. Yes, it is an unequal world. But if there is absolutely one thing that needs to be addressed, it is the fact that men do not have to face systematic oppression because of their gender. The dowry system, female infanticides, rapes against women, eve teasing, lower wages (being told that it is good karma not to ask for more wages), to name a few, are levels of oppression that a human being has to face for having a uterus instead of a penis. We cannot be blind to the privileges that are bestowed on a human being for being a heterosexual male.

The MRA is a breeding ground for misogyny, a case of reverse sexism. Instead of confronting real problems like racist and xenophobic attacks on men, supporting male victims of sexual harassment, and protecting homosexual and transgender men, their only focus seems to be channeling all that hatred on internet forums, blatantly attacking women for the apparent downfall of machismo. They pride themselves on a twisted logic of what masculinity is, and say that they have it worse than women. They do not care about men who do not fit the traditional role of manliness, often blaming the victim of sexual assault for not ‘manning up’.

Moreover, it is highly doubtful when it comes to actively protecting men’s right that these same people will come forward and actually do something. The internet is their safe zone; it provides anonymity for throwing shade towards ‘feminist bitches’. In my research, I was on more than a few occasions confronted with a term used to describe feminists – femi-nazis. ‘Femi-Nazis’ is a term used to associate feminists to a group of fascist, dictatorial tyrants. Basically what we are looking at here is regressive mentality that equates an ideology of equality to fascism. It is instantly clear that MRA is misinformed and have internal contradictions that it needs to resolve immediately. They blame women for taking away their privileges, consider rape a form of ‘hysteria’ and feel victimized under ‘feminist governance’. Further, a ‘boys can’t control themselves’ mentality labels every boy in the world as sexual predators.

MRA 1

MRA 2

Any discourse surrounding gender sensitization, therefore, is left redundant. Their resentment stems from a deep seeded fear of ‘emasculation’ and losing their privileges as discourses surrounding gender equality rises. It’s like saying after centuries of paying heavy taxes to the king, the peasants decide one day that they don’t want to be treated unfairly, but the king retaliates by saying that he is being targeted unreasonably.

Of course there are certain aspects to the MRA that are legitimate, but turning it into a movement by saying that they are victimized and marginalized by feminists is laughable. It is a depressing reminiscing of a time when a heterosexual man enjoyed all the privileges that society could offer at the expense of the suppressed groups.

I agree that we need to focus on the issues that surround men, like how the society will never allow him to explore his sexuality – anything other than being heterosexual is wrong, like how his worth as a man can only be established by being fight-ready, and the incessant gender stereotypes that hurt and restrict them as much as they do to a women. But men don’t struggle to break free from these gender roles because women have taken over their privileges, or feminists have finally triumphed in ‘brainwashing’ people. If anything, feminists have, after years of struggle, only touched the tip of the iceberg; the problem of gender inequality is still rampant.

This is why we need to understand gender as a spectrum and not as mutually exclusive areas. We need to realize that in a predominantly patriarchal society, gender is nothing more than a construct, when in reality, for many, gender identities are often fluid. While movements like the MRA have a toxic appeal to it, we cannot deviate attention from the problem that faces us at the moment, which is of gender inequality.

1. tnk

As a gay man, I do not concede to most of the points made by the MRA’s. They are just a bunch of straight men, afraid of losing their uncanny privileges. I have never seen them acknowledging the struggle of men in the LGBT+ community or focus on actual problems such as terrible stereotypes around masculinity, high suicide rates among men, how they have to tackle a society that expects too much from them, sexual harassment of men and other such issues.

All they talk about is false cases of rape and dowry (which are a legit concern, for the record, and perpetrators should be severely punished) and somehow try to justify domestic violence and rape through that lens. There is so much that MRA’s can do but alas, like the feminazis (not feminists) they are also a lost cause.

1. 11twiggins

The trouble is that their concerns are not the big ones. They talk about fake rape claims, but statistics put the % of false rape claims below 8% and as low as 2%.What do you think?
      They talk about male victims of domestic abuse, but they only focus on women as abusers while ignoring abuse in gay couples. They also fail to do ANYTHING about any of the things they are complaining about. I’ve seen feminists fund-raise for unisex domestic abuse centers. MRAs have never done this.

2. Ashish

@tnk Totally agree with you buddy..I'd like to be friends with you. Can we connect? Hit me up on Facebook… Look me up by my email ID gaymaleyouth@gmail.com

2. Aditya Singh

Indian Feminism and American Feminism have to deal with different issues which are separated by over 30 years on the timeline. The stats about different issues are different so the priorities are different.

Yeah a lot of MRA is crap. A lot of radical feminism is also faux social justice. Both of these groups primarily have a hate for the perceived sexuality and sexual views of the opposite gender because it won’t go according to what you expect. There are some real issues which arise from the destruction of the institution of marriage which has happened in the west and laws not being able to keep up with it.

3. Babar

This article is a lie. It is not just men, but more and more women are waking up to lies of feminism.

Below are a handful of the many quotes by feminists since decades spewing hatred against men.

“I want to see a man beaten to a bloody pulp with a high-heel shoved in his mouth, like an apple in the mouth of a pig.” – Andrea Dworkin from her book ‘Ice and Fire’.

“Men who are unjustly accused of rape can sometimes gain from the experience.” – Catherine Comin, Vassar College.

“All sex, even consensual sex between a married couple, is an act of violence perpetrated against a woman – Catherine MacKinnon (Feminist).

“All men are rapists and that’s all they are” – Marilyn French, Author.

1. Giselle

I’ve been reading all your comments. I just have one question – Do you realize what feminism is? Do you know the concept? Stop confusing feminism with man-hating. That’s not the ideology of this movement. Feminists only want men and women to have equal rights, an equal status. Just because women have a uterus and men a penis does not mean that women and men do not deserve the same rights, the same freedoms.

2. Rahul mehra

what type of rights or status you are talking about. Everywhere women get reservations be it seat in bus or trains , in most of exams , queue etc etc. U know what is this ? its a partility in women’s favour not equality. & why do they complain even after having so much prevailages. U know what feminists want everything according to their taste.

3. J

Women get seats on busses and trains therefore equality has been achieved??? Do you even know what you’re saying or are you just hitting your keyboard and hoping you say something profound?

4. 11twiggins

The trouble is that their concerns are not the big ones. They talk about fake rape claims, but statistics put the % of false rape claims below 8% and as low as 2%.

