Jab Tak Rahega Samose Mein Aaloo, I Wish You Happy Birthday Lalu!

Posted on June 11, 2015 in Media

By Kanika Katyal

Jiya hey Bihar ke lala,
Jiya tu hazaar saala!

Happy Birthday Lalu ji!

Lalu Prasad Yadav, erstwhile CM of Bihar, is one of the most interesting and entertaining politicians of our times. From giving a talk at Harvard to coming up with the most catchy election campaign slogans like, “Jab tak samosa mein rahega aalu, Bihar mein rahega Lalu,” he’s done it all.

Starting out as ‘maati ka laal’, he rose to become one of India’s most successful Railway Ministers, with the Railways recording profits for the first time in their history during his tenure.

He has also delivered some of the most ingenious arguments, “Indian Railways is the responsibility of Lord Vishwakarma. So is the safety of passengers… It is His duty, not mine. I have been forced to don His mantle.

From the man who defines ‘Dabanggiri‘, just like Salman wo bhi, ‘dil mein aate hain, samajh mein nahin.’
Known for his humour, he also gives you some really good gyaan. Sample this:

“My mother always told me not to handle a buffalo by its tail, but always catch it by its horns. And I have used that lesson in everything in my life, including the Railways.”

View post on imgur.com

“I do not rule out the possibility of being prime minister of India one day, but there is still time.”

View post on imgur.com

“I work so much. If I don’t get all the comforts, I will turn mad.”

View post on imgur.com

“If you do not milk the cow fully, it falls sick.”

“People all over the world want to know how the son of a cowherd has risen to such heights. Their interest in me is a victory of Indian democracy.”

View post on imgur.com

“In politics, everybody is free to choose his friends and allies.”

“Why should I tell you where I am going to get funds from? If I were to do that, then all the vested interests would get alerted. You must be aware that railways are full of such elements and my fight is against them.”

“Everyone should play their role in tearing down the wall of hatred.”

View post on imgur.com