This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Krupa Joseph. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

10 Cartoons That Must Make A Come Back: Dexter, Johnny Bravo, Popeye And More!

More from Krupa Joseph

By Krupa Joseph

Sugar, spice, and everything nice!” I can bet that almost every 90s kid knows what these ingredients were meant to create – THE POWERPUFF GIRLS (Of course, not without the secret ingredient, Chemical X). The Powerpuff Girls was easily one of my favourite cartoons as a kid. Truth be told, I used to watch them even after I grew way past the “appropriate age“. That is precisely why the news that there is a new version of Powerpuff Girls all set to ‘save the day’ from next year made me ecstatic and quite nostalgic.

Cartoons have always been a huge part of growing up, in all parts of the world. Rushing back from school or rushing to finish your homework just so you could watch your favourite cartoon is something every child must have done at some point. No matter how old you get, the cartoons you watched as a child will always hold a special place in your heart.

Here are 10 cartoons that really deserve to make a comeback for being witty, humorous and just lovable.

1. Dexter’s Laboratory: The squabbles between Dexter and Dee Dee is something all siblings could relate to. He even engaged in a rivalry with his neighbour and genius, Mandark. Apart from being able to make us laugh till our sides ached, this show taught us that science can be fun (If we owned a lab, as well). Watching the boy genius mess up his experiments thanks to his meddlesome sister is something I wouldn’t miss for the world.

2. The Addams Family: The Addams Family is probably the most dysfunctional family that there ever was. Despite their weirdness, they were extremely lovable. Wednesday and Pugsley’s rivalry and Uncle Fester’s antics, the family dances are some of the things that made the show so memorable.

3. Captain Planet And The Planeteers: Captain Planet is probably one of the most educative super-hero that there was. With a dry sense of humour and weakness towards pollution, this super-hero taught children why we should protect the environment. In an age of environmental crises, reviving this cartoon would be a great way to reach out to the next generation.

4. Flintstones: Set in a fantasy Stone Age of dinosaurs and woolly mammoths where cavemen had cars and listened to records, this cartoon was unlike any other. The friendship between the Flintstones and the Rubbles was always extremely endearing to watch.

5. The Jetsons: Just like Flintstones, ‘The Jetsons’ also showcased American Life in a completely different era, except this time, it was set in the future. The Jetsons lived in the year 2062 where they had flying cars and robots as maids. Life was easy because they had so many machines (that somehow always broke down) which were meant do all the chores for them. The show was whimsical and quite sadly ended soon. It would be great to revive the show considering 2062 is still a distant future.

6. Popeye The Sailor Man: He was “strong to the finich”, ’cause he ate his spinach. I am sure all parents used this argument when their children wouldn’t eat their veggies, as Popeye always beat his nemesis Bluto and save Olive Oyl only after he had his can of greens.

7. Scooby Doo: This cartoon not only taught us the importance of friendship and team spirit, but also that all monsters are man itself. The confusion and chaos that followed while they tried to chase the various ghosts and monsters made us all laugh. While there have been various revivals of the cartoon already, this is one cartoon I think no one will ever grow tired of.

8. Rugrats: The adventures of Tommy, Chuckie, Phil, Lil and Angelica (and her Cynthia doll) can never be forgotten. These mischief makers that made us laugh till we cried must definitely make a comeback soon.

9. Johnny Bravo: The cartoon series showed the attempts of the very hunky Johnny to woo women that always ended in him getting beaten up. I guess, in its own way it was trying to get across the message that women should be treated with respect. Or maybe even that you must have a better game plan when trying to hit on a woman. It would be amazing to see this old show revived.

10. Johnny Quest: Johnny Quest along with his dog Bandit, and his adopted brother Hadji, would always go on the most unusual adventures with his father, who was a scientist. They would travel all around the world to study and investigate strange legends and mysteries in exotic locations. Action packed and filled with scientific knowledge, Johnny Quest was one of the coolest cartoons there could be.

1. Renil D’souza

I totally agree. These cartoons are part of some of my best childhood memories. Strangely enough I still enjoy them. Maybe it’s because I am still a kid at heart. I really wish kids of today get to see them like I did. Cartoons of today are exceedingly dumb or are full of violence. Ireally have a hard time explaining this to my niece and nephews. Guess what their favourite cartoon is-Oggy and the cockroaches.
    That is why I don’t know how these cartoons will be if done by today’s cartoon people. You simply can’t improve upon classics.
    I know I should get a life. I just couldn’t help it when I came across this article. Thanks for the memories.

More from Krupa Joseph

By Taha Iqbal

By Hemraj P