This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Dhruv Arora. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

3 Shocking Statements That Show How The Police Trivialises Sexual Violence!

More from Dhruv Arora

Curated by Dhruv Arora for Amnesty International India:

vaw5

Can women expect the criminal justice system to support them through the process of registering reports of sexual violence? Join the conversation at #readytoreport

vaw3

How can the attitude of ‘it’s her fault’ be overcome to ensure safer and more dignified reporting? Join the conversation at #readytoreport

vaw4

What are the reasons why women choose not to report sexual violence to the police? Join the conversation at #readytoreport

But, there is still hope!

vaw2_c

How can the police provide for a safer and more comfortable environment for reporting sexual violence? Join the conversation at #readytoreport

Amnesty International India has launched ReadyToReport.in, an effort to ensure that women who choose to report sexual violence can do so safely, with dignity and without facing prejudice.

1. Babar

You cannot overlook the fact that women are careless when it comes to safety issues. When many parents don’t allow boys to be out after around 10 PM, then by what stretch of imagination are girls out late at night. Women also rape men. Marriage is the rape of a man’s bank account. And lets also shed some light on the ever increasing number of false cases of rape, which are the rape of an innocent man’s dignity, honour, family, career and life.

False rape cases on the rise

Delhi Commission for Women concerned with rise of false rape charges

Be vigilant against false rape cases

Men Who Face False Rape Charges!

False cases behind Delhi’s tag of rape capital

Girls caught with lovers file rape case after being caught

Tougher rape law leading to increase in false cases?

1. Panda

You do realize what you’re doing is perpetuating a concept known as victim shaming right? NO ONE deserves to be subjected to that heinous, vicious and devastating crime known as rape. NO ONE. No matter how late they’re out, what they’re wearing, where they are etc etc.
      “women are careless when it comes to safety issues.” Grow a second brain cell and start realizing that there is something fundamentally wrong with your thought process, that we as a society should start teaching men not to rape instead of teaching women not to get raped.

“Marriage is the rape of a man’s bank account. ”
      HOW DARE YOU compare something as brutal and violent as rape to something trivial just to make a point. HOW DARE YOU.
      On one hand, you post on numerous articles about how women who work tend to neglect their children only for the sake of a few measly pennies (I’m quoting you verbatim). Assuming they pander to your crap and decide to stay at home instead of working, then if not from their working husband’s bank account, then from WHERE are they supposed to get the money to run the household?

2. Babar

I am against rape which is why I am advocating women’s safety, but I can’t say the same about you. Also, please tell me why working women spend their husband’s money? And what exactly is ‘trivial’? The fact that hundreds of thousands of innocent Indian men are fighting legal battles and rot in Indian jails over false claims of dowry and rape made by women for money and/or to settle personal agenda? Or the fact that many women get married with the intention to break the marriage so that they can get half of their husband’s property after a divorce?

I should have remembered. Only women are human beings.

3. Sambhavi

You’re simply wasting your time replying to his ideology based nonsense.

4. xyz

no offence but how many women turned you down before you became the hater you are now? Did a cruel, insensitive woman make fun of your appearance, personality or sexual competency before you started bashing the female gender on every possible post on this website?

5. Babar

Your language and tone is typical of feminists, who start abusing once anyone starts talking about the suffering of men in India. Don’t worry, I will not fall down to your level. Have a good day.

2. Babar

Even if I believe that exaggerated statistic that a woman in India is raped every 20 minutes, it would mean that around 26,000 women are raped in a country of over 1.2 billion people. That means India has one of the lowest rapes in the world.

1. Panda

Of the countries studied by Maplecroft on sex trafficking and crime against minors, India was ranked 7th worst.

Adjusted for population growth over time, the annual rape rate in India has increased from 1.9 to 2.0 per 100,000 people over 2008-2012 period. This compares to a reported rape rate of 1.2 per 100,000 in Japan.

The above statistic is not exaggerated. In fact, a large number of rape cases go unreported, making the tally significantly higher.
      http://www.wonderslist.com/10-countries-highest-rape-crime/
      http://www.firstpost.com/india/a-rape-every-22-mins-what-makes-us-so-complacent-489080.html
      http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2014/05/30/indias-culture-of-gang-rape-and-the-failure-to-stop-it/
      http://edition.cnn.com/2013/09/13/world/asia/india-gang-rape-sentence/
      http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/india-gang-rapes-sexual-violence-role-police-culture-tolerance-14

Your mere statistics justifying rape as something that doesn’t happen in our country often mean NOTHING to actual victims who have suffered that terrifying ordeal. Do you think telling them “Don’t worry, India has one of the lowest rapes in the world.” (a LIE) is going to easy their pain? Make their transition back into society easier?
      The article is about trivializing rape, something you seem to be doing. Take a good, hard look at your actions.