5. 11twiggins

Oh, these lovely quotes again. Here’s a few fun facts about these “feminists” quotes that you MRAs love to spew out every once and a while. They aren’t real. They are a combination of quotes from fictional characters in books written by feminists, quotes made by feminists in the context of describing the opinions of female supremacists, and some of these people either don’t identify as feminists or have been rejected by other feminists.
      The Dworkin quote, for example, is plain made up. There is no evidence that she ever said this. What’s funny though is that MOST feminists actually disagree with Dworkin anyway!

4. Shubham

Propaganda is. …when u keep repeating one-side of stiry and not consider other aspects.And in all honesty feminists do more propaganda than MRA.

In US, half of all marriages end in divorce…….and 95% of time its the man who has to pay half of his property,child alimony etc. and yet dont get the custody of child.Even in US(whose laws are actually much less feminist-friendly than indian laws), women get much less punishment for same crime.
    In such a situation,is it wrong to make MRAs ??

U talk abt. hate…….. just go to feminists sites like jezbel to see the extent of hate feminists show.

1. 11twiggins

You’re right. Divorce law is antiquated and favours women. So tell me, what are MRAs doing about it? I’ve never met a feminist who actually thinks divorce law was fair; divorce law was a so-called “feminist” movement in the 60s and 70s which was designed to protect child-raising wives. Now that we know that women are just as likely to be bad parents as men, and that men should get the kids in many cases, these laws make no sense. So campaign against the LAWS, not the feminists who have nothing to do with the laws.

2. J

If these are true problems that men face (which have recently been disproved by the way) then THAT is what MRAs should focus their time and energy on. Instead all they do is vilify feminism instead of trying to do something worthwhile with themselves.

5. Babar

The very fact that women ask for reservation in the political arena and the corporate world is enough proof that women cannot compete with men fairly. At work, women work fewer hours, easier jobs, take leave more often, and take courses in college which pay less, and then they complain about getting paid less for the same work as men, which is obviously a lie.

http://youtu.be/vyFjPHwF6To

6. Babar

Women ask for the same pay in the army, as construction workers, and firefighters, but many do not pass the tests, many are inapt when it comes to physical endurance and are given positions accordingly, while in many places the requirement for physical standards is different for men and women, especially in the police force, which shows that women cannot compete with men. There are many tasks that require heavy lifting and physical strength, and it is fact that men do much better than women when it comes to such feats. Furthermore, many men have suffered in dangerous jobs requiring physical exertion, while the fact remains that the top ten dangerous jobs in the world are worked by men. There can be no comparison between men and women when it comes to the workforce.

http://youtu.be/ERwzqvs7vvU

7. Babar

We never talk about the biases that men face on a daily basis – women usurp half of men’s properties during divorces, courts give men stricter sentences for the same crimes that women commit, juries give verdicts against men in domestic disputes, men give alimony to women, misandry in the media, sexism against men, domestic violence against men, men are locked up in false cases of rape, dowry, and domestic abuse, etc.

Under the Indian judicial system, a woman can accuse a man of rape, domestic violence, or dowry harassment, with very little proof, if any, and have him imprisoned. Today, tens of thousands of innocent Indian men rot in jail for crimes they did not commit, courtesy of fabricated allegations by women.

The draconian Indian law is being misused left, right, and center, where women have men imprisoned with false charges. From settling personal agendas to blackmailing for money, the law in India is being grossly manipulated by women. From relationships gone sour to broken promises of marriage, any reason is enough to falsely accuse men and land them behind bars. Of late, girls caught having premarital sex accuse their boyfriends of rape, without a care in the world about the boys’ reputation, future, career, family, and life.

Men are always at the receiving end, men are victimized, tormented, and traumatized, and is it any surprise that the number of suicide rates among men is soaring in India. According to The Hindu, as many as 1,35,445 people committed suicide in the country last year. Statistics released by the National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB) show that excluding West Bengal, 79,773 men and 40,715 women had taken the extreme step. According to the statistics, a man in India commits suicide every six minutes.

The Indian media does not highlight the plight of men because sympathizing with women’s causes brings them much needed attention. However, the suicide statistics tell a different story altogether. In India, it is men who are suffering at the hands of women.

1. Ritu Sharma

Buddy!! Why do you complain so much ? Yes agreed …the abuse men suffer, sexism that men suffer, biases that men suffer are underrated in our country BUT what are you doing for it ? If you feel so much for the cause stand up and do something in this field rather than acting like a cry baby!! Everyone should be able to help themselves. I think the fact the women today can stand up for themselves against any kind of abuse and biases should be appreciated by everyone. Few decades ago even this was not possible!! Not that I support feminism but atleast there are few women who work for the good of such women who become victim of male ego. If you think that men are so underrated when it comes to the biases that they face in our country tell me why do not SUCH MEN have the courage to come out and tell in public that they have been abused? Simply because some intelligent people think that bringing such issues on the forefront (being a man )makes them less manly. Does it not ? If men are facing problems why don’t I see any man taking stand against this ? Will you still say that feminists and women stop them from coming out ? NO it’s the other Men in the same society that you are a part of. If you feel for such men help them instead of becoming their lawyer because everyone just speaks on this issue no one takes a clear stand. I am ready as a woman to support any such man who has faced abuse, biases etc, first ask them if they are ready ? (since you act as their representative all the time).

2. Rahul mehra

@ Ritu , well u have said correct but unfortunately these days neither society nor media gives that much attention to a male victim as compared to female victim & thats why crime against males are highly under rated.

3. Sam 1996

Compared to previous days , Male victims are getting more support than today such as rape and domestic violence. The problem is that the MRAs don’t do anything most people who help men are self identified feminists or gender egalatarianists. These mainstream MRAs even try to deny the crimes such as rape. Rather than fighting against abuse these men want the privilege to rape and victimise women without repurcussions. Even bigoted traditionalists can’t stand them. No sane person will listen to them and their harming more men in general,

8. Babar

“In order to raise children with equality, we must take them away from families and communally raise them.” – Dr. Mary Jo Bane, feminist and assistant professor of education at Wellesley College and associate director of the school’s Center for Research on Woman.

“Women, like men, should not have to bear children… The destruction of the biological family, never envisioned by Freud, will allow the emergence of new women and men, different from any people who have previously existed.” — Alison Jagger – Political Philosophies of Women’s Liberation: Feminism and Philosophy (Totowa, NJ: Littlefield, Adams & Co. 1977).

