This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Maitri Dore. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

“She Distracted Me!”

More from Maitri Dore

maitri rat illustration

Nobel Laureate Tim Hunt recently made sexist comments about female scientists being a “trouble” in the lab, saying that “… You fall in love with them, they fall in love with you and when you criticise them, they cry”. One wonders whether his lab rats are afflicted with the same syndrome.

1. B

There is just as much violence against men as there is against women. Men, generally, do not report violence by women because it is embarrassing and considered unmanly to do so. Furthermore, you can also be a victim of death threats from feminists if you dare raise your voice against domestic violence perpetrated by women (Google Erin Pizzey).

People sympathize with women’s causes because of the hype in the media about violence against women, and the media selectively chooses to represent issues of one gender only due to the element of attention associated with it. It is almost as though violence against men does not exist (Please search ‘domestic violence against men’, ‘sexism against men’, and ‘misandry in the media’ in YouTube and Google).

The draconian laws in India have done nothing to further the cause of men, as a woman only needs to point a finger at a man to land him in jail over false allegations of rape, dowry, assault, domestic abuse, molestation, etc. Women do this without a care in the world about a man’s life, future, career, family, reputation, life, etc.

Men are always at the receiving end, men are victimized, tormented, and traumatized, and it is not surprising that suicide by men is escalating in India. A man in India commits suicide every 6 minutes. Twice as many men commit suicide as compared to women in India.

As for equality, why is it that women always look to marry men richer than them, earning more than them, live in their husbands house, drive their husbands car, shop with their husband’s money, eat at restaurants with husband’s pay, buy jewellery with husband’s income, and live luxuriously courtesy of their husbands. For women today, a husband is an ATM, driver, porter, and dildo.

If feminists are really concerned about women’s rights, they should be raising their voices against the abuse by mothers-in-law, who are the biggest perpetrators of violence against women, not to mention daughters-in-law, who poison their husbands minds against family members, and sisters-in-law, who have mastered the art of family politics.

And while we are at it, we can also talk about the psychological abuse by mothers-in-law on sons-in-law, which is unheard and unspoken of, as men are not considered human beings in a misandrist Indian society, or any society for that matter.

2. ItsJustMe

First of all he meant it as a joke. His wife is a feminist and she confirms this. Secondly isn’t forcing him to resign from the university and denying 1000s of students the knowledge a Nobel Laureate can bring to the table enough. Do you have to keep on harassing him till he dies. Are you people trying to get an emotional apology from him like you did with Dr Matt Taylor (for wearing a shirt)? Get a job and life, do something at least remotely as incredible as any of these men. People like you disgust me. I feel terrible sharing this planet with you all and breathing the same air as you all

3. himanshu

Hunting is an amazing thing but hunting from a long range is really appreciable.

More from Maitri Dore

By Ganita

By Love Matters India

By Bidisha Bhatacharya