This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Bala Sai Kiran. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

This Brutally Honest Video Says Exactly What People Across The Indo-Pak Border Need To Hear

More from Bala Sai Kiran

By Bala Sai:

“The family became two homes. Brothers became strangers. And ‘we’ became you and me. Our future need not be our past repeating itself. Right now can be the start of a world where conflicts are resolved by words and not weapons.”

A powerful message, and a moving narration. The latest in the line of insightful videos by Ram Subramaniam’s Handloom Picture Company, ‘Pause’, tackles an issue dear to the people of two countries, an issue that has been hiding like a thorn in our hearts – the Indo-Pak rivalry. Ever since partition, we have been trained to loathe each other, and consider each other mortal enemies. This video shows you the real voice of the people, a people who have no reason to hate each other. This is a call to the brothers across the border, to open our ears, to reach beyond the din of rhetoric and hate manufactured by netas and diplomats, and listen to each other, as neighbors, as friends, and as brothers.

It has been 67 years. The wall between us has weathered and hardened, and layers of dust have accumulated. Several times over the years, gusts of differences, enmity, terrorism, political motivations, have all tried to slam the door shut, jam it close. But there has always been a faint, flickering hope, holding the door ajar, for a mild breeze to creep in. This video plants a seed of hope, an intent to bring neighbors closer, to understand each other, to share our reflected lives and to “break the old wall, brick by brick”.

Peace and unity are not just the government’s business. We need to brush aside our pasts and open our minds, to accept each other. There is no entity stronger than the will of the people. Isn’t it time we started listening?

1. balayogi

I am forwarding a speech by Maroof Raza at the Think Literature 2014 event in Bhubaneshwar. Anyone who wants to understand India’s relations with Pakistan in a short time must see this 34 minute video.

A superb lecture which no one should miss however busy he is. The link is given below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttLOaioXIQs

Regards,

Brigadier V Mahalingam

Please visit “Think Literature 2013 Maroof Raza – Think Literature 2013 – Full Speech “

2. Gaurav

it is a good video but it ignores the ground realities, it is idealistic and not realistic. problems are not sorted by being idealistic.
    brushing issues under the carpet will not help anyone.

3. Aravind Get

I had fought for my home
    I had fought for my street
    I had fought for my state
    And now they ask me to fought for your country
    When i am going to fought for my world, is during alien attack ( alien should exits at-least for our unity…………. )

4. Gaurav

There is nothing wrong in the growing violence between india and pakistan. by justifying violence by pakistan the indians are only confirming the need for violence and the need for violence and clamour for death will grow. it is time for humans to suffer and no matter what they do, war is coming upon us, trying to force morals down each others throat will have no effect on those who have suffered in silence for so long. get real and get ready the shakeout.

More from Bala Sai Kiran

By Sakshi Kotwal

By Hardik Lashkari

By Shreya Biswas