“No woman should be authorized to stay at home and raise her children. Society should be totally different. Women should not have that choice, precisely because if there is such a choice, too many women will make that one.” — Simone de Beauvoir, “Sex, Society, and the Female Dilemma” Saturday Review, June 14, 1975, p.18

“Marriage has existed for the benefit of men; and has been a legally sanctioned method of control over women… We must work to destroy it. The end of the institution of marriage is a necessary condition for the liberation of women. Therefore it is important for us to encourage women to leave their husbands and not to live individually with men.” -The Declaration of Feminism, November 1971.

“The nuclear family must be destroyed, and people must find better ways of living together.” – Linda Gordon, Function of the Family, Women: A Journal of Liberation, Fall, 1969.

“We can’t destroy the inequities between men and women until we destroy marriage.” – Robin Morgan, Sisterhood is Powerful, 1970, p.537.

1. 11twiggins

Yet more quotes from “feminists” who no real feminists agree with. Seriously, if you want to attack feminism, don’t give a bunch of quotes from known female supremacists.

9. Templetwins

Another byproduct of sociology with confirmation bias using her cognitive dissonance resonator claiming that men doesn’t face systematic oppression because of their gender, I mean she as a feminist owns the victim narrative, allowing men to be victims of something would take the spot light from women and she can’t allow that until they embrace feminism. Dontcha know that feminism, claiming to be an authority on the matters of equality(and using this socially perceived authority to gain further support), while not only ignoring, belittling or perpetuating pre-existing male issues but also creating their own in the process by preaching biased ideologies that are demeaning and damaging towards men(to, in all reality, simply support their own pursuit of female privileges).

The default gender roles is an issue for both men and women, in spite of that these pro women legislature often pushed by lobbying feminists puts men in a disposable role, a state of indifference. Group-think, hypocrisy and an exclusionary, adversarial approach isn’t exactly a positive way to go about change.

Feminists pretending ‘to fight the patriarchy for the benefit of men’, it is nothing but lip service. Nothing illustrates this better than their insistence on the concept of patriarchy. They hang on to it because it justifies both their lobbying for rules and institutions that actively disadvantage men and their continued demonization of everything male.

Feminists minimize male victims of domestic violence.

http://pubpages.unh.edu/~mas2/V74-gender-symmetry-with-gramham-Kevan-Method%208-.pdf

Feminist renders male victims of rape by women invisible.

http://www.genderratic.com/p/836/manufacturing-female-victimhood-and-marginalizing-vulnerable-men/
    http://www.genderratic.com/p/2798/male-disposability-mary-p-koss-and-influencing-a-government-entity-to-erase-male-victims-of-rape/
    http://www.genderratic.com/p/2943/mary-koss-the-corruption-continues-manboobz-style/

Feminist groups block or remove men’s protections against rape by female sexual predators.
    http://www.jpost.com/Israel/Womens-groups-Cancel-law-charging-women-with-rape
    http://toysoldier.wordpress.com/2013/03/06/a-sad-day-for-male-rape-victims-in-india/

Feminists protest seminars discussing men’s issues or posters bringing attention to men’s issues. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iARHCxAMAO0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_HYbk5tqoU
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxY-5ISEHPg
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dFjaMQLtMg
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Jz63_lGuSE)

Feminists also promote campaigns demonizing male sexuality. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXK0bfrvjPM

10. Babar

Women exert cruelty and callousness towards their husbands, and when Erin Pizzey tried to highlight this she became a victim of death threats Today, domestic violence against men is prevalent the world over, highly underreported, and it is rising in India. Read this article. Same goes for misandry in the media and sexism against men.

1. 11twiggins

Very true. But this is actually a round-about effect of sexism against women. Women and men are portrayed in society with a duality; men are strong and women are weak. So when we look at female victims we feel sympathy. When we look at male victims we are confused, and in some cases choose to ignore this. This is wrong and needs to be fixed, but it isn’t a case where the response is to attack feminists. Feminists do not support the domestic abuse of men. Maybe we could do more to sort it out, but you should really be getting mad at the Governments of your respected countries.
      I also see a lot of MRAs complaining about the lack of government funding for male domestic abuse centers. They fail to realise that a) almost all centers are unisex, b) the ones which aren’t are charity funded. So, men can go to a unisex care center, or MRAs can use all of their money to fund men-only centers. Instead they choose to attack feminists… why I have no idea.

11. Samarth

Its sad to see an article full of generalizations and hyperbole. You have either not researched the topic well or you’re being intentionally dishonest

“Their contention is that the traditionally suppressed groups have taken away their rights, usurped their power and ‘taken away what it means to be a man’”
    Like feminism, the MRAs are not a homogeneous movement. Many MRAs actually oppose gender roles very strongly, their contention being only that along with their privileges, men should also be freed of the onerous obligations that society had previously placed on them.

The problem really is that the feminist movement is really not very enthusiastic about addressing men’s problems. For example, feminists in India are quick to dismiss the misuse of laws created for the benefit of women, like section 498. Feminists in the US don’t think that men’s share of overall college enrollments falling to just 40% is a matter of concern (that’s their fault, they are not smart enough etc) as much as the lower participation of women in certain very specific courses like engineering (that is systemic oppression). So it is only natural that there has to be a movement separate from the feminist movement to address mens issues.

The funny thing is that some of the most well known advocates and leaders of the supposedly ‘misogynist’ MRAs happen to be women. Women MRAs like Karen Straughan and Janet Bloomfield have a cult following on youtube. This may be partly because many intelligent women are not able to tolerate the extreme political correctness and double standards in certain parts of the feminist narrative but also due to the fact that they worry they want to protect the men in their lives, their sons, broothers etc from these double standards. In India of course the proportion of female MRAs is even bigger as women centric laws like section 498 (the dowry law) have often been used to target the husband’s female relatives

12. Jackie

OMG I *love* listening to these neckbeards whine andbitch about how hard their lives are. Next they are going to call me feminazi or feminist scum and I will rejoice in knowing I am pissing off the right people. Seriously, it’s the same people replying multiple times. Of you want us to think people care and are passionately responding, you really should use different names, boys.

