This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Aswathy Senan. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

“Thank You, AAP” – From A Hindu Woman Married To A Muslim Man

More from Aswathy Senan

By Aswathy Senan:

When we first discussed marriage, my partner said, “Are you sure? ‘Love Jihad‘ is no longer a joke and Modi will become the Prime Minister of the country in less than a year!”. I was furious and amused at the same time. What does Modi, or the Indian government, have to do with anyone getting married in our “socialist secular country” which has the Special Marriage Act provision, I wondered! On the 16th of May last year, six months into our marriage, the Modi-Shah duo became the most powerful couple in the country; I held his hand and said, ‘it’s ok, we’ll manage’. But I knew he was not relieved.

AAP woman

Then, there was the Ghar Wapasi program launched by the VHP and the RSS to end terrorism, as all Muslims are terrorists and if they all become Hindus, terrorism will end and the world will be a better place.

Then there was the Hanuman Sena that attacked men and women protesting against moral policing by kissing, as the act of kissing and hugging spreads AIDS and turns them into Maoists, which is against Indian culture.

Then there was Sakshi Maharaj who demanded Hindu women produce 4 children each because every Muslim has 4 wives and 40 children, and that is the only way we, who constitute 80% of the Indian population, can outnumber the 14% of them.

Then there were ABVP units in various universities offering women empowerment classes to female students, advising them to not fall in the ‘trap’ of love because that will protect them from all atrocities against women.

Then there was an open challenge to the Khans of Bollywood to convert to Hinduism, because that is the only way the Hindu Mahasabha proposes for them to prove their love towards their Hindu wives.

Then the fifth Church was attacked (in less than a year) in Delhi this January and the police arrested the Christians and activists protesting, as peaceful protesters are a menace!

When the journalists, the social activists, the academicians, the political commentators wrote, spoke and spit fury at the corporate raj, a 46 year old man stood up, gathered a few people around him and devised a plan. He showcases an earnestness, honesty and fearlessness to question, expose and work for, the constitutional rights of the citizens of the country. He attracted the young people of the country to leave their jobs and bunk classes to develop programmes, run social networking sites, do door-to-door campaigning and perform flash mobs. An alternate political party evolved that has female candidates dressed in jeans and riding bikes, that replaced Innovas with auto rickshaws for campaigning, that reassured the chole-khulcha wallah of Delhi that Bharat does not become a little less ‘swacch’ if he sells stuff on roadside, that has a Chief Minister candidate who ecstatically hugs his wife in public when he wins. There is our St. Valentine, who with this one simple gesture, replied to the Hindu Mahasabha’s open threat to couples found hugging in public places this 14th!

I know I will never understand how my husband feels when there is a bomb blast in some part of the world and the first suspect of the media is a Muslim organisation.

I know I will never understand why he says “Salaam” softly in a public place when one of his relatives call.

I know I will never understand why somewhere he is glad that his Christian-sounding name creates an ambiguity about his religious identity.

I know I will never understand how he feels in this country today, because I was born a Hindu.

But I know why he felt relieved, reassured and ecstatic when Aam Aadmi Party won in Delhi.

1. Anynomous

Could you please quote any example of Muslim converted to non-muslim to marry with non-muslim boy/girl??? Why don’t you poke a question when Muslims even forcefully try to convert non-muslim?? Gaze around the globe, you find them calling all other religion as “WRONG” or “MIS-GUIDED PEOPLE”, no one ask why they don’t accept others existence.

1. Shailly

So damn disgusting .. can a muslim girl write this? that she is relieved she married a Hindu.. that will become a huge propaganda which even AAP can not resolve.. haha.. such a shitty article posted.. Shame on Hindus !!

2. Rohit Kumar

Indeed a crap article and shame on Hindus. Muslims are hypocrites all around the world. They will distort anything in the name of religion as long as they can convert non-muslims.

3. anonymous

Very true .The author don’t see the other side. No religion has ever flourished in any of the Muslim majority countries. They suppress others.

4. harish

yes i have. mere pass wale office me ek ladke ne muslim ladki se mrg ki h.
      uska a/c hmare pass hi h

5. SJ

anonymous, this author didn’t convert to Islam while writing this. So what is the point of bringing up the quote for a “Muslim converted to non-muslim to marry with non-muslim boy/girl”? There is no conversion of any type involved here.

6. Saira

Yes, several. Runs both ways.

7. Dr Faisal Jamal

There is no conversion here.. Its about communal harmony.. Your comment proves you are communal and you get alert the moment you hear a Muslim name.. Get al life…

8. LG

Dr.. does communal harmony only hold good when a Muslim man marries a hindu girl and converts her to Islam?
      Why don’t u Muslims term the marriage between hindu boy and muslim girl as communal harmony? InsteAd u all will talk about persecution of Islam..

Grow up u hypocrites.

2. Karthik Rai

What a joke and she is a research scholar a bigger joke. I am laughing at your face.

1. Arjun

because thats what illeterate people do? laugh at other people’s faces since that all their nut brains can do. ha ha

3. Vijay

Please, such kind of idiots and statements, and communal riots where long existing in the country, and will continue to exist in A secular country. Now it is a media news, only because BJP is rulling, its was not and these idiots didnt have air time when the pseudo secular parties where ruling unless they break someones head on valentines day or kill somebody in the name of honor/dishonor..
    Article is a plain and concentrated effort to mallign the BJP rather than a criticise the extrimist views cutting across religious lines.

4. bandelcheese

You’ve got everything on this page wrong brotha! In the first place, the author of the article never converted to Islam. So there’s no reason behind your asking the question about muslims converting to “non-muslim”. Secondly, when it does happen, there are enough people “poking” questions, perhaps also poking other things and causing damage. Isliye kisi aur ki zaroorat nahin hai, mussalmano ko pareshan larne ke liye bahut log hain, toh beta tum nishchint raho. Thirdly, there’s a context to this article which you’re clearly ignorant of. There has been plenty of Ghar Wapasi in the news, therefore the author has chosen to write about muslims and why they feel safer. Mussalmano ki bast alag hai; main toh “hindu” hoon aur akhbaar dekh kar roj meri gaand phatti hai ki kya pata, maybe I’m not hindu enough for these fanatics. Fourthly, unless you’ve chosen to be blind to the world for the period of your existence on this planet, you may have noticed that ALL people, particularly people of an extreme-religious persuasion, tend to label others as misguided, an activity that those at the helm of affairs in our great nation are particularly enthusiastic about. Hence, the ghar wapasi. But you can relax; if all goes according to plan, I’m more than confident that soon everybody in India will be back at home and none will be misguided anymore.

5. Abilash

Such a crappy post and waste of time.. Why is that the so called secular people don’t come out and protest when the majorities are attacked..? It is true that all Muslims are not terrorist.. But the other way around is always correct.. Grow up people.. Try going to a Arab country and live there and possibly write an article against the majority..

