“Ladki Kare To Nude, Ladka Kare To Dude” – A 30 Second Ad That Exposes Our Double Standards

Posted on April 27, 2015 in Masculinity, Sexism And Patriarchy, Society, Taboos, Video, Women Empowerment

By Sanskriti Pandey:

What do you get when you put an ordinary situation in a room with some people and a Havells fan? An advert that will have you chuckle for a good minute! Havells is known to tackle common issues with subtlety in its quirky ads, and here’s a good one for you to watch.

Many people don’t recognise sexism in everyday things. Feminists gone crazy? Not really! This one deals with film certification. Who decides what qualifies as adult content, and is their rationalisation unintentionally sexist? This tongue-in-cheek ad is a must watch, and as it customarily promises – “Hawa Badlegi“.

To know more about what I think of this video, follow me on Twitter at @im_sanskriti.