1. Uncensored Enlightment

Men seeking equal treatment = “backlash“
      Women seeking equal treatment = “feminism“

Discrimination against men = “equal opportunity“
      Discrimination against women = “discrimination“

A woman with grievances = “victim“
      A man with grievances = “angry“

Open discussion of gender issues = “misogyny“

Men looking for equal treatment in the courts = “abuse“

Consensual sex between a man and woman = “rape“

Heated discussion between a man and woman = “domestic violence“

Women receiving preferential treatment/privileges = “equality“

A numeric majority of the human species = “minority“

Any woman = “victim“
      Any man = “oppressor“
      Any child = “property“

A woman talking about hating men = “empowerment“
      A man talking about hating women = “hate speech“

A sexually predatory woman dressed like a hooker = “liberation“

A man with any interest in sex = “rapist“

A woman who wants to be with her children = “mother“
      A man who wants to be with his children = “abuser“

A woman who forces children under her care/authority into sex = “the child was lucky“
      A man who forces children under his care/authority into sex = “pedophile“

A shelter providing emergency services to abused women = “women’s shelter“
      A shelter providing any services to abused men = “prison“

Female genital mutilation = “sexual repression“
      Male genital mutilation = “acceptable custom that protects women from HIV“

A man assaulting a women = “(domestic) violence“
      A woman assaulting a man = “humor“

A man who beats his female partner = “batterer“
      A woman who beats her male partner = “victim“

A disposable slave = “man“

A human being = “woman“

Hating women = “a crime“
      Hating men = “‘a viable political act’“

Distorting or lying about reality = “feminist analysis“

Biology = “lies“

Reality = “discrimination“

Any power a man has = “patriarchy“
      Any power a woman has = “empowerment“

Pornography pleasing to lesbians = “erotica“
      Pornography pleasing to men = “exploitation and degradation of women“

Person who says feminists are wrong = “hate criminal“
      Woman-firster and advocator of any measure against men = “feminist“

Patriarchy = “bad“
      Matriarchy = “good“

Male leader = “backwards“
      Female leader = “improvement“

Pro-lesbianism and female, anti-male = “feminist ideology“
      Same standards, honest competition = “unfair“

Female sexuality = “nurturing“
      Male sexuality = “objectifying“

Female virgin = “pure“
      Male virgin = “pathetic“

Female modesty = “noble“
      Male modesty = “creepy“

Pandering to male audiences = “sexism“
      Pandering to female audiences = “fulfilling a niche“

Women standing up for themselves = “empowerment“
      Men standing up for themselves = “chauvinism“

Woman proud of her appearance = “confident“
      Man proud of his appearance = “vain“

Innate female advantages = “complementary“
      Innate male advantages = “sexist“

Women’s space = “safe haven“
      Men’s space = “patriarchal breeding ground“

Women discussing their issues = “ therapeutic“
      Men discussing their issues = “whining“

Female intellect = “pioneering“
      Male intellect = “masturbatory“

Man obeying a women = “respect“
      Women obeying a man = “slavery“

Men being sexually critical = “shallow“
      Women being sexually critical = “having standards“

Female rage = “indignation“
      Male rage = “insecurity“

Male abuse of power = “direct consequence of patriarchy“
      Female abuse of power = “indirect consequence of patriarchy“

Unemployed woman = “homemaker“
      Unemployed man = “loser“

Female indulgence = “happiness“
      Male indulgence = “selfishness”

2. Ysk Prerana

A man with any interest in sex= rapist.

Commendable how easily you could put that in, “uncensored enlightenment”.

3. 11twiggins

listed here; a bunch of things no feminists say. “Child under their care forced into sex” “lucky”, FFS, where have you heard this? Pedophiles of both genders are taken seriously. The problem is that parents don’t know to look out for female pedophiles. That isn’t feminism’s fault.

4. Monistaf

@Jackie we are firm in our beliefs, hence, unlike you, do not find the need to constantly change our names or identity. It also appears that your primary intent to write is to “piss off” people, probably the reason why you feel compelled to keep changing your name. As for the same people responding, it is true, because the same sort of articles keep getting published. Did they not teach you in “St. Feminazi” that stupidity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results?

13. Monistaf

So, you were surprised that there was a movement for Mens rights? Why are we all not surprised that there is a movement dedicated to womens rights? Or is it simply because men’s rights should not matter? Or do they have too many rights? Men are not victimized or marginalized? Your unwillinginess or inability to accept the truth does not alter it in any way. The MRA, contrary to your assumption does not believe men are oppressed. Here is their official statement on this often contested issue.
    “We are not claiming that men are oppressed – Likewise we do not believe that women are oppressed. Outside of specific isolated cases, if you have lived your entire life in a prosperous western democracy you have never been oppressed & likely have no conception of what true oppression is. What we ARE saying is that women are not the only gender that faces discrimination. Both men and women face discrimination and neither one is uniquely privileged or discriminated against, they are merely privileged or discriminated against in different ways. The difference is in the attention that these get. While society is quick to recognize & address the problems women face, it is highly reluctant to address the problems faced by men.” So, they have an organization to talk about it, address this and other issues related to men. What exactly is your problem with that?

Feminism on the other hand has become synonymous with man-hating. Read some of hate quotes from famous and respected voices from the feminist movement. I have summarized a few of them for you in a comment on another feminist article on YKA. Here is the link.

http://www.youthkiawaaz.com/2014/10/feminism-in-india/#comment-160003

I find it appalling that in this day and age anyone can be complicit or identify with a movement called feminism that finds solidarity and unity in its hatred towards half of humanity. Little wonder why only about 23% of women in USA consider themselves to be feminists. Check it out..

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/16/feminism-poll_n_3094917.html

and be surprised one more time!!

1. emily

here’s someone who clearly did not read the article.

i guess earning less money for the same job as a man is not oppression. disgusting when any privileged group want to keep their privileges at all costs.

2. Templetwins

Your wage gap myth is debunked a lot of times. Feminist organizations would have our society believe that there is a 23% wage gap. That is that women make 77 cents for every dollar made by males. The logical rebuttal to this is, “If business owners could get away with paying women less than men, they would hire more women to save money.” On the contrary women need affirmative action to be hired for jobs which they aren’t competent to work as hard as men do.

3. Monistaf

@emily may be you should re-read this article. The author is bewildered that a men’s movement exists to talk about men’s issues. It is not an article highlighting the oppression of women. Since you brought up the “mythical” gender wage gap, I feel compelled to respond. Have you heard about the “American Enterprise Institute”? If not, here is a brief description of what they do.