1. Arjun

The question really is you want to make our country as a ‘Arab’ country that you so prolifically say or a liberal, awesome country that India always was? Why do you compare like that? Are you really that dumb?

2. irate_pirate

Have you ever been to an arab country? Gulf countries are safe, peaceful and give a good tax free income. UAE and Bahrain and Oman have temples. That have never been bombed or burnt

6. Siddharth Singh

I have picture of pamphlets of encouraging muslims to marry Hindu girls so as to “End hindu torture on them”
    plus you all should start reading newspapers,their is always one or other “Love Jihad” case,where muslims men even proxy their identity as Hindu so as to get their work done.
    You can contact me on my id here sidd19@email.biz if you want proof

1. Rohit Kumar

Siddarth, without even writing to you, one merely has to go to gooble and it will confirm what you are saying.

7. Deepak

I feel so sad writing this,as this is one the worst things i have read recently..I feel bad for your children who would never be able to live in an areligious, scientific atmosphere and would never be able to become what they could have. They would never be able to associate themselves with the soil of this nation as they would have to prove their allegiance to arabs every now & then because supposedly those are the true mulims.

8. Sujeet Pillai

Unfortunately, dear author. It seems you have no clue what Love Jihad is. Nobody has ever objected to inter-religion marriages, especially when done under the special marriage act. Love Jihad is where Muslim miscreants offer fake identities to woo women to convert them to Islam and then disappear. Those miscreants actually make legitimate inter-religion marriages like yours more difficult. This is a genuine social issue especially in Kerala. And Narendra Modi didn’t invent the word, Catholic priests are calling it the same.
    Unfortunately all I can see in this article is ignorance. Whether actual or feigned I won’t try to judge

9. anku

Ms Aswathy Senan read your article and can understand what u wanted to convey to us. Would like to let u know that you and your husband are in india and here we are not like our neighbours where only one religion is supreme. Political parties play the religion or caste games only for their benefit. And only a small percent of the people get caught up in the emotions they try to whipup. I know of many couples who are like you. Even to the extent of muslim girls marrying hindu and christian boys and am happy to say that many parents have very smoothly agreed to their marriages and they are living happily together. Abroad many of my relatives have married Americans and one of them a German and they are living happily with their family. Well then, they are not Hindus or Christians or Muslims now, just people. I think it is only our mindset. Please beleive me when I say even in India thousands of such marriages happen and it goes un-noted.
    Religion should be treated – say like – like food we eat. One day you may like laddu the next day you may want halwa but do u not relish both.
    Well try this out it is more relaxing and will make one happy.

1. Randeep

Well written anku. This article and biased.

2. Rohit Kumar

Still in majority of cases, the muslim will remain a muslim, and chances are he/she is converted to muslim.

10. Priyanka

Hello Ashwathy…. Kudos for this excellent post and also applause for living upto the term “secular”!

1. Sachin

really secularism means bullshit hindu religion ..wow,,,how about owaisi,,how azam khans,,how about tauqeer rana,,do u know who these are what these guys have done…. i can give u 1000 examples where girl was muslim and girls family killed boy who was hindu,,just see ,,, http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/meerut/Muslim-woman-weds-Hindu-man-both-killed/articleshow/45321279.cms

11. Manish

Please enlighten this country about the threat of missionary jihad too. Let the people know about their forced conversions and their ani Hindu mindset . In case you are not aware of this come down to south to experience it yourself.

12. Edvard

who said this post was about religion, though it mentions it,it’s really talking about politics

now to Mr rohit Kumar,you’re one ignorant man,how could you say that Muslims are Hippocratic??you should be ashamed of calling yourself an Indian, don’t you know that’s Muslims bleed alongside Hindus for the freedom of this country??shame on you,by the way you have no right to blame them as you don’t read scriptures much,you’re judging Muslims by what’s media says, I’m from Kerala, and we live in peace and harmony,it was Muslims who defended our land from Portuguese,it was Christians who brought business here helped our economy, it was a Hindu who brought land reform act in Kerala,and Im proudly say,we live in peace, no one attacks other,nor destroyed holy places,we give blood to our fellow human,defends his honor,that’s what I call a real Indian,so judge a religion by their scriptures and from real source, no by people,god bless you

1. Rohit Kumar

Were talking about hindu/muslim marriages. Nobody mentioned the word Indian.

2. ghost

I take it that you fails to understand that,this post is merely her view about politics (Indian).I mentioned about being Indian cuz somebody here take it as a religious propaganda, so I just wanted to remind those people.

3. anku

Ur right this article is about politics and written with a lot of melodrama. But it is religious politics and about her support to a certain political party.

May I ask u one question. Do you know why converting is very important to certain religious missionaries.

Let me tell u my views on this. Conversions have been going on left right and around for many many years. Initially it was for two reasons – one to avoid physical abuse and hunger, two to get into the good books of your “superiors” and to live in comfort and power they throw in our face. YOU WILL SEE HERE NONE WAS FOR THE LOVE OF “THE ALMIGHTY”. (Read india’s true history).

Then after our so called “superiors” left us they saw to it that this continued (divide and rule). So far when these conversions occurr

ed no one questioned it seriously. Why?

Now when a certain conversion happens there is a huge cry from the Archbishop or the Maulana. Why?

Religion is all about praying to God is it not so. So what is it to anyone if it is Allah or Rama or Jesus and can I not change to whom ever I want to. No it cannot be so. Why?

Here it involves foreign money, power and interference from some vested foreign interests to stop our growth and allow us time only to use our energies for fire fighting.

The day we unite in our diversities then and stop sops to certain sections of the society then “INDIA SHINES”

4. ghost

well said,I feel the same way,we are one,born and hopefully die in this great nation,jai hind

5. anku

ed no one questioned it seriously. Why?

13. ghost

cuz others are not following as their scriptures as told, and the truth is others don’t have authentic source, the one they have is corrupted,as a man of logic,you can’t accept for what is wrong,could you??so just think who got the logic??start questioning, don’t just swallow what others say,do a research

14. abhay

This is a classic example of how Love Jihadists brainwash Hindu girls…I have nothing but contempt for this author

1. Arjun

I have nothing but sadness for you, you lonely, sad, dumb, ignorant person

2. abhay

Why don’t you open your eyes for once and see the reality for what it really is instead of using those very adjectives that describe you towards other people? Muslim fanatics are creating power centers in India. Hardliners like the Owaisis (one who talked in a public speech about killing all the Hindus) are getting political support. These people are enraged and scared seeing BJP at the centre.

