By Asmita Sarkar:
It has been a year since the launch of the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan, and it’s time to take stock of the progress. The report card on India would show a large red mark over the score that the campaign has received. With only 20-25% progress of the many goals like 25 lakh individual toilets, organised waste disposal it’s far from being complete.
While the mission to clean India has largely failed in curbing open defecation and unorganised waste disposal, there are many more things that India could do without, which we haven’t been talking about. At Youth Ki Awaaz, we were curious about what you wanted India to be clean of, beyond open defecation, so we asked you about it on our Facebook page here.
Here’s a list of some of the most interesting reactions, from over 170 comments:
1. Amar Singh: Sasural Simar Ka, voice of Arnab Goswami, tweets of KRK, songs of Honey Singh, movies of Farah and Sajid Khan, all Pandit jyotish who sit on every channel daily at late night and early morning.
2. Anoop Jain: India should be clean of politicians (read: BJP members) that incite communal violence.
3. Ashok George: Fekus. No more fekus. In fact we need more Wendy Donigers, Romila Thapar and Amartya Sen. Dearth of liberals is death of democracy.
4. Neelam Singh: Hatred, jealousy, ego and all such words that are nothing but toxic human emotions! Besides living in a clean comfy environment, one should have a good mental health. On Swachh Bharat Divas every individual should be gifted a bin, safety kit and sanitizers for FREE!
5. Chinar Sood: India should be clean of corruption, such stupid politicians, bloody creepy minds (rapists), pollution, fake (dhongi baba). It doesn’t only stops here…List doesn’t end.
6. Anuj Yadav: Please please please. Clean the candy crush request which I get daily on fb!!!
7. Ameya Dixit: Hot guys. Gives ugly guys like me a chance to have our day in the sun. If not that then corruption is fine too.
8. Kount Drakula: Cleaning the mind would be great. Cleaning the street is propaganda by Modi. If there is no clean mind what would clean streets do.
9. Sankar Ghosh: India to be cleaned of everything to make it Bharat.
10. Nitesh Tamta: Extremism of every kind: linguistic, religious, regional, sexist, casteist, racist or political or other kind of extremism.
11. Priyanshu Kumawat: Worst behaviour of Police men.
12. Mukund Choudhary: Everywhere prevailing lobby British minds be cleared to increase nationality. Because people have become selfish and always beating chest only for their welfare.
13. Nandini Arora: Gender discrimination. Against both men and woman. Rapes and false accusations, at the same time. Religious intolerance. Moral policing. There is so much that the country needs to achieve.
14. Apurba Mistry: “To mera kya? ” attitude se chutkara chahta hu.
15. Faisal Shahid: India should be clean of extremist groups who kill humans for Animals. #Poor #Modi