This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by kenneth_waldman. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

9 To 5 Ain’t Your Thing? Here Are 5 Reasons Why Freelancing Might Suit You Better

By Kenneth Waldman

Carrie-carrie-bradshaw-sex and the cityFreelancing has really taken the world by storm, especially in the last decade or so, and it is definitely here to stay. In fact, it seems set to become a way of the future and a manner in which clients and contractors will interact from now on. However, freelancing still remains a mystery to most people who aren’t sure whether or not they should try their hand at it. This is the reason why I’ve created a list of 5 crucial reasons on why you should become a freelancer.

1. Work Whenever You Want

The standard model of being in an office nine-to-five and then going home is proving itself as too constrictive for some people, as they may be able to make the most of their creative capacities and increase their productivity by taking on a different approach. If you fall into that category, you will find that freelancing allows for a great deal of flexibility in that aspect, as you can create your own schedule.

2. Choose Any Location

Saving up the time you would spend going to and from work on a daily basis is just one of the perks of being a freelancer. Although the majority of freelancers works from home, you can mix it up a bit every once in a while and change your work environment. You can get the job done while being in a park, or at your favourite hangout spot, or even while are on the move and travelling.

3. You Are the Boss

You will no longer have a boss over your head, barking orders at you. You will be free to choose the clients you’ll be working with, as well as projects that are best-fitted to your skills, and which pay your desired rate. You are in charge of every aspect of your freelance career, which requires great responsibility, but also offers many rewards.

4. Command Your Own Salary

Apart from the occasional raise, you are pretty much stuck when it comes to increasing your income if you work a regular job. When you’re a freelancer, the amount of money you are able to earn is only limited by the amount of time and effort you put into all of your projects. You can raise your rates, increase your work load, or even both, in case you need additional funds.

5. More Tax Deductions

Seeing as you are your own boss and you run own business, you may be able to deduct costs just like a company would, and that includes tax deductions for travelling, expenses for your broadband and cellphone service providers, meals, as well as any other costs that are considered normal by any business standard. The best way to inform yourself about this is to hire a financial expert, who will be able to tell you a lot more on the subject.

In addition, I think that you could also take the time and visit some of the top sites for freelance jobs and see if they are the right fit for you:

1. FreelancerCareers.com This website is aimed at freelance writers and editors. Choose from a number of different writing categories and find one that matches your skill set. They hire grant, resume, and dissertation writers, as well as copywriters.

2. Writers.ph If you’re a talented writer, Writers.ph offers you a chance to write reviews, legal articles, reports, and case studies, among others.

3. EssayWriters.net Academic writers won’t have to look for their first writing gig for very long after they visit this website, which offers new jobs every day, at good rates.

4. Upwork.com It’s pretty hard to beat the largest online workplace of them all. Formerly known as oDesk, Upwork connects millions of freelancers with top-notch clients from all industries.

5. Freelancer.com Yet another great online marketplace where you can find jobs if you’re a writer, designer, software engineer, voice actor, illustrator, or an architect.

6. AsiaWriters.com Freelance writing is a popular career choice in Asia, so if you are from India, Pakistan, China, or the Philippines, check out this website.

7. Jobs.ProBlogger.net ProBlogger’s job board is one of the best places to find high-paying gigs and reputable clients.

8. OnlineWritingJobs.com Earn top dollar as a freelance writer through this online platform, grow your reputation, and demand an even better rate.

1. Will

Thank you i enjoyed it ! Its quite rare thing to find an article that actually encourages people to go freelance and experience a whole new and different way of working. I would only like to add http://news.freelancingamerica.com/ to the websites, a website that provides useful and entertaining articles, tips , apps , jobs and etc. on freelancing in America.

More from kenneth_waldman

By Internshala

By Poorvi Tiwari

By Ranjit Kumar