15. Neha Mitra

I totally agree with you on your views about Hindu organisations and their atrocious idea of indian society.
    I would agree a lot more with you, if you could throw some light about Muslim organisation heads and how they plant ideas of communalism in the minds of people. Trust me it gets a lot worse. It gets more violent. And attacks on Hindu beliefs directly. And these are not just religious organisation heads, these are heads of political parties as well. Yet it never reaches headlines because it does not sound intelligent to accuse a Muslim in our country.
    A whole state in North East has converted to Christianity over the last 50 years. Mostly with money and the rest forceful. Not a single article in mainstream media. How different is that from Ghar Wapsi? Please explain.
    Why is there selective reporting and selective criticism?

1. irate_pirate

Why is conversion such a huge issue? Because my teapot in the sky is better than yours? What difference does it make if people whose existence we didn’t even know of convert to anything. I don’t have a problem with conversion to Hinduism. But why call it ghar wapasi? Call it conversion, support freedom of conversion. Let people follow any imaginary deity they please. Just preserve freedom. Freedom and secularism are precious. And we must fight to protect them. Secularism doesn’t mean pro muslin. Secularism means separation of religion from politics

2. Anand

Let them call it “ghar wapasi” or “going to zoozooland” how does that affect you? Simple Solution is that you ban all conversion. Let’s not have any of that “ghar wapasi” stupidity any more.

16. SJ

Very well written Aswathay. The last part of this article explained quite well the situation experienced by many Muslims in India. I come from a background where we played and studied together without ever wondering what religion the other guy follows. We grew up together and thought we would be friends forever. But then since the growth of the sanghis, everything changed. Some of my best friend’s “changed” and it was very hurtful to see how people started drawing lines based religion\faith. The sanghi’s use of religion to strengthen their vote base made minorities and especially Muslims in India feel insecure and saying Salam quitely or feeling better because your name can’t explicitly point out what your religion is or feeling uneasy everytime a bomb goes off anywhere in the world are all a result of this divisive game plan put in force by the sanghis. This is exactly why we feel a lot better when we see a leader like AK who treats every Indian as an Indian rather than Indian-Hindu or Indian Muslim or Indian-Christian. We feel hope that someday we will all be accepted as Indians rather than outcast as some kind of “outsider”. We feel happiness that we can walk the street as what we are rather than always looking over your shoulders to see if someone is watching you because your faith is different than that of the majority. We hope that someday AK’s ways would turn India around and help her move as a united and strong nation rather than weak and splintered “majority” only state.

1. Anand

obviously the fear which the author’s husband feels is not in anyway in touch with reality. Have they started whispering the 5 times a day aazaan? then why whisper for “Salaam”?

2. Common man

SJ just imagine the plight of Hindus in Kashmir and Pakistan where ever Islam is in majority Islam have destroyed cultures, religions and killed innocent men, children raped girls and women first bring reforms in your religion that stand against basic human rights as per this article is concerned this is way to propagate Islam by selling yourself …..

17. Neelam Sada

aswathy Sanon go back to school and read history books one more time Hindus were killed by Muslims Arabs afghans bec according to them Hindus r kafirs I.e infidel till today in Pakistan Hindus hv no rights where as Muslims in India live with no fear before u write this nonsense check yr facts silly girl dhhhhh

1. Anonymous

Duh!! You so stupid bro!

18. Muslim

Good that you realize Muslims face a life of constant threat and oppression in Gandhi’s land. 67 years down the lane, Jinnah is proven right once more. It’s time sensible Hindus start raising their voice against oppression of minorities. But seriously, from the comments below here, I have no hope left for India.

1. Saira

Dear Muslim, Why are you upset about the posts. They are from the Hindu followers of Jinnah. Since you think Jinnah was right you should be happy.

2. raza

jinnha was right ? lol his own wife n daughter left him n abandoned him… he was not even a namazi ..hindus & india have let minorities flourish .. only the so called muslims have problem .. they will not be allowed to have their jihadi ideology propagated … minorities shud learn to accept that majority dont follow their stupid religion … n they will not subdue to the islam …. from the comments of muslims like u its clear that some of them still dream of being in islamic world n india shud help them get out of this beautiful land ..

3. ProphetofPisss

If you feel threatened in India, then may be you should go to Pakistan and leave the Hindus at Peace.Be the example of Sacrifice like your Prophet

19. anonymity

So apparently only the Hindu organizations have done stuff like this ? This is just a retaliation of what bas been happening with them since ages.
    Dear uninformed ignorant lady please read nuetral literature as well. And something on general knowledge.

20. muhammed Zubair

I see here that most people don’t get what the author is trying to convey.its politics, not religion.by the way those who want to know a religion, go to their respective holy books, see what are the teaching, as for the people who claims imI’m a bad guy,contact me at to clarify your doubts

Muhammedzubair1992@gmail.com

21. Abdul Shukoor

I didnt get how some commenters says muslims and christains forcefully convereted hindus to their religion..in these three faiths concept of God is entirly defferent, according to islam (“Say! He is God, the One!
    “The Eternally Besought of all!
    “He does not beget, nor is He begotten.
    “And there is nothing comparable to Him.” (chapter 112 Quran)) according to christianity God have a begotted son and God have mother also and according Hinduism there are large number of gods and each gods have mother, childrens, wives, etc and god is in human form, if any one feel any one of these concept is more sensible they can convert in to that religion and no can forcefully change some one’s inteligence..

1. anynomoys

“Hinduism there are large number of gods”, you posting without even studying Hinduism. can you verify your statement from Geeta or Veeda ???
      do you know the meaning of “OM tat sat”

22. Saira

A very well written article. Spare and elegant and makes its point very well. Clarity of prose and thought seems to be a rare quality these days if the comments to this article are any indication. Facts seem to be a rare commodity as well. Thanks for taking the time to write it. My best wishes to you and your husband. If you decide to have kids – always remember that they will be the lucky ones who have the best of both worlds. Tell your husband not to worry, India will outlive these sorry specimens of humanity. Evolution sees to it that the strongest of the species survive. Since modern medicine allows the physically weak or unhealthy to survive we tend to forget this. But no medication has been invented as yet for people who suffer from poor self-esteem unless it is due to actual problems with neurotransmitters. I doubt that the problems these well-adjusted and calm people have, can be attributed to any real psychiatric problems. I would imagine their incivility and aggression is due to a lack of self worth which for all we know is probably justifiable. As a dear friend of mine remarked the other day, have you ever come across Hindutva types or any other type of vulgar extremist who isn’t a loser?

1. Rohit Kumar

Chances are she will convert and so will their children be forced to take the religion of their father. If they divorce, no loss to him because his deed is done.

2. Raj

IF they choose to raise kids as muslims , typically most muslims male do that tenven when wives are hindus or christians….. e.g. amjad ali khan, aamir khan etc….So they may havea soft corner for hindus but their core faith has ot be one nad if that happens to be any of hte semitic religions, the dislike for other religions will develop… and at best it may manifest as religious tolerance ( i hate you but i tolerate you kind of attitude)….or in itsworst form it may be minority appeasing Indian seckularism..

