This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Mayank Jain. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

9 Photos That Showcase Modi’s Other U.S Welcome That The Media Didn’t Show You

More from Mayank Jain

By Mayank Jain:

True to his vein, Narendra Modi makes waves wherever he goes. His much debated, covered, and hugely revered visit to the United States of America was again the same. Videos emerging from Madison Square and the places he visited show hordes of people chanting his popular nickname NaMo while he waves hands and accepts the popularity. His stint with Hugh Jackman on the stage where he quoted Star Wars, transformed him into a demi god of sorts with the kind of cheers that he received.

But, not everyone is happy with Modi’s visit to the USA.

The other side of the fame, popularity and adulation that the Indian Prime Minister has managed to build for himself is not all golden. After being denied a visa to USA just a few months before he took up the throne as the ‘prime servant’ of the country, Modi’s criticism has flared up too and gained momentum.

The streets were filled with protestors demanding justice for his alleged involvement in Godhra riots of 2002 and other human rights violations that he has been charged with. Though he was given a clean chit by Supreme Court, the anguish still remains. The same was reflected in the banners and the slogans of people who lined up to protest.

With Modi’s supporters present there at every moment, things took ugly turns at times too. People critical about him were punished severely by the mob of supporters as they drowned every voice in the constant chanting of nationalist slogans. The controversy about Rajdeep Sardesai’s face off with Modi’s supporters also took place during the same visit. While we debate about the facts and happenings, it is safe to assume that not everyone loves Modi and might do well if we don’t drown the criticism but embrace the rational, constructive part of it.

These pictures, sent to us by @radicaldesi reflect the other side of the glorified visit to USA, which is a tad less fandom than what it is being projected to be.

modi1

modi2

modi3

modi4

modi5

modi6

modi7

modi8

modi9

Thanks to @radicaldesi for the photos.

1. Pawan

So basically they are blaming Modi for the 1984 Sikh riots. I thought Indira Gandhi was behind that. OMG, such lies I have been taught. Thanks to my American brothers for enlightening this fact for me.
    Also thank you for telling me how Modi is responsible for all the terrorism in Kashmir. How he trains and then sends Jihadis to cause rampage in the region and how he is the hidden supporter of Lashkar-e-Tayyaba.
    These facts are so important that the whole world needs to be told about them. I am sure someone will figure out quite soon how Modi was also behind the 9/11 attacks and his US Visa will again be revoked. It is much needed, yes.

1. Anand

You clearly have great logic- Sikhs protesting = protesting for 1984 riots. Why can’t Sikhs or even for that matter, Hindus protest against the Muslim riots? It doesn’t mean they are Muslims- they are simply against injustice.

And the poster you are drawing these conclusions from basically says “India’s killing fields: Punjab, Gujarat…” and so on. It says nothing about Modi. They just want to highlight how “tolerant” India (or rather, the politicians) really has been to its minorities.

2. Pawan

LOL. No. Contrary to what this article suggests, these protests were covered widely in the media. Not Indian media maybe, but open up any half respectable news site and you’ll find reports of this.
      And I’m not basing my assumption on the pictures in this article. There were clear placards saying, “TRY MODI FOR THE SIKH MASSACRE” and so on and so forth. You’ll find videos on YouTube if you look.

And my comment was something called “sarcasm”. If you didnt get it first time.

3. Ajay

@Anand: First of all, you are wrong. They are protesting against Modi. And what for? Only their logical heads and maybe yours can understand! The so called anti hindutva brigade (supposedly the minority supporters) are so much being his back that even the supreme court order is not respected. And yes, you think you look cool when you say what is wrong in hindus participating in such protests but then the very you will be ashamed to say “I’m proud to be a hindu”! Blatant hypocrisy

4. Suresh

As a person from Chennai who has seen chappals being hurled into Hindu idols (Ganesh Chathurthi) I am very well aware of how tolerant india has been to it’s minorities.

5. alex

I dont think they are protesting because they blame Modi for 1984 Riots. They are protesting for Godhra 2002 riots. Infact BJP supported sikhs during 1984 Riots . And You are exaggerating.

6. Pawan

I’m not exaggerating. I’m being sarcastic.

