#NewsInTweets: 100 Netaji Files To Be Declassified, Modi Breaks Silence On Rohith Vemula

Posted on January 23, 2016 in News

By YKA Staff

What’s the latest around the world today? Curated for you from the interwebz, here’s a quick morning fix to keep you updated. In 140 characters at that! Presenting, #NewsInTweets:

1. On the 119th birthday anniversary of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose, PM Modi to declassify 100 of his secret files today.

2. PM Modi breaks silence on Rohith Vemula’s suicide. Says politics aside, a mother (and Mother India) lost her son, can imagine the pain.

3. Karan Johar speaks out on the growing intolerance in the country at the Jaipur Literature Festival. Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal supports his remarks.

4. Five dead and 2 injured in a school shooting in Canada, the worst in decades.

5. Sambia Sohrab, the main accused in the Kolkata hit and run case, confessed that he was driving the Audi that killed an IAS officer during a Republic Day Parade rehearsal.

6. NASA shares photos, updates of a massive winter storm from space.

7. A melting ice sheet in Greenland could affect the climate of Europe and North America.