In This 2 Minute Ad, A Pregnant Woman Blasts Through The Sexism Women Face At Workplace

Posted on December 5, 2015 in Sexism And Patriarchy, Society, Taboos, Video, Women Empowerment

By Artika Raj:

You know what’s harder than being a woman? Being a working woman. And to top that, if you’re a woman who is pregnant, you might as well kiss your future up the corporate ladder goodbye.

Workplace discrimination against women comes in many forms. Not the least of which is when a woman decides to take time off to have a child. Legal as maternity leave might be, in the workplace arena it’s just that time when a woman is not a ‘worthy asset’ anymore, ‘performing inefficiently’ if at all and possibly lost to ‘family life’ forever. So why invest in her?!

Even though it’s illegal to ask a woman to give up her job if she’s pregnant, countless companies find other coercive ways to make her do so.

This bold and powerful ad shuts those down who think a pregnant woman is somehow ‘handicapped’. What she is, is a powerhouse you can’t deal with.