“The American Enterprise Institute is a community of scholars and supporters committed to expanding liberty, increasing individual opportunity and strengthening free enterprise. AEI pursues these unchanging ideals through independent thinking, open debate, reasoned argument, facts and the highest standards of research and exposition. Without regard for politics or prevailing fashion, we dedicate our work to a more prosperous, safer and more democratic nation and world.”

It is headed by a woman, Ms. Christina Hoff Summers, who calls herself a “Factual Feminist”. See the video in which she explains this myth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58arQIr882w

In spite of overwhelming evidence to the contrary, if you still think there is a wage gap, here is another explanation. If you look at 10 men working at the same level within an organization, they are ALL being paid at DIFFERENT rates, which means, 9 of them are being paid less for the same work. This is true in the corporate world because what you get paid depends on your level of education, experience and your ability to negotiate a fair wage. Women are equally capable in all three areas. You live in a free country, no one is forcing you to work at a job where you think you are being unfairly compensated. You either negotiate a better wage or find something else that is better. Instead, like your friend “Jackie” put it, you “Whine and bitch” about how unfair life is.

4. 11twiggins

Sommers is not a feminist. She treats Feminism the way Hannibal Lecter treats people’s faces. She attacks real feminists by serving up right-wing pro-MRA anti-feminist propaganda, using innacurate and misquoted statistics from flawed studies, and serves it up so that her supporters can say; “look, it must be true because a FEMINIST said it!”. She is the ideological equivalent of a parasite, and nothing she says can be trusted at face value. She makes a few good points about the different types of feminism and their flaws, but her so-called “Equity Feminism” is a sham.

5. 11twiggins

As for the wage gap, it is caused by many things. It isn’t simply a case of men being paid £100 and women being payed £72. It’s about a variety of factors which lead to women being payed less for the SAME job and the SAME quality of work. For example, women are payed less in many cases to justify a “pregnancy risk”. This is a genuine and unsexist way of absorbing risk in the system, as investing in a person who then disappears for 3 months is slightly risky. That is why there aren’t companies which do the old “hire all women” trick that many anti-feminist idiots talk about. Funny thing; economics isn’t so simple that you can understand it just using your own limited knowledge base!
      There are other factors obviously, such as the presumption that women will be the main carer, genuine sexism effecting the rates women get raises, and in some cases women not being aggressive enough in pursuit of raises. These are complex problems which can’t be solved overnight, and the result of all of this is what we call “The Wage Gap”.
      The best way to solve it IMO is to change paternity law. So, women take 1 month off at the end of their pregnancy to give birth. They then take a further 8 months off to raise the child. The husband, if present, then takes 8 months off to raise the child after the woman is finished, while the woman goes back to work. The husband then goes back to work when the child is 15 months old and is ready for nursery or day-care. Obviously not a flawless approach and over-simplified here, but here is legislation which would dissolve the risk around female pregnancy, and give both men and women a strong input into their child’s upbringing.

14. UC

completely egocentric, trapped inside himself, incapable of empathizing or identifying with others, or love, friendship, affection or tenderness.
    … a completely isolated unit, incapable of rapport with anyone.
    His responses are entirely visceral, not cerebral; his intelligence is a mere tool in the services of his drives and needs; he is incapable of mental passion, mental interaction; he can’t relate to anything other than his own physical sensations.
    …. trapped in a twilight zone halfway between humans and apes, and is far worse off than apes, because he is, first of all, capable of a large array of negative feelings that the apes aren’t – hate, jealousy, contempt, disgust, guilt, shame, disgrace, doubt – and, secondly, he is aware of what he is and isn’t.
    … a half-dead, unresponsive lump, incapable of giving or receiving pleasure or happiness; consequently, he is at best an utter bore, an inoffensive blob, since only those capable of absorption in others can be charming.
    (cit.)

1. Uncensored Enlightment

So that it will be found that the fundamental fault in the character of women is that they have no “sense of justice.”

This arises from their deficiency in the power of reasoning already referred to, and reflection, but is also partly due to the fact that Nature has not destined them, as the weaker sex, to be dependent on strength but on cunning; this is why they are instinctively crafty, and have an ineradicable tendency to lie.

For as lions are furnished with claws and teeth, elephants with tusks, boars with fangs, bulls with horns, and the cuttlefish with its dark, inky fluid, so Nature has provided woman for her protection and defense with the faculty of dissimulation, and all the power which Nature has given to man in the form of bodily strength and reason has been conferred on woman in this form.

Hence, dissimulation is innate in woman and almost as characteristic of the very stupid as of the clever. Accordingly, it is as natural for women to dissemble at every opportunity as it is for those animals to turn to their weapons when they are attacked; and they feel in doing so that in a certain measure they are only making use of their rights.

Therefore a woman who is perfectly truthful and does not dissemble is perhaps an impossibility. This is why they see through dissimulation in others so easily; therefore it is not advisable to attempt it with them.

From the fundamental defect that has been stated, and all that it involves, spring falseness, faithlessness, treachery, ungratefulness, and so on. In a court of justice women are more often found guilty of perjury than men. It is indeed to be generally questioned whether they should be allowed to take an oath at all.
      (cit.)

2. Gaurav

Shinjini Devbarman is a woman 🙂

15. rjj

Uh oh. You’ve attracted the MRA swarm in your comments. Look at them, trying as hard as they can to sound coherent without using their favorite words like ‘whore, bitch, cunt, slut’ etc.

Seriously; go to ‘A Voice For Men’, search the word ‘whore’ and see how many times it comes up.

Pretty hard to claim to be human rights movement when your own leaders use hate speech.

Anyone who’s curious about the real nature of the mra should go to wehuntedthemammoth.com

It will shock you.

1. samarth

The MRA is obviously not a homogeneous movement or a religious cult with a set of well defined beliefs. It looks more like a broad coalition with different shades of opinion and I am sure it will include people who are more radical and prone to hyperbole and name calling. But that is no different than feminism. There are those quotes of prominent posted here by Babar that are clear examples of hate speech. You should visit some of the popular radical feminist websites. THAT too will shock you. Would you generalize the whole feminist movement as a hate movement based on that?

2. samarth

The MRA is obviously not a homogeneous movement or a religious cult with a set of well defined beliefs. It looks more like a broad coalition with different shades of opinion and I am sure it will include people who are more radical and prone to hyperbole and name calling. But that is no different than feminism. There are those quotes of prominent feminists posted here by Babar that are clear examples of hate speech. You should visit some of the popular radical feminist websites. THAT too will shock you. Would you generalize the whole feminist movement as a hate movement based on that?

