The Marketing Team Of Film ‘Kyaa Kool Hain Hum 3’ Sent This To Us. And We’re Just Horrified

By YKA Staff

Welcome to ‘Indian culture’ because the following is what the Censor board will probably pass for public viewing (with some cuts). But James Bond kiss nahi karega! (James Bond shouldn’t kiss!) This is stuff that the marketing team of the film – ‘Kyaa Kool Hain Hum 3‘ – sent to us saying “we would like to upload on your website as the latest movie masala.” And after being horrified by it, we did decide to share it just so to show our readers how films and their ‘promotions’ work.

What to say except that really, in times when we are finally taking the progressive first steps in Indian cinema (Masaan, Dum Laga Ke Haisha, Queen etc), there is still this $%^& to deal with.

According to a report, the Indian film industry is set to earn a staggering 160.2 billion rupees in domestic box office revenues by 2018. A multi-million dollar industry, films have been known to earn almost 600% of their original cost of making, once released. That’s a huge amount that these films make with the money coming out from us, the viewer’s pocket. So in a way, we are also the people encouraging this industry to thrive. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. But at what point does entertainment cease being ‘entertainment’ and becomes just a collusion of mindless stereotypes, stinking humor, slapstick drama that is of the worst kind and more disgusting than funny? This movie isn’t the only one, there are so many others like it that scar our viewing experience (Mastizaade, we’re looking at you).

Of course, the choices are subjective but surely there is a base standard that exists. And one that we all are responsible for maintaining.

We cannot really move into the 21st century if pop culture, which is such a huge influencer, continues to revel in the same filth year after year. There is no ‘mass appeal’ in propagating patriarchal and sexist ideas for a few easy bucks.

We apologize for sharing what the marketing team sent to us, but it is our way of hoping to make people, including the filmmakers, realise that this nonsense will continue as long as we are a ready audience for it. Let’s stop. Please.

4

7

8

9

14

1. RAJESH

absolutely… these kind of movies are useless. INDIA is becoming unsafe day by day for women and movies like this must be totally banned because,70% of the youth are still blind followers of movies without understanding the difference between reel n real life which may posses a threat to safety of women. the final result will be pervert minded people. Hatestory series describes extra marital affairs and using and making women a sex slave. i dont know why people, on one side protest against violence against woemn, especially youth and on the other side they support such shitty movies. Comedy is good but sex comedy must have some limit.these types of movies are simply a waste. may be, these kind of movies help in buying daily food for thushar kapoor, but India is not Thushar… 😛
    good move by sensor board.

2. Manpreet

I understand your logic behind why movies like Queen and more are required in India. Indian cinema needs more variety, more talent and not just those bollywood masala movies that sell.
    But what I don't understand is that why do we need to oppose and condemn what people are doing? Was it wrong that someone decided to make a movie which didn't go with that amazing theme movies like Queen had? I mean, why not just treat everything equally and then see what masses decide?

1. Rebel4gud

Films and film makers have got certain obligations and responsibilities towards their viewers , other than just entertaining them . they have got the rightful duty to spread the right message to the masses.and clearly this movie is not capable of doing that.The movie portrays women as an idol of sex and pervertism and what more can be immoral than showing a teacher as a sex symbol in the movie.

3. Sowmya

Progressive Indian cinema is a myth. Someone has to say it. People will always go for no-brainer non sense than sensible movies. There I said it!

4. Pratik

This is a prudish, hypocritical piece. How is this different from Sanghi nonsense about purity and taste? YKA catering to the progressive sanghis?

1. Niks

Whats a sanghi non-sense according to you mr. liberal?

5. pallavi sharma

YKA, I understand why this seems offensive, but by pushing for censorship on garbage, we will be in a way, supporting the very idea of censorship. What may be done instead is allowing public the liberty to decide what they want to consume and at the same time, integrate the so to speak progressive works of recent vintage in pop culture. Hopefully, the way we idolize Raj-Simran from DDLJ today, we will idolize Rani from Queen in a few years, if the buzz continues.

6. Nikita

Kyaa Kool Hain Hum 3 is one the most entertaining movie from Bollywood. The Trailer of the movie gone viral. We are waiting for the Kyaa Kool Hain Hum 3 Box Office Collection.

By Tapesh Upadhyay

By Vanita Ganesh

By Himanshu Pandey