#IndiaWithPakistan: Indian Twitterati Show The Way For Cross-Border Solidarity

By Kainat Sarfaraz:

The loss of innocent lives has brought two nations closer; nations, which were often branded as rivals. This is solely because nothing connects people like grief. The Twitter trend #IndiaWithPakistan started by the Indian columnist Tehseen Poonawalla is a stark example of this.

People were outraged about the terror attack on the Peshawar army school which killed at least 132 children. They condemned the cowardly attack by the Taliban and extended support towards Pakistan as a mark of solidarity.

Twitter has been flooding with words of kindness and condolences pouring in from all parts of the country. Indians expressed sorrow over the incident that shook the lives of those who lost their kids and family members. People of Pakistan, while battling with the blow to the safety of their children, tweeted back appreciating the support. Here are some of the tweets below.

While some wanted to support Pakistan in whichever way they could, others resorted to spewing venom and mock the show of solidarity.

1. Ali

Good attempt to derive some facts from tweets 🙂 but these tweets does not represent feelings and concerns of all Indians and Pakistanis. I hope most of us are and will always strive for building bridges through peace. #indiawithpakistan

2. TempleTwins

This mainstream media is hiding the fact that all the children who died were boys but they use a gender neutral term as ‘children’, so the collective mind would think both boys and girls were killed. However when something affects girls though, the mainstream media emphasis on the term ‘girls’ like those #Bringbackourgirls etc. This shows how the victimization of boys/men are invisible to the collective mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZAuqkqxk9A

1. Fem

How sick can you get?

Here we have more than 100 kids brutally killed and here you are still pushing your gender related propaganda. Do the dead kids mean nothing to you? Or you want to sort through their corpses by gender and do a tally?

Sick man! Just sick!!

2. TempleTwins

The society and the media is sick, why call them children instead of boys, when all the children who died were boys, the media/society is already propagating the gender preferences. Just before those girls were kidnapped many boys were killed by Buko Haram, where was the media outlet? Why are they hiding the victimization of boys/men from the public consciousness? Is there not a gynocentric sympathy in our society like that is shown in that video? Do you remember Keenan and Santos who were killed by a mob, the media were question how it was unsafe for women in such states, two men died and all they had to talk about is how it is unsafe for women. Do you not see the lack of empathy towards the well being of men/boys in this?

By Raj Iyre

By Yash Johri

By Abhinandan Kaul