INFOGRAPHIC: The 5 Most Dangerous Countries For Women – Are You Living In One Of Them?

Posted on September 17, 2015 in GlobeScope, Society

By Asmita Sarkar:

According to a World Bank report, India is among the top five emerging economies. It is also among the top five dangerous countries for women. According to a Thomson Reuters Foundation report, India, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Somalia, and Congo feature on this list. The six critical issues looked at were health, discrimination, sexual violence, non-sexual violence, cultural and trafficking.

The data reveals a dismal state of affairs in the five countries, all of which belong to South Asia or Africa, and are emerging or underdeveloped economies. While 95% girls between the age of 4 and 11 suffer from genital mutilation in Somalia, 50 million women have gone missing due to infanticide and foeticide in India; 87% of Afghan women are still illiterate. In Pakistan, 90% women are victims of domestic abuse; In Congo, 1152 women are the victims of sexual violence every day!

Via Hyperakt.