This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Kainat Sarfaraz. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

In Pictures: This Is How Delhi Celebrated The Victory Of The Aam Aadmi Party

More from Kainat Sarfaraz

By Kainat Sarfaraz:

The Delhi Elections 2015 will be remembered as the Aam Aadmi Party’s Election. An election where the opposition, which is ruling at the Centre, was able to manage only 3 seats in the country’s capital. Grabbing 54.3% of the vote-share, AAP won in 67 of the 70 constituencies stunning even their own psephologist, Yogendra Yadav. In the wake of such stunning numbers, the whole city came together in celebrating the victory of the Aam Aadmi. They came out in huge numbers and thronged to places just to rejoice on the mandate they had given.

Education is one of the key-areas in AAP’s manifesto. The party has promised to work on the quality of education in government schools along with regulating fees in the private ones. Will this common child, along with several others, benefit with the common man? Only time will tell.
In a sharp contrast to the BJP and Congress headquarters which bore a desolate look, the AAP headquarters was bubbling with energy. Since most of the exit polls had already predicted a win for AAP, the party headquarters went all out with the decorations.
Celebrations were not limited to the main party office. Workers all across the city broke into impromptu jigs with flags and dhols as soon as the results were declared.
Youngsters came out in huge numbers to support AAP during the election campaigns since it claimed to be the only anti-corrupt party on the block. Unsurprisingly, Tuesday’s victory turned them ecstatic. They took to streets to express their joy.
From dancing to bursting crackers, the party workers and volunteers left no stones unturned to celebrate the victory. Wouldn’t it dirty the streets? ‘It will. And this might even give our opponents to talk ill of us. But the celebratory mood is too strong. We worked really hard for this day.’ said Rahul Yadav, a party worker.
True to their word, the AAP supporters cleaned up after the celebrations.
Unlike others times, the Delhites were finally not being treated as just voters. The aam janta too, including the ones from economically weaker sections of the society, had the sweet taste of this victory when party workers included them in the celebratory marches.
The area around Patel Nagar echoed with slogans like ‘Aagaya bhai aagaya. Muffler man aagaya.’ I keep saying it again and again that the AAP volunteers come up with really catchy slogans. ‘Dus lakh ke suit pe, de jhaadu de jhaadu’ is another such example.
One of the distinct things about the Aam Aadmi Party’s support base is that it includes people across different ages and spectrum. From 70-year old volunteers to 10-year-old kids demonstrating with the placards and flags, the Mufflerman’s persona has earned the party widespread adoration from the masses.
The imagination and creativity of the volunteers is commendable. While some flocked the social media with funny victory tweets and posts, others celebrated in their own hatke style. Like his leader Arvind Kejriwal, this supporter here believed that this victory was the ‘triumph of truth and honesty’.
Moving ahead from the viciously divisive politics, the party rides on the plank of development and anti-corruption. No additional sops have been promised to any community in its 70-point manifesto. The minority belts, like Okhla and Matia Mehal, welcomed this decision by choosing AAP candidates as their MLAs.
From installing CCTV cameras to creating more fast-track courts, AAP has promised to make changes to ensure a safer city for women. It is no wonder that people support this ‘anarchist regime’. And this is not limited to women. On my way back home, the autowallah commented yesterday: ‘Madam, ab aap dekhna. Auraton ki surakhsa ka sahi intezaam karenge yeh jhaadu waale.’
  1. anku

Saw the photos posted in celebration . Two of them really really impressed me . The one where THEY BURST CRACKERS and the other where THE BURST CRACKERS ARE CLEANED. Well if indians FOLLOW THIS ACTION then we will surely be a SUPER POWER in a twinkle.

Request the editior to post such photos or articles everyday on your first page. It will be a positive signal when we each day open ur magazine .

More from Kainat Sarfaraz

By YLAC India

By YLAC India

By Dasra