2. Babar

If you think I am justifying rape, you are a liar and a slanderer – just like your feminist counterparts – or it is a tactic to silence anyone who talks about men’s rights. As for the bogus statistics concerning rape by your U.S. masters, it is only to defame India on the international scale. Just as the U.S. comes up with exaggerated crime statistics about other countries but fails to look in its own backyard. It is ironic that an imperialistic state like the U.S. is concerned about the welfare of other countries, since the U.S. thrives on human suffering.

3. Sambhavi

So rape is justified, if one goes by your views.

4. Babar

Rape can never be justified.

5. Ritu Sharma

Are you out of your mind or something? What statistics ? To hell with your statistics man, look at your language “That means India has one of the lowest rapes in the world ?” Oh sorry did I called u a MAN ? my bad!! Sorry m scared of your verbal statistics!! oh no !! Now u will call me a feminist. AWW!! get a life !! PEOPLE like you have no right to be given any gender specifications because you will end up insulting everyone!!
      Enough of slap sticks, let me come to the point, Just as you expect women to complaint against rape, molestation etc, WE expect even men to do that if they go through the same. You say women rape too why don’t those men come forward and report the same? How will you advocate that ? And when you find the answer for that , please clap your hands aloud on your face not because of the fact that you made such a derogatory statement but also because you would have crossed the stage of enlightenment by then; and would understand a simple fact that how difficult it is for a man/woman to report such cases. You have the audacity to advocate this discussion and compare it with how women use their husbands ?
      Asusual I DON’T EXPECT ANY ANSWER FROM YOU.

3. Babar

The western media likes to disintegrate the image of other countries, which is why they label other countries rape capitals while they fail to look in their own backward. An imperialistic U.S. is the rape capital of the world.

As for the Badaun outrage, it was a case of honour killing, not rape.

DNA report says Badaun victims were not raped

4. Dimple

sexual violence in marriage is also a huge issue. Women are basically treated as possessions to be transfered from one male to another who takes charge n makes all her decisions.
    This does not arise from religion. Its a ritual practised in times when women needed protection, now under the same custom women are oppressed. These customs like kaniyadaan need to be stoppedby our current religious heads, we need to give equal respect to a women in rituals

1. Babar

Women perpetrate sexual violence in marriages, where they are free to withhold sex as per their will, while they force tired husbands to have sex with them. Women treat men like dogs in marriages, order them and tell them what to do, and women want men to seek their permission for everything. If a man forgets to tell his wife something even as small as inviting someone to his house, it will be another World War.

2. Panda

Do you have any proof of that?

3. Fem

Gosh! You are funny 😀

4. Ysk Prerana

Hey Babar, I think you’re a radical feminist. Fighting for gender equality and all, and not (just) women. Great going, you!

Also, you’re a sleazebag who thinks he knows the world about gender justice and violence against men, but guess what? You’re just a sleazebag. Not the rest of it.

May you keep living in your bubble. And hey, go ahead and tag me a feminist because I called you a sleazebag. I want to be your kind anyway.

5. Aditya

And the men in India are treated just like “Kolu Ka Bail”, a beast of burden right from an early age he has been taught to sacrffice his sleep, feeling of tiredness just for the the provision and supposed welfare of others in his community(mostly the women and children).Getting married is the forces him to take up a lifetime of service for his wife who by her taunts, unreasonable demands, selfishness and continuous nagging makes his live a living hell. Hasn’t it occured to you that India’s and all over the world’s live expectancy is much less than that of a man than of a woman. He mostly willingly and tirelessly works(and many a time dies and gets injured earlier) to ensure that the women folk of his life where their needs and desires are taken care off.

The reason men worked hard was to provide for their families. Men didn’t work long hours out of self-interest. They did so out of love. Most men can subsist on very little. It’s been said that civilization was created to impress the opposite gender.

5. Risha

Youth Ki Awaaz, can you please block this “Babar” person? He really pens comments like he belongs to the Mughal Raj, and I’ve seen many of his comments other articles also which are equally misogynistic, and bad.
    Kindly block this person from commenting on your website.

1. Ysk Prerana

What’s the point, then?
      If he stays, he entertain us with bullshit and we get to get stronger in our stance.
      We always need friction to grow more accepting with our ideologies.

Let him be.

2. Rahul Mehra

Ok i will block him.

You sound so funny

6. Samy

That is a serious safety issue that needs very good care. Never allow it to happen carelessly.

More from Dhruv Arora

By Javed Jaffri

By Asra Naaz

By arisha ahmed