23. Arjun

I am happy to see that there are 4.6 K shares, and still a lot of people around who appreciate this lovely article. Otherwise I first saw some comments below and I was like ‘oh God, the stupids are at it again and we are becoming a society of stupids. But no, I guess 5k people liked this article and that is why it feels warm inside to be an Indian, 20 or so biased comments showing stupidity cannot overshadow the 5k sensible people. Cheers!

1. abhay

I can’t believe your megalomania which prompts you to call people who have different views from you as stupid. There are some people who choose to gloss over ground reality (or they are just too blind and big-headed to see it). But Muslim fanaticism is a global threat and this is reality. In Mumbai, Muslim youths zap around the city on bikes, shouting insulting slogans against Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj, calling him an ‘Hindu King’, although he was as all-inclusive a king as there ever was. Why is this? There is not a village in Maharashtra where Muslim youths don’t deliberately create a ruckus at the time of Ganeshotsav. I am not saying all Muslims are our enemies, but it is a fact that many of them harbor soft spot for hardliners. Muslim voters are now rallying behind parties like MIM, merely because majority of Hindus voted for BJP, although the votes were given for economic prosperity, and not Ram Janmabhoomi. Sounds of firecrackers emerging from Muslim-dominated areas , whenever an Indian wicket falls in a match against Pakistan, are common all over India. Economic backwardness isn’t an excuse for favouring our enemy like Pakistan. But they just want to show that they can do whatever they want, right in the face of Hindus. White collar, pink-heeled guys like you are so out of touch from reality that it makes me feel sorry for you.

2. Rohit Kumar

They are just waiting to light the firecrackers with the games now imminent.

3. anku

Ur right many muslims feel negative towards hindus. Ask them to go and live in Pakistan and they will run a mile.

They would prefer to go to America or European countries but never muslim countries. Personal experience speaks, there you will have to keep your mouth shut and ears closed. Even muslims there cannot talk and post comments like this.

24. ak

So much hate in the comment section…the article clearly shows how a Muslim feels in the current society..I am Muslim..I feel the same way too..hate should not be spread, it will consume everything..divide and rule worked for British..they left..we still are the same..

1. Arun D

You are right buddy.There are good and bad people in every society/religion.So lets see the good and spread peace instead of this religious menace.Religion has always caused separation and riots.The true fact that we all should understand is “i am a Hindu because i was born so,i am a christian because i was born as a part of that denomination” etc… and the same applies to every religion.You are not a Muslim because you are prophet Muhammad and you are not a Buddhist because you are Lord Buddha.You were taught and practiced a religion from your childhood by your parents and your society and that’s what you are now.The converted class contributes just 1%.We Indians are so very lean to what we are taught,never really ready to think anything beyond that and we takes pride in saying i am a “Hindu/Christian/Muslim etc..”,what for?What have you done with your life should speak for your pride,Absolutely nothing else.Abdul Kalam is a Muslim,Mahatma Gandhi is a Hindu and Mother Theresa was a Christian by birth, but beyond all these,they were great humans who created a better wold,to live a life what we all have today.Am i right?
      And here the article portrays the concern of a Hindu girl(Not-converted) living a life with a Muslim Guy(Not-converted).She shares the insecurities her husband has being a Muslim,living in India,which is perfectly alright.Right of speech is a guarantee that the constitution of India has to offer every citizen unless its obscene.So i believe if Aam Admi Party/any party which can impart peace and relief in a country with an attire of equality,they should be appreciated and promoted.All we need is peace and ‘PRACTICAL’ secularism!
      JAI HIND!
      (frankdan1988@gmail.com)

25. Arun D

Good write up.
    For all those who are fighting in the name of religion.
    There are good and bad people in every society/religion.So lets see the good and spread peace instead of this religious menace.Religion has always caused separation and riots.The true fact that we all should understand is “you are a Hindu because you was born so,you are a christian because you was born as a part of that denomination” etc… and the same applies to every religion.You are not a Muslim because you are Prophet Muhammad and you are not a Buddhist because you are Lord Buddha.You were taught and practiced a religion from your childhood by your parents and your society and that’s what you are now.The converted class contributes just 1%.We Indians are so very lean to what we are taught,never really ready to think anything beyond that and we takes pride in saying i am a “Hindu/Christian/Muslim etc..”,what for?What you have done with your life should speak for your pride,Absolutely nothing else.Abdul Kalam is a Muslim,Mahatma Gandhi is a Hindu and Mother Theresa was a Christian, but beyond all these,they were great humans who created a better world,to live a life what we all have today. Am i right?
    JAI HIND!
    (frankdan1988@gmail.com)

26. deedee

The lady is a social misfit. Most likely rebelling at her family still. A very juvenile post. And silly too.

27. irate_pirate

I thought it was a well written article. And most of the comments here just corroborate your pain. Hindus and muslims in India are slowly getting radicalised. I’m shocked at some of those statements where you are called stupid. I’m shocked at the assumptions people make regarding your conversion and the religion of your children. And if you were a Muslim woman married to a hindu , would these retards have a different point of view? SHOUT FROM THE ROOFTOPS. IT’S MY LIFE AND MY CHOICES. REPEAT 🙂

1. Kaushik

It dsnt happen the other way. Too much for a muslim girl to do like wise in a violent environment. The children will grow up as a confused lot. I feel sorry for them .

2. irate_pirate

My bhabhi is a Muslim woman. So it does happen

3. irate_pirate

Their kids are taught kindness and love and they aren’t one bit confused

4. anku

Lots of comments on muslims and hindus from various people. None from any christians. Should we not learn from them . Muslims and hindus bash each other and christians quietly watch. My god what comments. Mmmmmmmmm—-