7. Chris

Many missionary funds have dried or have been restrained in Gujarat’s Dangs district. They were worse affected with the NGO ( FCRA) reviews that followed once BJP came to power……. IT was bound to happen… many of these protesting NGO’s fund these kind of RENt- a Cause protesters who carry a placard and dont know if you question them a little more…….

Alex, I’m also a christian , but i dont believe in this number game. We should spread god’s word, but not run like hwo hte evangelicals do in some african or poor country …..Plus of course, what Pakistani’s cant do directly, they are funding Indian NGO crowd to keep up the anti- India rhetoric….for them Modi coming over in power is a god given opportunity to talk about the anti- uslim, anti- christian story……

8. Rohit

LOL mate ! You missed ISIS !

9. Ajay

@Pavan: Spot on mate! Beats me when I saw sikhs protesting against Modi.. What exactly for?

2. Nikhil Karje

I just wish people would stop hating. I am Not a blind fan of Modi but sure am optimistic about his ideas. It would serve better if media abandons all political agendas and contribute towards brighter future.

3. Lucky Thakur

I don’t see any protest against terrorism or terrorist in Kashmir, Nagaland or anywhere in India.

4. Nikhil Sheth

Is it just me or is anyone else noticing how the Indian mainstream media’s glorification of Modi is so much resembling the German mainstream media’s glorification of Hitler, the American mainstream media’s glorification of Obama, and so forth?
    When will Indians realize that they cannot fool themselves out of the brutal lessons of history : No nation, no people in all of human history have ever emerged happier after treating their main leader as the Saviour who will set everything right.

1. Geet George

Thank you. Finally, I found the words to my feelings.

5. Prassoon Suryadas

Dogs barking at the moon is a common phenomenon across the globe….

6. derme

is this a fake news or true

7. PK

When the highest court of your country gives you a clean chit then is it not sensible enough to atleast respect that decision. Rajdeep Sardesai used abusive language to a fan of Modi, is that expected from a respected journalist, how can you justify actions of that person, its fine that there are millions in India who oppose Modi, so has Modi put them in jail or what like Hitler??Comparing Modi to a fascist shows what level of retard you are, grow up and think before posting bullshit

8. pk

Wow which moron has posted this shit, when the highest court of your country gives you a clean chit then is it not sensible enough to atleast respect that decision. Rajdeep Sardesai used abusive language to a fan of Modi, is that expected from a respected journalist, how can you justify actions of that person, its fine that there are millions in India who oppose Modi, so has Modi put them in jail or what like Hitler??Comparing Modi to a fascist shows what level of retard you are, grow up and think before posting bullshit

9. Shreya

Why do the placards say “Fight Hindutva”? Who gave them the right to disrespect a symbol which is so sanctimonious for people of a certain religion? What is wrong with being a Hindu? Why is the anti-Hindu brigade so bent on making Hindus so apologetic about being one? These pseudo-secularists think Hindu-bashing is the new cool and makes them seem like liberals. How can they be so naive to not understand that such pseudo-secularism does nothing for the country apart from just widening the divide among different communities?

10. Aman

Lady in red dress with tattoo on her hand is hawt 😛 good one

11. Jagan

Now I see how secular people are while going through the comments..!! One guy wants to prove his wit in a series of comments that he’s a creative master and his stand should be the fact, no matter what the conclusions ‘ve been drawn out of, be it just a pic showing a Sikh or media covering NA MO chants ONLY in INDIA..!! I don’t get it if it’s fine if Indian media is projecting a made up message. Few people are so PIOUS to their own religion that they want to do a FAVOUR of sprinkling their ideologies to people who don’t belong to their SACRED RELIGION. One guy feels, people fighting for some cause should be the victims of the event or belong to the place where the event took place.

Way to go Mr. PM.. You have won the hearts of the INTELLECTUALS!!

12. aanya

We should spread god’s word, but not run like hwo hte evangelicals do in some african or poor country.

13. aanya

We ought to spread god’s word, however, not run such as hwo hte evangelicals fatigue some africa or bad country.

More from Mayank Jain

By Uday Che

By Aditya Sharma

By Prof D D Misra