This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Ankita Mukhopadhyay. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

14 Photos That Show The Other Side Of Modi’s UK Welcome That The Media Didn’t Show You

More from Ankita Mukhopadhyay

By Ankita Mukhopadhyay:

This year, Prime Minister Modi has created more waves abroad than in his own country. In the rising tide of opposition against his Government for its growing intolerance and BJP’s massive loss in the Bihar elections, Modi decided to again avoid the hard questions and head off for another foreign trip – this time to the United Kingdom.

Amidst a massive crowd of 60,000 people in UK’s Wembley stadium, Modi pledged to remove poverty and revive the glory of ‘Bharat’ and Prime Minister of the UK David Cameron seemed more than eager to circulate Modi’s charismatic image to those willing to buy it.

But, not everybody was happy about Modi’s visit. Outside the lines of the Wembley stadium, people from various groups protested against Modi’s visit, in fact the vision of Modi itself. Awaaz network created a stir by putting up a message on the Westminster Palace in London saying, ‘Modi Not Welcome’, with a Swastika symbol beside it. Various other groups like the South Asia Solidarity Group, Sikh Federation UK, Southall Black Sisters, Dalit Solidarity Network UK, Indian Muslim Federation, Indian Workers Association, Muslim Parliament, Voice of Dalit International and even Nepalese protestors took to the streets of London on 12th November, to protest against Modi’s arrival. Their grievances ranged from Modi’s pardon for the 2002 riots, to the Cobrapost revelations of massacre of Dalits in Bihar.

Below are some photographs of the various protests held in and around UK on 12th November, which you probably won’t see in the mainstream media:

1. Deepanker

In case you missed it out, all the protesting ‘Kashmiris you showed there were from Pakistan Occupied Kashmir’ and Pakistan has a long history of using them as tools of protest to internationalize the Kashmir issue which they are reluctant to solve in one-to-one conferences and summits.

2. Srinivas

There were about 20,000 Indians cheering for Modi inside the auditorium, and few thousand waiting outside
    and watching large screen TVs, when Modi visited San Jose.
    Interestingly, my wife’s company was approached by a Pakistani seeking “support” for the protests against Modi’s persecution of
    Sikhs(!) and minorities(!)
    You see the same pattern, there was a video that went viral where Tejinder Singh Bagga exposes a Pakistani lady who
    wants him to “protest”, against aggression in Kashmir.
    When an elephant walks in town, dozens of dogs barking around, you always see that. Surprisingly, this “Youth” forum,
    hasn’t written one single positive article about India, Indian youth, one single upbeat article about the direction for
    the country, in the past one year that I have been reading. I can see where your paymasters are, I can see who they are.
    Carry on, barking dogs. You are the modern day Jaichands. Your Master, Raoul Vinci, pays you well, I hope.

3. ksheer

y protesting in uk coward people .come to india and protest please.whatever image they are creating is fully bullshit .they are those people who are obsessed with india like pakistan media is or dey hav watched lotsof pak media channels on youtube who have taken the tender of critisizing india

4. Bharat

Just to tell you, Kashmir issue is before Modi.. your common sense seems to miss simple sense.
    Killing of Sikhs happened during Congress and it was RSS/BJP who supported/saved Sikhs.. Read Khushwant Singh
    Further, those who are protesting are the one who will neverprotest
    against killing done by their peace lover monsters..
    They are the one who are extremist and will be happy when you will be beheaded
    just because you will write against them. You guys use fake name and are actually trying to show yourself
    as intellectuals, without having any common sense..One of my friend says, pseudo-Intellectuals are the
    one who keep raping common sense. You guys are curse to peace… First go and protest against your
    people.. who are killing millions along the globe..

More from Ankita Mukhopadhyay

By Bidisha Bhatacharya

By Raj Iyre

By Yash Johri