28. Maithili Menon

Dear Ms. Senan. I read your article and let me appreciate the elegance of your simple prose style. A refreshingly simple style, I should say. Let me also congratulate you on your marriage, which is a bold assertion of secularism in troubled times like the one we are going through. However, as I continued reading your article, a number of questions popped in my mind? What exactly are you trying to prove here? That Modi and Co are promoting Ghar Wapasi? That Muslims and Christians in India are going to be persecuted by the current government? Surely, with your privileged Delhi University education, you should be able to think in a more coherent manner? You could have atleast remembered the fact that Modi had openly vouched for the patriotism of Muslims. Agreed, it is tough for a Hindu woman and a Muslim man to think about nuptials. But to say that you hesitated to get married before May 16 anticipating Modi’s rise to power is taking ridiculousness to a new height, Ms. Senan. And please do not use Love Jihad in such a flippant manner. Come to Kerala and you will understand the horrible truth behind it. You are not the first couple of mixed faith in India. Nor will you be the last. Inspite of sorry excuses of religion like Hindu Mahasabha, Hanuman Sena and extreme outfits of Christianity and Islam, India has remained a relatively peaceful place for people of all religions. Kindly ask your husband whether he would have been able to marry a woman of his choice, that too of a different faith, had he been in any Islamic country? Or atleast in Pakisthan? I do not wish to demean your anxiety and concern for the secular fabric of this country. But did you and your husband experience the same anxiety when Hindu temples were vandalized in your own Delhi? Or when reports of mass conversion to Christianity were reported from South India?
    Or when a church in your home state of Kerala announced rewards in cash for every fifth child in a family? When the Delhi Imam issued an order banning women from waring bikini?I am sure you might have experienced a secular orgasm when Amir Khan proudly announced in PK, “Jo log darte hain, wahi mandir jate hain.” And when photos of the same Amir Khan doing his hajj and photographed along with a suspected terrorist did rounds in the social media, did you feel any threat to your security or to the security of the nation? Did you or your husband express your anguish when the flag of Pakisthan was displayed and the Indian tricolour trampled upon in Kashmir? When Indian Army was pelted with stones in Kashmir?
    My answer is an emphatic No. You haven’t, Ms. Senan. You chose to be silent on these issues because your reputation as a secular was (and still is ) more important than supporting what is right. Hindu bashing is the flavour of the season and you have juumped into the bandwagon. I do not condemn this. As a research scholar in Delhi with eye on an Assistant Professor post, you surely sould pull the right strings. But please do not use it to malign any religion or any political party. Let me assure you that I am as much against the fanaticism of Hanuman Sena and the like as much as you are. But, just as you try to remind everyone that every Muslim is not a terrorist, please do not see such Hindu extremist groups as representing the entire Hindu religion. It is this broad generalization, which I think, is the main fault of your argument.
    Now , to support Aam Aadmi Party or not is your personal choice. But you haven’t made clear why AAP appears to you as a secular party. I admire Kejriwal for his grass root level activism and his brilliant comeback. But aren’t you reading too much into that hug? Does hugging one’s wife make a person secular? Or rather, does having an unsuccessful married life make a person a religious fanatic? This is a government whose HR department is run by a powerful woman, who doesn’t have much formal education. This is a prime minister who had the courage to speak about the need of toilet for girls in his Independence Day speech, seen and heard by millions of people. By turning a blind eye and a plugged ear to such good things happening around us, you seem to concentrate only on exaggerated fears, anxiety and Hindu-bashing. Rest assured, Ms.Senan. Your marriage will be rock solid here. But your rantings against non-existent demons will continue to flourish. After all, as a supporter of AAP,that is what you secretly wish for, right?

1. irate_pirate

Why should indian muslims and christians imagine life in Muslim countries? Why does everyone say imagine life un Pakistan? Is there a subtle suggestion that non hindus are guests here and should learn to behave like docile guests? Amir Khan is Indian. So is the producer of the movie who has a hindu name. Get off your effing high horse.

2. Maithili Menon

Irate Pirate, I am sure i did not hint that Muslims are unwelcome in this country. Kindly do not twist facts. This young lady was moved by the actions of Hindu Mahasabha and Hanuman Sena et al and worries for her husbands Muslim identity. My point is why is she selectively blind to the plight of Hindus in this country. Her words demonize the Hindu religion. And for gods sake, this is not a fascist country with a fanatic ruler. The PM is a leader democratically elected by the people. And all she could see was he is a Hindu. And it scares her.This young lady’s husband seem to be very uncomfortable with his Muslim identity, just because a Hindu is the PM? As far as i know, the religious identity of the PM of our country has never been a problem. Many Muslims have become the president of our nation too. It is for the Muslims to realize that they too are citizens of their country and have as much duty and rights as the rest of the nation has. I didnt see any protest from secular people when Delhi Imam invited Nawaz Sheriff to his son’s ordination? When certain parts of North Kerala was drowned in darkness when power supply was temporarily cut because Pakistan was going to lose the match.? If, inspite of the minority status and privileges, he still feels threatened by a Hindu PM, he needs to broaden his mind. Automatically going to the martyr mode is not nice.

3. Manish Joshi

That was not the point buddy, atleast i hope your reply was directed at some other comment.
      There will always be Hindus who believe in this “subtle suggestion”, just like there will always be Muslims who are willing to go against their countries in the name of “Ummah” (Europeans joining ISIS).

But there will also be people (Hindus/majority/whatever you want to call it) who will be happy to see that BJP/Fringe-BJP bodies have been taught their lesson in Delhi election.
      There will always be people disgruntled by these extreme propagandists. Lets just find the common ground here..

Is there truth to the matters of Love-Jihad?
      Or is there truth to the “Power supply failing as Pakistan was winning” suggestion of Maithili?

What can be done to ensure we don’t fall apart?

4. Manish Joshi

Kudos Maithili..
      Exactly everything that I wanted to say.
      There is no point to the article except the unnecessary sensationalization of the SECULAR vs PSEUDO-SECULAR debate.
      While those are personal thoughts the author chose to share, a thorough insight on why she feels that her muslim husband should feel insecure about his Hindu wife would have been better.

It is these fears, if any and their reasons that need to be adrressed.
      This simple fear-mongering will not do.

Lastly, like you, I must admit, the writing style is pretty.

5. irate_pirate

Why does the idea of love – Jihad bother people so much. Lets use some logic. Sure there was some idiot religious leader that said, lets have a “love Jihad” on non muslim women. Believing that such a hare-brained idea would be successful, of all places in kerala ,where the average woman is educated and independent is demeaning and insulting to the women. Women are completely capable of making their own choices. Whom to marry, how many children to have and when to have them. Using language like “secular orgasm” Mythili is degrading to your own allegedly superior and majoritarian views. You have made some really unfounded assumptions on what the author thinks about attacks on Hindus, and what her husband thinks. To the best of my knowledge, Arvind Kejriwal is Hindu too. So the author isn’t anti hindu. She is speaking of the sudden feeling of insecurity that muslims in this country felt when BJP came to power riding on the back of RSS and allowed the right wing Hindu’s to act with impunity. Its always those that are fewer in number that feel insecurity first. After the Gujarat riots, the assumption was that Modi was anti- Muslim. This is because although he is such an eloquent speaker, he never once gave an explanation to the people of Gujarat or the mainstream media on the massacre of 2000 muslims , mostly women an children in a state that he was the Chief minister of. There may have been a perfectly logical explanation, but no one heard it. Had he spoken earlier, he could have projected himself as truly secular.The comparison regarding the famous hug, I assume is AK hugged his wife, while Modi deserted his and even refused to acknowledge her until a few weeks before the General election. AK , the author surmises, is truly secular, a supporter of woman’s choices and freedoms and therefore has her support in Delhi.

6. Rajan

@Maithili Menon,
      Best reply ever! Thanks for your comment.