16. rjj

Also, when will these guys get over Valerie Solanas? She wasn’t a feminist, she was an actual sociopath who just happened to write a book that very few people have read AND she’s been dead for decades.

It really shows how little discrimination mras get from feminists when they keep flogging this literally dead horse.

1. Templetwins

Valerie Solanas is a feminist icon whether she’s dead or alive. They claim her book is just satire but she has many followers. For example, A radical feminist conference named after Solanas’s manifesto for genocide was held between September 23-25th, 2011. Two members of the Radfem Hub and Radfem forum, Danielle Elina Pynnonen and her partner, Kat Kitten Pinder organized and hosted the three day event which they called the ‘SCUM Conference’. They billed it as “THRILL SEEKING FEMALES UNITE! Life in this society being, at best, an utter bore, this THREE DAY RADICAL FEMINIST CONFERENCE is for civic-minded, responsible, thrill-seeking females who want to overthrow the government, eliminate the money system, institute complete automation and destroy the male sex”.

Danielle Elina is a child care worker who labeled a 9 yr old boy as Mr. Rape threat. Quoting her comments, ‘I honestly have been reassessing the fact that I am giving care to these little future rapists, and what that says about me and my separatism. I know it is kinda going against my principles to support and care for these little fuckers’.

When you manage to take your head out of the sand and look around, you could perhaps come out of your ignorance but in your case I doubt otherwise, you would rather be intellectually dishonest, so you can get a pat from your feminist friends.

17. Dark Knight

Women are a fluctuating stream of emotion. Their decisions evade logic, their choices arbitrary and their arguments are based on emotion rather than reason

18. Aditya Malpani

When I have to choose between freedom of speech and feminism…I would choose former.

Now see feminists opposing the MRA movement…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2KPeMcYsuc

19. Babar

The MRA is a breeding ground for misogyny, a case of reverse sexism.

Men asking for their rights is indeed misogyny. And the fact that you use the term ‘reverse sexism’ shows your inherent sexism and hypocrisy, because you are implying that sexism can only be against women.

20. lhf

It’s true that men face problems. It’s also true that we’re not taken as seriously by the media, the justice delivery system, the society. It owes a lot to the horrendously toxic gender roles which prevent men from being anything other than heroic “sole breadwinners” and bullies, who if express emotions, will be charged with being sensitive pussies who need to “man up”.
    But what has the MRA movement (if it can be called that) achieved for men? What rights have we gained? How are our lives in any way better because of the MRA?
    Initially, I got quite interested in the idea of men’s rights, but then I found these forums to be barely more than regressive bigoted hate-spewing platforms against feminism and women with spines. That’s it. That’s all they are.
    Ironically, feminism is evolving to spread the ideas of toxic gender roles and patriarchy to more and more people, yet all MRA has for feminism is vitriol.
    While MRA has pointed out the problems men face, feminism has identified their cause- patriarchal gender roles. Feminists don’t want a matriarchal society- strangely, only people who feel threatened by it or don’t understand it say so.
    Of course feminism is not a homogeneous movement, and I condemn and dissociate myself from the part that’s toxic. I wish I could say something similar about MRA, but I haven’t found much to pat their backs for. Thanks for making all men look bad, I guess.
    This inherent difference between the two is what made my choice easier- for all its faults, feminism is trying to overcome those, and make the world better for people of all genders and races, it’s not regressive like the MRA which would love to see women conform to gender roles and stereotypes that go back to the 18th century.

Also, what’s up with MGTOW? Why do you think female separatists weren’t taken seriously? And even if for a second we can think we can sustain without women, and should banish them from our lived and minds, why then is the MGTOW site full of silly and degrading descriptions of women- the very sex they’re so desperate to get away from?
    Grow up.

1. KMA

Gender roles must’ve changed with changing times but the gender roles are so rigid it caused problems for both men and women. Feminism by being the monopoly on gender issues removed women from the burdens of gender roles yet pushed/retained men in the gender roles which in fact cause more problems for men. So MRA must fight both patriarchy ie traditionalism and feminism in order to achieve equality.

We have pussy pandering politicians like Nobama who runs a campaign such as ‘war on women’ and introduce VAWA which is pushed by lobbying feminists (NOW) which discriminates men. So MRAs have to tackle one(feminism, then traditionlism) issues at a time, now that women shelters aren’t receiving funds if they don’t identify men as victims which is a victory for MRA campaign. The whole idea of ‘women at the expense of men’ must die, for all of us to be equal.

MGTOWS evolved from sex separatists & PUA blogs, where PUA explores the female nature, psychology and exploits it for sexual pleasure, MGTOWS explores the female nature in order to avoid exploitation. MGTOWS aren’t sex separatists, some of them have regular sex, some of the choose escort services, some of them choose to be celibates but the common thing is that they avoid marriage. They question the notion of love, beauty, female narsissm, hypergamy, gynocentrism, male mother need, rapalicious female void, marriage, traditionalism, freedom etc. If you are going to ask men to stay away from women, you have to give them good enough reason, hence you see the harsh truth of female narcissism which is encouraged in our culture.

2. Sasha

> But what has the MRA movement (if it can be called that) achieved for men?

I might ask: what has feminism achieved for women in the last 30 years? Other than attempt to make them too afraid to step outside the house…

And to answer your question directly: there has been a tremendous amount of light shown on these male specific gender issues in the last 24 months, and that is the first step towards changing anything.

3. 11twiggins

MRA is all bark and no bite. I have seen zero real world changes due to MRA in the past year. Due to feminism, I have seen two new laws in the UK, a new domestic abuse center funded, a new online charity for victims of online abuse set up, and on top of that issues being made more publicly aware.
      MRAs on the other hand have only achieved public awareness, but this isn’t even as good. They are not very well known (people I know only know about MRA in that I had to ask them if they had heard of them, and they hadn’t) and people who do hear of them are quite likely to dislike them due to all of the crazy stuff that comes out of MRA; “bitches are begging to be raped” Paul Elam, for example. This means that MRA has more notoriety than fame at this point, and that DEVALUES male gender issues as it poisons the well. Any sensible person who wants equality for men will never support MRA.

