This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Kanika Katyal. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

Who Run The World? 4 Indians Among Forbes’ 100 Most Powerful Women

More from Kanika Katyal

By Kanika Katyal:

Forbes brought out its 12th annual list of the 100 most powerful women that features extraordinary entrepreneurs, visionary CEOs, politicians, celebrity role models, billionaire activists and pioneer philanthropists who are “transforming the world” and have been “ranked by dollars, media presence and impact“.

forbes 100 most powerful women
Clockwise from top left: Arundhati Bhattacharya, Shobhana Bhartia, Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw, Chanda Kochhar

The top 10 in the list include German Vice Chancellor Angela Merkel (1), US presidential candidate Hillary Clinton (2), philanthropist Melinda Gates (3), GM CEO Mary Barra (5), Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff (7), Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg (8), YouTube CEO Susan Wojcicki (9) and US First Lady Michelle Obama (10).

SBI Chief Arundhati Bhattacharya has been ranked 30th, followed by ICICI Bank Head Chanda Kochhar at the 35th spot, Biocon founder Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw (85th). The newcomer on the list Shobhana Bhartia, HT Media Chair, is on the 93rd spot.

The SBI Chair-Managing director was ranked 36th last year and moved up six spots. Kochhar also moved up eight notches in the rankings, from the 43rd spot last year. Mazumdar-Shaw moved up from the 92nd spot.

59-year-old Bhattacharya, Chair-Managing director of State Bank of India, was named the first female (and youngest) chair at SBI in 2013. Forbes reported that she oversees 220,000 staff members in 16,000 branches and services 225 million customers at the country’s largest lender (assets $400 billion) with offices spread over 36 countries.

Recognizing the multiple roles of working women, Bhattacharya pioneered a two-year sabbatical policy for female employees taking maternity leave or to give extended care to family,” says Forbes.

On 53-year-old Chanda Kochhar, Forbes says, “As the managing director and CEO of India’s ICICI Bank, Chanda Kochhar oversees nearly $125 billion in assets and recently announced a 14% increase in profits over last year. She has been credited with leading a remarkable transformation at India’s largest private sector bank, which experienced major setbacks after the 2008 financial crisis.

Forbes notes that Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw founded Biocon in 1978, as a small industrial-enzymes company. Now Biocon is India’s largest publicly traded biopharmaceutical company, which had $460 billion in revenue last year and distributes its products in 85 countries around the world.

Shobhana Bhartia, who chairs HT Media, publisher of English daily Hindustan Times, a Hindi newspaper by the same name, and business paper Mint, has been hailed as a “media baroness” by Forbes.

Indra Nooyi, PepsiCo CEO, and Cisco Chief Technology and Strategy Officer Padmasree Warrior, who also made to the list are women of Indian origin.

Examined for years under the façade of conformity and image-driven superficiality, over the last decade, the power of an individuated Indian woman has become a force to reckon with. The presence of Indian women on the list, suggest not so much control as strength. All the women mentioned in the list serve as examples of collective growth and building, not only in their own respective quarters, but also with the growth of the nation as a whole. They do not endorse the control and command model of administration. Proudly representing Indian women on a global platform, they stand as world leaders imparting strength to others to stand on their own. With their success stories, they inspire others to chart out their own destinies built upon merit and persistence. More power to us!

1. B

For countless women, being a homemaker and motherhood is more prestigious than any award or recognition work outside the home brings. However, feminists are calling for more women to work outside the home, even if it comes at the expense of children, who are being left to grow in the care of nannies, day care centres, domestic help, in-laws, and babysitters. For a woman today, her status and career comes first, family later. Women are makers of families, but feminists want to break families, which is why they spew venom at the very thought of a woman being in the comfort and security of her home, and they lead women to believe, through false theories and notions, that they will be happier working outside the home.

It is a woman’s natural inclination to want love and protection. However, feminists don’t want women to follow their natural instincts because that would mean peace and harmony would prevail, which is detrimental for the feminist cause. Feminists want to divide and rule. They want to create a war between the sexes so that they can get attention and funding. In the early 1960s, it was the Rockefellers who funded feminism to send women in the workforce and earn tax dollars, today feminists are funded by governments, feminist activists, and various pro-feminist groups to keep their propaganda alive.

Women today are being sent in the army, work as firefighters, and in the police, but they are inapt when it comes to physical strength and stamina. Not only do they oppress their children by leaving them with in-laws, day care centers, babysitters, and domestic help, they also pose a danger to the people they are supposed to serve, as they cannot do a task with the same efficiency as men.

Feminism was funded by the Rockefellers in the early 1960s to send women in the workforce, so that the other half of the population could be taxed; it was a gimmick to control society and prey on wage earners. The entire base of feminism was founded on the basis of creating an imaginary world of inequality and patriarchy, where the bosses in control pitted men and women against each other, or more precisely, women against men, sat back, relaxed, and watched as their heinous game unfolded. The net result with women in the workforce was a generation of neglected children, havoc in families, and an increase in divorce rates – all the while mockery was made of the sacred institution of marriage while those in control collected their dollars.

It was necessary that a negative image of men was created by the media, as it furthered the agenda of feminists, because men-hating was a necessary part of the entire scheme of feminism to control and dominate. In a short span of 50 years, families have been destroyed, children have grown up with single parents, women have been targeted with an intense hatred of men, as love means marriage with a man, and that is detrimental for what feminism stands for. The idea of an arranged marriage is cringed upon, love marriages take the limelight, and with that comes the need for multiple transient sexual relationships, all the while the goal of feminists is propelled towards destruction of family life. The mass indoctrination has come with a huge cost, in which both men and women have suffered. While feminism talks about the liberation of women, it does the exact opposite.

1. Blam

Holy crap dude shut up.

2. Monistaf

I am happy to read this article and it is more proof that the system is open to anyone, man or woman, who has the resolve and the skills to make it. They didn’t need special reservations, quotas, privileged treatment or anything else to get them there, they are not oppressed, they are taken seriously, rewarded for their hard work, negotiated their own salaries and made it to the top on their own merits. When will we ever realize that equality under the law never has, and will never be a guarantee for equality of outcome. What we need to ensure is that the system is open and there is no discrimination so everyone has an equal opportunity to pursue their goals. I think, we are already there. Even though we have had women heads of state for 15 years and arguably even for the last 10 years, they are still fighting for 30% quota in the parliament, the government recently enforced a law that at least one board member of every publicly listed company in India has to be female and there are plenty more such ridiculous laws in the works. In Germany, Ms. Merkel says that at least 30% of the board of directors must be women. It is actually insulting to enforce quotas because it sends a message that you cannot make it on your own merit. This article from Forbes, shows that you can.

More from Kanika Katyal

By Sonal Prasad

By Ridhima Manocha

By Arshya