29. Ajit

Damn Indian women are butt ugly. I’m so glad I’m married to a Mexican

30. LIngesh

Wow.. your great granddaughter will be really proud that you were one of those who were responsible for her being in a burkha, with no human rights and forced to live like a cattle. Remember this country has a sense of right and wrong because we are primarily hindu. Just look at any country in the world dominated by muslims and you will see the picture. Your love has made you blind and it must have really made your parents proud.. Cheers

1. irate_pirate

Killed off all the hindu girls by doing gender selection. Now I can feel your pain when one of the remaining few develops a mind of her own.

31. Rajiv

Muslims are the only people involved in terrorism across the globe.if a bearded and skull cap young muslim guy with a backpack comes and sits in a bus with u, Tell me honeslty,, Wouldn’t u fell unsafe??
    So, its not your husbands fault that he says “Salaam” in a low voice. He doesnt want to reaveal his identity since he knows that Although all muslims are not terrorists….All Terrorists ARE muslims.

1. irate_pirate

Tamil tigers were terrorists. Prabhakaran doesn’t sound like a Muslim name to me. Just saying

2. Muhammed Zubair

ever heard of shiv sena??,their doings??they killed pregnant women with thrishul,wouldn’t you call that terrorism?? what about tamil tigers??aren’t they throwing bombs??firing bullets,ever heard IRA??

in short there are bad guys in every community,but somehow the media highlight Muslims, by the way there was a shooting few days ago,the shooters were Christians who specifically killed Muslim men,don’t you call that terrorism??but that doesn’t make all Christians terrorist

the Muslim(by label) in your definition might be 1% out of other 99 Muslims in the world and you call the whole community as bad guys,all of the world cried and blamed muslims when 9/11 happened,then it was proven it was a inside job,

now,by your criteria,all the Germans are Nazis, but do we call them Nazi?? No we don’t, cuz we know its not fair to call them just because Hitler did it.now I’m asking you,why double standard???

so my request is that don’t judge a religion by the bad guys,read the respective holy books and its teachings,I’m sure no religion teaches violence.

I replied to this post because it is my duty to give correct image,message of my religion.

feel free to mail me if you have anything to say about it,or anybody who reads this.

my email id is :muhammedzubair1992@gmail.com

by the way nice post,I don’t support any party,I just want to live peacefully in this country, in my motherland.

JAI HIND

32. JD

Reading all the comments reminded me of Churchill’s quote, “The best argument against democracy is a 5-minute conversation with the average voter.” Simply hilarious guys. Keep it going!

33. elvin

Superb

34. Paroma Das

Dear Aswathy,
    I humbly request you to read my open letter http://indiafacts.co.in/dear-aswathy-senan-hindu-woman-married-muslim-man/
    I did not submit the same to http://www.youthkiawaaz.com as I am sure that they would not have published it.
    With regards,
    Paroma

1. Indian

super reply, but they don’t care.These kind of biased people just cry to get sympathy and publicity from the public particularly from leftists who never dare to talk about minorities even at the cost of national security but always want to spread hatred about the hinduism.

35. Raj

Congrats Aswathy for revelaing yoru true Seckular credentials…..But does that mena oneshould feel ashamed of being born Hindu….

This ramble called an article…connects the wrong dots……most of the facts you stated are true but disconnected andh avea context…. but by connected the irreelvant pieces yo uare trying ot portray a modi-shan conspiracy even in yoru MARRIAGE… isn’t it illogical???

Half baked scholarship is more dangerous than being uneducated… and illeterate…
    Your understanidng and your interpretations of hinduism’s chivalry or grciousness is becauese yo uwere never raised a godo hindu …. you just went to regular hatred filled convents where you were shown just one sideo f religion and the JNU kindof environment ended yo umuddlign your concept pf Hinduism yo ucarried in your brain..

dont worry , your kind of SOCIAL SCIENTISTS do exist in huge numbers in academia and media world . Hence your alignment iwht AAP is not surpising. you will end up being praisd and provided space for wirting and wil leven receive accolades andawards from fellow beings who like ot call themselves seckular and INTELLECTUALS….

36. anuj

Where is the basic requisite research ? Where are the facts & data to support your claim mam whatever your religion. before putting anything on internet mam you should do little home work too, or in a hurry to malign Modi you skipped this step too. Any pathological modi hater could have written this. Only rants, apprehensions & inciting tones. i don’t know about modi haters but being secular(no certificate needed) i am alarmed & appalled on seeing how low people can stoop just for propaganda & cheap shots. No surprise muslims are treated as vote machine only. Pseudosecular’s tactics : incite & cash in anger(e.g Teesta Sheetalwad)

37. Indian

Stop non sense, very dirty article…….

you are trying to label India as a Pakistan or Bangladesh where Minorities are suppressed by the Majority.

Take your husband to a ENT doctor if he feel uncomfortable to say Salam loudly,
    Daily we Hindus are hearing a lot of sounds from loud speakers in Non Indian languages from temples of your husbands religion.But never objected in majority of situations.
    What people can do if terrorism is coming alone from a particular religion, They will suspect them only.Are you suggesting non muslims to join in Terrorism to satisfy your feeling and there by become suspects in the future.So you are happy at the end of the day, as all terrorists are not from a particular religion.

Don’t Cry on Modi. Even Allah will not tolerate it.Allah knows who are Hindus.When India divided on Religious basis your husbands religion did not accepted equal rights to Hindus in their country but Your religion have allowed people from your husband’s religion with equal rights along with some minority reservations.Allah is seeing two groups of people.Cry for Hindus suffering in pakistan or victims of ISIS, or for Mumbai attacks.

You people feel sad for Afzal guru or kasab but not for Soldiers of the country.

38. Neel

What a piece of SHIT.

I agree on your point that all muslim aren’t terrorist but you know all terrorists are muslims.

Muslim Voys are given 5 lakhs to marry a Brahman Hindu Girl and 3 lakhs for Vaishya 50 k for Dalits In azamgarh.
    Dont start barking girl as I have tjat sting.

The saddest part for now is Your TYPE of mentality is costing our country a lot.

1. nobKiller

Dumbfuck spotted lol

2. irate_pirate

Use a search engine called google. Type in “terrorist tamil tigers”. read results. Type in ” Catholic IRA terrorist” read results. In 2012, the most number of violent deaths happened in Mexico. Mostly killing by shooting- the civilians there are terrorised. In colombia, citizens are terrorised.The largest genocide this century was committed in Rwanda. One million people massacred in 90 days. No muslims in Rwanda. The Mafia was a Catholic organisation. Just google ” dalits killed in India” and see how many of the killers are Hindu. You will be surprised. Many Hindus refuse to allow marriage to other Hindus. Have you heard of the Nitish Katara murder case? No muslims involved there. Heard of Bhavna Yadav. She was killed for marrying a Punjabi. Both Hindus. Makes “love Jihad” sound tame na? Im not justifying terrorism by ISIS, Al Qaeda, Taliban. It is horrendous and cruel.And widely self publicised. But by no means can the statement “All terrorists are muslims” hold any water in a rational debate.