21. WhoTheHell_Cares

Feminism is a Socially Transmitted Dysfunction.

Be Egalitarian, seek and promote justice, equity and freedom for all.

22. Doug Dante

You wrote: “Of course there are certain aspects to the MRA that are legitimate, but ..”

A recent study from India found that Indian boys are as likely as girls to be victims of sexual abuse, but boys are offered almost no protection:
    “Child sexual abuse, which has become a public health issue, has a girl victim in most cases while studies indicate that boys are equally or even more at risk of being abused.

“A study conducted last year on Kerala society and published in the Academic Medical Journal of India in February 2014 tells the same story as the study published by the Union Ministry of Women and Child Development in 2007.

“However, there are few steps taken to protect boys in the vulnerable age who unwittingly become victims for sheer lack of protection. Dr. Arun B. Nair, Department of Psychiatry and Dr. Devika J., Department of Physiology, Government Medical College, Thiruvananthapuram, found that in a sample of 1,000 children of 13-16 years (512 boys and 488 girls), 38.67 per cent boys against 37.7 per cent girls reported sexual abuse at some point in their life.”
    Sexual abuse of boys goes under-reported SHYAMA RAJAGOPAL

The US State Department Report on Human Trafficking for 2014 also fails to recognize boys as a group vulnerable to sex trafficking, focusing almost exclusively on girls, and fails to make recommendations to India to better protect boys.

Pursuant to the treaty obligations of the United Nations, United States, and India under the Protocol to Prevent, Suppress and Punish Trafficking in Persons, especially Women and Children, these entities have failed to recognize that both boys and girls who are victims of abuse or trafficking deserve equal protection.

I have urged them to respect their obligation to “protect and assist victims of such trafficking, with full respect to their human rights”, especially by protecting and assisting these boys.

One is too many. Every child deserves protection.

If you would like to join me, please see “Tell India to Stop Ignoring Boys Who are Sexually Abused or Sex Trafficked” in reddit’s mractivism forum.

If you would like to learn more, please see the reddit men’s rights FAQ.

23. Sasha

> my first reaction was – Is it actually a thing? Apparently, it is.

This is exactly why the MRA is such a vital social movement right now. because the very idea that there are male specific issues shocks and confounds people. The awareness of male specific issues in the general population is near zero.

> they hate women, especially feminists.

MRAs generally hate western feminists, yes, but not women. Male feminists are scorned too. Feminism is seen as a divisive ideology based on fundamentally untrue assumptions about society and human nature. But it’s the set of ideas that’s scorned, not the holders.

I would argue that many MRAs hold better views of women than Feminists do: feminists seem to believe that women are weak, delicate, in need of constant protection in all places, incapable of the agency or responsibility to drink and maintain self-control. MRAs think women are strong enough to defend themselves, and should be encouraged to do so instead of hoping that they will be protected by others at all times.

24. Dude

Men are the majority of suicides, majority of war deaths, majority of the homeless and unemployed, have less access to healthcare hence live ten years less than women on average, are subject to harsher punishments than women for the same crimes, also suffer from rape and DV but are not given support or protection under the law, are subject to mandatory conscription, biased family courts which thrown unemployed men in jail for not paying alimony, are subject to mandatory arrest laws, are subject to no evidence laws, even when innocent and are now a minority in college education. Yes it’s the mens fault they ended up this way. But do women actually care about men as a gender? No. Yet there are hundreds of men out there fighting for “women’s rights” when men actually have less “rights” as such. You have no right to talk about “misogyny” when every prominent feminist over the decades have advocated bigotry and hatred towards men. Till all this shit starts changing I don’t give a flying fuck about “women’s issues.”

1. Dude

Ps I’m not an MRA. I’m just aware that misandry is actually a thing. most of y’all are not.

25. Saravanan

First and foremost, right thinking men should understand that there is some undue force exerted by the society (patriarchal) on women. But that is do more with the “men of the past” who caused, that reflects on the “contemporary men” who reflects. Therefore both the gender must realize that it isn’t a war of gender but a social issue that needs to be addressed by bringing in more awareness and consensus between both in the cases of Marriage, family, polity and the day to day business of life. That requires a careful analysis of the gender based bias persistent in the society and crafting solutions to wade them off. A mere allegation at each other won’t save much. Women and Men! Put up a good fight and not stunts!
    Saravanan
    A male by chance.

26. Vanshika

Also, feminism deals with the gap between men and women and what their traditional roles are. Feminism preaches equality so that men don’t have to have the pressures of being the “men of their houses” and what not, and women don’t have to become unpaid caretakers and suffer other injustices. MRA, or as they like to call themselves (only to mock feminists), Meninists don’t actually do anything to solve the problems they keep cribbing about, All they want to do, is blatantly hate on feminism online, where they don’t have to suffer any backlash.

27. Doug

I’m a man, and I hate MRAs. They have got to be the biggest cryers and whiners on the face of the earth. The saddest part is our society will never take the men’s issues seriously while these assholes are butthurt about women getting the rights they have deserved all along.

28. Dean Esmay

Rather stunningly ill-informed piece here. No surprise, when people just run with their prejudices instead of talking to people. Oh well, people will believe what they want I guess.

29. Sriram

Wanted to elaborate on a couple of things in this article. The author brings up the following,

“racist and xenophobic attacks on men”
    “supporting male victims of sexual harassment”

Well, I’m glad at least these issues have been brought up. Apparently most victims of racial/xenophobic attacks (I mean real physical attacks, not the occasional slurs and the stink eyes) are MEN which includes the whole freaking globe (including the so called civilized West) . Has anybody ever wondered why? Here’s my hypothesis on it. Women and females in general are protected under this “BIG Umbrella term of female sexual harrasment” irrespective of the instigating cause. And its effect is so profound that it could even protray females as victims where in reality they happen to be the abusers/perpetrators of crime. Now the reason behind this being lack of GENDER-NEUTRAL Laws. Who makes these laws ? You guessed it right, a group of fucked up MEN and some women. Those men I just referred to are basically MANGINAS, they don’t treat women equal in a true sense. Real equality will be achieved when women start taking up dangerous jobs such as mining, dying in the battlefields along with their male counterparts, taking up jobs like butchery, sewer cleaning along with the usual office jobs. Let me be honest here, just because you are female you don’t deserve respect by default, RESPECT IS EARNED not granted, the same goes for men, gays, transexuals etc… . My 2 cents on the MRA being, its a GOOD START and as the author pointed out, instead of vilifying feminists they should focus on the real people, who make these discriminatory laws. Why don’t we even get rid of all this Feminism/Masculinism Bull shit and just fall back to some thing called “HUMAN RIGHTS”. After all everyone’s fighting for equality (NOT Privileges, I guess).

