7 Scientific Reasons That Kindness Is The Key To Happiness

By Abhishek Saini:

Kindness is a universal language that transcends race, religion, ethnicity and nationality. To some, the world is filled with war, hatred, violence and hopelessness. But together we have the power to fill this world with kindness, trust, hope and love.

Here are seven scientific facts why the act of kindness is healthier and happier choice:

1. Like most antidepressants, kindness stimulates the production of serotonin. Serotonin heals your wounds, calms you down, and makes you happy.

2. Kindness boosts serotonin in the giver, the receiver, and everyone who witnesses it.

3. Every act of kindness spreads through three degrees of separation.

4. Engaging in acts of kindness produces endorphins, the brain’s natural painkiller. Endorphins are three times more effective than morphine.

5. Being kind produces oxytocin in your system, which promotes social bonding, exerts an immediate calming effect, increases trust and generosity, strengthens the immune system, and boosts virility.

6. Compassionate people have 2x the amount of DHEA, which slows down aging.

7. Compassionate people have 23% less cortisol, the infamous stress hormone.

Never doubt that a small group of committed people can change the world, indeed, it is the only thing that ever has”, Margaret Mead had said.

Dance for Kindness by Life Vest Inside, a NPO, is committed to spreading the message of kindness in the hearts and minds of the global community; inviting them to see just how fun, easy and accessible kindness truly is. The purpose of World Kindness Day, celebrated on 13th November, by kindness NGOs around the world, is to look beyond the boundaries of our country, our culture, our race, our religion, and realize that we are citizens of the world. This year Those In Need, a Delhi based NGO, along with Life Vest Inside is hosting a flash mob on 8th November in Delhi to further their cause. To be a part of their project, click here.