3. agni

do u know wht is the difference between a religious terrorism and terrorism as such…islamic terrorists are those who fight for islam,they claim so with injurctions from koran….this is not seen only today..from the start of islamic cultre this was a trend,all the invaders ,mopllah rebellion,direct action day to present day situation …only their modus operandi have changed nothing else……tamil tigers are fighting not in the name of hindus not on the injurction of smriti,vedas they are fighting for seperate reasons ….if u say prabhakaran is a hindu terrorist because he is a hindu by name u will say that naxals ,gorkhaland liberation people are also hindu terrorists..wht a logic!!!!and there is a difference between love marriage between religion and love jihad…yes definitely women should be given the free will to marry,convert bt only converting for or after marriage and subscribing the shariat is for me no longer a case of freedom for women….i think u understood…

39. J

Truly a Hiduphobic post. Shame on the author for writing and spreading such propaganda.

40. Pranshu Mishra

This is not an article it is a pure propaganda. The author uses no acts just emotional false arguments to tell us “how oppressed are Muslims and every minority is”. “The Hindu” has become “The Jew” of Nazi Germany. It is sad how people are able to get away by writing false opinionated pieces. The author has a deep sense of shame for being a Hindu and is trying to instill the same dose of shame and guilt in everyone’s else mind. A proper and fitting response is given on IndiaFacts,” Dear Aswathy Senan: A Hindu woman married to a Muslim man”
    http://indiafacts.co.in/dear-aswathy-senan-hindu-woman-married-muslim-man/
    It will do well for Youth ki Awaaz to see the quakity of stuff they post.

41. shital vyas

First of all..congratulation author !!.. You must me thinking why?
    Well because your so lucky that you married someone you love..
    Now, regarding Hindu-Muslim marriages…why we people cant accept this?
    and also after marriage why to change religion? Do we people know why religions were formed? So that people would connect to God, understand the reason for existence of their life and trust me teachings of all religions is somewhat same. All teach to believe in God, perform good deeds and so on. Also we should not forget that religion is for man, man is not for religion. Just because of few people we just cannot blame the entire community or so. Personally, what i feel is such people who do such terriost activities or riots etc in name of religion or for whatsoever have no religion because God never want his children to hurt the other. so such people have no religion or caste.
    ALL I want to say is that we people have to begin with this change.. change our mindset..i clearly understand its difficult but not impossible. We should accept such marriages. Just imagine if mindset changes then there wont be any need to convert into any religion, people could marry person of anyone irrespective of their caste without fear. Also what matters in marriage is love and the bond you share and i guess rather personally feel that person matters a lot in marriage than its caste. Whats the use or say victory in marrying someone who has no values and respect except for that he is of your caste?
    As far as politics is concerned, we people are very well aware that some politicians just play this religion or caste game for their own benefit. Its also very sad to say that inspite of knowing this some of us still fall into the trap.
    To conclude i would again say MINDSET.. it should change and from both sides or rather every people irrespective of their caste. so that we all can live happily..!!!

42. Yes

People like this lady here should never be born Hindu and be given the right to so blatantly speak and hurt the sentiments of others from the same religious group. I don’t see her citing incidents of terrorism around the world which for the most part are by muslim terrorist outfits. They are mostly by muslim terrorist outfits and hence the stereotype, missy. Such people should be put in a burkha head to toe and put in a harem with 3 other wives and be turned to a baby producing machine instead of a bullshit spewing machine. Does she think had she been born a Muslim she would have the balls to open her mouth and spew shit like this ?

43. Anonymous

Are you seriously a research scholar?The biggest joke I ever heard.By the way I know most of people who adopts islamic culture automatically become dumb and dangeous.There are numerous examples of this.Modern example is ISIS has a number of newly converted muslims from Britain.

44. Rashmi

Why is YKA so anti Modi and so pro AAp. This doesn’t suit a media Organisation. Disgusting.

45. Niki

Let me first begin with saying that I am a follower of AAP too and like you have married a man from a different religion than mine. However I fail to understand how and why did you come up with such an article considering YOU ARE AN EDUCATED WOMAN.
    I think more than anything this article was more anti-hindu than thanking AAP for winning the elections. Yes I currently do not live in India but why do you not respect the prime minister of your nation? Irrespective of whichever party he is from, he is providing good governance to the country and that is all that is needed at this point of time.
    I am a Hindu woman married to a husband from a different culture, but I very much respect my own religion as well. How do you think others in the world are going to respect you when you cannot respect your religion/ leaders, etc.
    There are more Hindu- Muslim weddings in our country today than there has ever been and most of the couples do live in harmony without fearing- how is the prime minister of the country going to affect their relationship (they are more worried about their family than any political party). Maybe you should have asked your husband why he fears and understand the root cause issue.

46. Manuj

Demonising one organisation for the ill’s is very much like all muslim’s are terrorists, very loop sided and biased article, god bless both of you and sincerely hope with time and maturity u do understand with all ill’s and problems india still give the liberty to choose and live happily which is not possible in majority of countries where islam is the state religion, a fact which can be proven provided u wana listen and accept

47. Prasad

The lady who wrote this article has unknowingly juxtaposed two opposite view points making this article a complete waste of time. When it comes to Hindus, she takes the utterance or act of any Hindu leader (with however minimal following) to represent the entire Hindu community. Then she goes on to say that her husband who is a muslim, cringes whenever there is a bomb blast somewhere in the world and the suspect is a muslim organisation. By this, she means to say that one should not tar the entire muslim community with the same brush as the terrorists. So, what is applicable for the muslims becomes not applicable for the hindus. What sort of a twisted view point is this?

It looks like she has not converted to Islam. So, she should also ask her husband if his Imam would consider their marriage valid as per Islam…?? it is “Hindu majority secular India” which gives their marriage the sanctity and legality. Such a marriage is not even possible (or not legally recognised) in islamic theocracies. It’s high time she took steps to correct her blinkered vision.

48. V.P. Abdul Khader

Your article is a little on to the wrong side, the Muslim side. May be you don’t have enough of both sides. When I was Aswathi’s age I also supported Musliims as they are in the minority. Then I went to Jeddah, Saudi Arabia and spent twenty years there. Every where there was Muslim dominance there. Even among Malayali communities Muslims were in majority. Most of the Muslims are okay personally, but from a communal point of view they are very undemocratic and extremely biased. Hindus are ten times more humane. You can look around and see for yourself. When there is a Muslim wrong doing there will not be any Muslim response against it. Muslim intellectuals are by and large silent against Muslim excesses though they get very excited when there is a Hindu wrong doing. Even when there are very rare Muslim responses against Muslim cruelty from one Aryadan Mohammed or another Hamid Chennamangaloor they are singled out and attacked by Muslim intellectuals. I do not know what is wrong with this so called Muslim intellectuals. May be they are victims of one dimensional grooming they get as children. Look at K.E.N. Kunhammed. Whatever, wherever, however, he writes there will invariably be some attack on Hindu extremism where as he never utters a word against Muslim bigotry. When there is a Hindu wrong doing there will be widespread out cries from every corner of Hindu society against it. When Mody promised a Gujrat model of a prosperous and riot free India people believed him. When his associates tried to bring in Talibanism the people of Delhi, one of their oldest bastions gave them a stern warning. That is the exposition of the magnificent Hindu soul.