30. ItsJustMe

It is called mens rights activists. They promote mens rights. They do not promote hatred to women, but just like feminists do to MRAs, they also try expose hypocrisy in feminism, which I am afraid runs too deep in every feminist’s mind. When mens rights activists talk about gender biased laws like dowry and rape, why can’t feminists at the very least accept that these laws are outdated and gender biased? Why is alimony still a man’s burden in India even if the woman involved earns more and is completely able to take care of herself? Isn’t that what defines a strong and independent women? Shouldn’t feminism promote women not depending on her ex husband for a living? Why are feminists so sensitive when it comes taking away privileges of being a woman, but they actively seek out ways to remove any privilege a man enjoys? When a website like YKA, in which topics from saying happy burthday to celebrities with truly awful acting skills to child labor and its horrors as faced in India are published, decides to run a piece about MRAs why do they have been painted with the such negative overtones. At least try to be neutral and informative and let the people decide. This is an opinion piece. I mean the author is of course blinded by her radically feminist brain which does not know basics of reasoning or logic, but how come the editors could not think of getting one article addressing any of the issues I stated above, which by the way are recognized even by the courts. Makes me wonder in general is YKA threatened by MRAs? Are feminists lobbyists so threatened by this movement? With complete lack of research and oozing biased opinions this article certainly stands out even in the garbage can it belongs to and it smells bad too. And the writing style, seriously? Does the author have any kind of experience in writing articles or did she just decide to vent out her man hate through this piece? Shinjini Devbarman – read some quality articles and understand the difference between writing and ranting. Because as far as writers in YKA goes, you do not belong in that list

31. ItsJustMe

Here is my response to criticism of MRAs
    “You guys are angry at feminists, get over it”
    Anger is a legitimate emotion in the face of injustice. It is important to remember that passive acceptance of evil is not a virtue.
    “You guys don’t have it as nearly as bad as us women!”
    Do we have to address men’s issues? If your answer is yes, then you have my response to that criticism. If your answer is no then I have nothing to say to you. If you dont know what is to be done about men’s issues, then step aside and let people who know what is to done, do their job
    “You guys are anti feminists.”
    Truth is not necessarily what the majority subscribes to. Other such examples include Atheists, humanists, revolutionaries. The world was changed for the better by the people who thought out of the box and differently from mainstream line of thought. I am happy to be part of that group. Please feel free to be in your comfort zone and follow the crowd. But please dont block my path.
    “That’s a sexist stereotype!”
    No its not. As you know feminists comes from both gender. I can call feminism a sexist movement, because they claim to be gender neutral, however they only advocate women’s right. Hence the need for MRA

“You want to roll back the rights of women!!”
    how does a pro-male agenda become inherently anti-female? (especially since feminists often claim that gains for men and women are “not a zero-sum game”) Also just like feminism, MRAs include a lot of women. You seriously believe women would stand for a movement aiming to take away their rights?

32. ItsJustMe

Take the simple example of female genital mutilation and the bias becomes so clear.
    In Western coutries including USA and UK, it is very rare for a man to have foreskin. Which means majority of males have mutilated genitals. However what made news and what feminists still focus on is not the majority. They choose to look at countries where female genital mutilation is practised. What is even more appalling is that it is obvious that men are also mutilated as kids based on the same religious practise in these coutries and even in India. And nobody gives a rats ass. And when we try to bring this up and talk with feminists to work with us and lets start a campaign for both genders against genital mutilation (Not only female genital mutilation), and we invited them to the meeting. The speakers were was heckled by theiir representatives, some feminists brought loudspeakers to disrupt people talking about how there no medical or sexual benefits to genital mutilation. We had to call the police, but by the time they arrived all of them cleared out of the hall. That is how low feminists are ready to stoop , just to act against MRAs.

33. Ashish

Totally agree with you, buddy. Can we connect? I'd like to be friends with you. My email is gaymaleyouth@gmail.com. Hit me up..

34. Donald

You can’t be afraid of losing privileges you don’t believe exist.

35. Abhilash

What a load of bullshits. Whatever I have seen in Internet is whiny feminists that claim men are rapists all the time.
    But real fact in India is fake rape cases outnumber real cases. 71% of the rape cases were false as per Government of India (see NCRB website for details).

Prominent MRAs in India are women itself, when these women helps men, feminist turds gets butthurt and abuses everybody.
    This write-up is one of it.

36. nilesh

After going through few lines of the article,its clearly evident that the author is not familiar to the ground reality of female empowerment in India.She has gathered her knowledge from youtube videos of AMERICAN model of 3rd wave feminism(which is clearly a power struggle between sexes).She is young and naive college student inspiring to stand for so called women rights.She doesnot understands how feminism works here in India and why MRA came into exiestence.Women in west already have all the power and are now struggling for superiority.These young naive so called feminists do not understand feminism and think that being able to smoke a cig on public places or coming late from parties or wearing short dresses or having sex before the marriage or after the marriage etc is women empowerment.And as for MRAs,they came into existence due to blatant misuse of dowry law 498a by educated city women to extort money from their husband’s families.It is no secret that 75 percent of reported rape claims are false while the legitimate rape cases of rural women are never reported due to fear an helplessness of poverty.A women raped in delhi is made an icon of fearlessness and named nirbhaya while the very next day the deadbody of an eleven year old girl child raped and mutilated is found lying in a feild near a remote village and it barely makes to a small corner of any prominent news daily.Such is the hypocrisy of modern feminists.Dare to criticise them,and they will label you a misogynist.

1. arjun kamboj

So true.. i wanted to write the same but found your reply as befitting reply to this article. These school going little girls just have the access to the internet and their so called “patriarchy” to blame on, for literally each and every failure of their life. I have noticed as these little girls grows up , they distances themselves from this feminist agendas.

37. arjun kamboj

Hahaha.. after kapil sharma show ended. These article’s of indian feminists, some random girl who badly wants to be or imagines herself , a western women, never fails to give you a good laugh. Good joke’s though.

By Bhaskar Choudhary

By Devyani Rabindranath

By Ungender Legal Advisory