Watch: Author Avirook Sen On Unveiling Mysteries Of Aarushi Talwar’s Murder In His Book

Posted on January 26, 2016 in Interviews, Video

By Manira Chaudhary:

The Aarushi-Hemraj murder case is inarguably one of the biggest mysteries the country has ever encountered. In 2008, 14-year-old Aarushi Talwar, the daughter of dentists Nupur and Rajesh Talwar, and 45-year-old Hemraj, Talwars’ house help were found murdered at the Talwar residence in Noida. A long and complicated trial followed along with a salacious media coverage. The length of the trial was fraught with stories, allegations and conjectures popularized by mainstream media and worsened by heightened public interest.

Avirook Sen, an investigative journalist, also covered the case for two years for Mumbai Mirror before he decided to write a book on it. The book spells out the progression of the case in minute detail – some that the book claims were overlooked by the police and the CBI.

Watch this exclusive interview with Sen wherein he talks about his reasons for writing the book ‘Aarushi’, the wrongs that the mainstream media committed while covering the case, journalistic ethics, and more.