49. anonymous

The author betrays her lack of knowledge of history and society. Chanting ‘secular’, ‘liberal’, ‘individual rights’ cannot make any society or government secular. People like her would leave the social progress among muslims to be paced according to the convenience of muslims. But they sermon the Hindus to accept secular values demanded by constitution. The author does not understand that a Muslim man including her husband has the privilege to love 4 women simultaneously. This right is drawn from muslim scriptures and no secular constitution can take it away from him. If her husband believes in monogamy, will he oppose polygamy among muslim men. People like her mistake being well-versed in English and aping the West to being intelligent.

1. Indian

WELL SAID SIR

50. Neetish

True stuff.
    In the dearth of actual reasons, media played it’s part highlighting the nonsense that some fringe hindu groups were doing and directly blamed the central government for that.

Never mind that all these groups have been existing much before 16th may. AAP can always conveniently pass off comments by it’s own co-founder as personal opinion and Modi should be blamed from what a significantly less important MP who faces disciplinary action for his ridiculous statement faces.

It’s clear that AAP won by creating this fear amongst the religious minorities, won’t be surprised if they planned the church attacks too, they were the only people who stood to gain by christian polarization against the central government.

51. alekh mallick

bullshit its a marriage or conversion machine i find always that once married religion supercedes over love

1. anku

Rightly said. Where does love come when religion is all the couple is concerned about and about which one of them will convert now or later when the childrren are born.

I was jus reading the article on Avijit Roy’s murder in Bangladesh. Is it not good that the author and her husband live in India

52. Ashwani

i think its totally fake n imaginary story bcoz its totally harassing n out of sense to which no one in hindu community likes i also don’t like such type of meaningless things n i give ultimatum to all of u i mean all of those who tries to hurt hindus but we r lions so plzz don’t create any type of meaningless comment by which there will be any missunderstanding in between u n us by which some people get too much harm

53. vivek

Please aswathy try challenging a maulana
    When dey make a nerdy statement n u ll be
    treated well by ur fellow
    Muslims in dis so called secular country where u can openly talk against da head of da
    nation

54. hitesh

Read the article your husband is only ashamed of his religion.your husband and aap make a great combo
    cause your husband’s religion and political party aap have same principles an cruel dark inside face.

55. indian

Fantastic article….
    Very true…
    When a hindu boy marries a muslim girl then it becomes love…and when a muslim boy marries a hindu girl then it become love jihad…
    Those so called hindu fanatics are only trying to devide the country..

1. Kaushik

Hi,

Have you seen any considerable no of muslim marrying hindu men?2-3 eg here and there doesnt count.

56. mahadevan

Really aswathy, you are that dumb. Who even lets idiots like you write articles. You are just another anti national terrorist albeit unknowingly. Hope AAP loses out soon and people like you have less guts to provoke anti national sentiments so openly.

57. Later

Ian seeing this happen in Hyderabad – Muslims reproducing at a very alarming and rapid rate , wherever I see they are there – with those hijabs and the usual dress for men !

This nation is doomed as in another 40 years it would have lots and lots of Muslims and I see that they will start marrying more and more Hindu women and convert them into their kind and produce 10 children each like animals ! But hey the seculars like it a lot !

58. Rahul

Extremely disappointing and biased article !
    Dear Mrs. Awasthy, It’s not the muslims but the so called SECULAR ”Hindu” people like you who are to be blamed for ruining India . CONG party people are such examples and Aap is moving in the same direction .

1. Elvin Baruah

AAP is not a single political party , it’s a group of revolutionary and revolutionary has no religion it’s has only extreme revolution mind. AAP never can be on same way like congress and BJP. If someone love someone then no one can stop anyone. #NoLoveJihaad its #LoveAffairs

59. Shriya

NICE ARTICLE

60. Jaque

LOl dumb communist
    /I know I will never understand how my husband feels when there is a bomb
    blast in some part of the world and the first suspect of the media is a Muslim organisation./
    LOL its a global reality if 8 or 9 out of 10 bomb blasts that happen around the world at public places were done by my community I
    Would only blame my community.

61. Jaque

LOl dumb communist
    Would only blame my community.
    If india with second largest population happen to be second country for Rape incidents after usa and indian men are rapists ..them
    muslims are terrorists. ..

62. alen

Dumb AAPtards as if there were no hindu muslim marriages before aap

63. Indian

No issue……………
    par ye q issue hota hia jab ek muslim women married to hindu family man
    par ye q issue hota hia jab ek muslim women dressup like hindu women
    par ye q issue hota hai ek muslim women movies out side with hindu men

Muslim male married to hindu women but why not muslim man mrried to hindu low call family ? only married to reach or standard family women ??
    why muslim man married to some special family women to married …………….. why muslim man married to hindu women and after married her name change like — reena to rabiy, sarita to sabana etc……………

where is LOVE .? Why after muslim family to change her name(hindu women) with rogin Religion to………….
    Why hindu women lost all identity after Married to mulim Family………..
    Why not Support to her husband to not change and her Child Name like Hindu Religion and why not muslim Family celebrate Hindu Festive……………..

after married all women must change all think…………………………………..

64. Vivek Garg

I can Appreciate the Writer only when She will not give the surname of his husband to his children aur Give the complete choice to her children to choose either religion aur surname and even right to change Name given by parents after completing 18 years of age …TIll That date Neither Appreciation not Any dislike for The writer …Any Further comment is on hold till Writer re-confirm my words in Action . Vivek Garg
    Egargs@gmail.com

65. Nitish Dutt

I want to know how your husband feels when Hindus were tortured, forcefully converted In Bangladesh, did he protest when a religion promotes four marriages for him at a time and only three letters to divorce his wifeat any point of time,
    how much he feels about when his friends at JNU shouted- India chur chur ho jayega Inshahallah.Inshallah.

66. Adarsh K. Hoizal

I really pity the author. A muslim guy has blinded her so much in love that she is in complete denial of the truth. Only when she confirms that all her children have turned 21 and all of them have adopted Hinduism, then I will accept that her husband really loves her. Otherwise it is pretty obvious that her husband’s sole intention behind marrying her was to produce muslim children in a Hindu womb. There is no love. It is only love jihad.

More from Aswathy Senan

By ananya rajawat

By Kanika Bhatia

By Sumbulkhan Khan