This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Lipi Mehta. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

‘Coz A Man Can Cook For His Wife Too: 2 Min Ad Blasts The ‘Arranged Marriage’ Stereotype

More from Lipi Mehta

By Lipi Mehta:

When one thinks of a typical arranged marriage setup in India, one imagines two families, probably meeting for the first time, discussing the ‘skills’ of the woman (presumably in the kitchen) and talking about what the man does for a living. Maybe even throw in some chai and samosa in this setting and there you have it. But what happens when this doesn’t go as one would usually expect? That’s where this new ad by BIBA comes in. It aims to turn the ‘ladki dekhne aaye hain’ stereotype on its head and emphasizes how there are two people involved in a marriage, both of whom should assume equal responsibility for the years to come.

The one downside to this ad? I  wish the man and the woman themselves had gotten a word to say in the whole situation! Nevertheless, this is definitely a step in the right direction and I approve wholeheartedly.

BIBA – Change The Convention #ChangeIsBeautifulShe didn’t want to spend the rest of her life with a stranger. She didn’t want to adhere to what was expected of her. She was pleasantly surprised by what was to follow – watch the whole story unfold here. #ChangeIsBeautiful

Posted by BIBA on Tuesday, 29 December 2015

What did you think of the add? Comment below or tweet to me @lipi_meh

1. Neha Kapoor

WOW! Just wow!
    I have seen many advertisements made to break those typical gender notions and drag your thinking to a new level. That doesn't mean they weren't good and thoughtful enough. But this one is something which actually touched my heart somewhere. Loved every bit of it.

2. Bob Harvey

When you are posting socially important items, please add a descriptive explanation – or (better still) subtitles.
    Thanks for a nice piece.

3. B

In an arranged marriage, a man is asked how much he earns, what car he drives, which house he owns, his savings, job prospects, what he can afford etc. He is already an ATM and financial slave. After spending a whole day at work, returning exhausted to run and buy groceries, pay the bills, see the mechanic, attendu guests, visit the doctor, rush to the petrol pump, call the electrician, and dozens of other errands he must now also cook. Wow!

4. G.L.

God has given a masculine role for men outside the house and a feminine role for women inside the house. Do not mess with nature, you will pay a heavy price. We are already witnessing skyrocketing divorce rates and family problems due to retarded feminist theories.

5. Spider-Man

Feminism is about the supremacy of women over men, nothing more. Asking a man to cook is the height of idiocy. Ek aadmi saara din office mein khoon pasina bahaata hai, ghar mein to uska khoon mat chooso.

6. Jigsaw

Why didn't the prospective groom's father ask the girl's parents about how “well-settled” she is, her career, and how much she would contribute financially?

GET RID OF YOUR DOUBLE STANDARDS.

7. Daredevil

Why wasn't the girl asked, “kamati kitna hai”?

8. lol

Women are so selfish. It is always about what women need and never about what men need.

9. Jigsaw

And why isn't the girl asked how much she earns, what car she drives, her salary, savings, job, whether she is well-settled or not?

10. Batman

Its hilarious how it is always about women, and never about men. Feminism is about male slavery and female supremacy and dominance. It is not surprising that more and more men today are refusing to get married, and countless girls sit at home unmarried, having crossed the age of 30 because no man wants to marry the product of feminism.

11. G.L.

Ask her if she is wiling to pay alimony, child support and will part with half of her property (if she has any) in case of a divorce?

12. B

Most women either don't work or contribute 10% financially by working as school teachers or other low paying jobs. Then they cry gender wage gap, want equality, and now they want men to cook! Feminism has broken many families apart and caused divorces. They are also against religion because God has decided a very beautiful, systematic, balanced, and harmonious way of living where the husband works outside the home and the wife works inside the home. This does not sit well with feminists and the cult known as feminism. With the progress of feminism, divorce rates have skyrocketed. It has also made women very violent, and the media does a great job of hiding the bruised images of men.

13. Bankimchandra Desai

.કલમ કડછી અને બરછી… બરછી તો કમરેથી જીભ પર આવી ગઈ અને મરદ મૂછાળા હવે કડછી હાથમાં લેતાં શરમાતા નથી ! હોટલનું નામ દો ખાનસામો મરદ જ હશે !

14. sunni

when a man meets a women like this
    he just wants to run away for his & his family members life & safety.

15. sunni

now-a-days feminism aka feminazis/man hating cult is very deep rooted in society, law, judiciary.
    so far i have found most of the articles on this website youthkiawaaz showing feminist/misandrist articles
    However, i also found that, there are many readers, who are intelligent enough, to understand the
    role of these pseudo-feminist articles & websites.

More from Lipi Mehta

By Vivek Verma

By Taha Iqbal