By YKA Staff:
What’s the latest around the world today? Curated for you from the interwebz, here’s a quick morning fix to keep you updated. In 140 characters at that! Presenting, #NewsInTweets:
1. Sushma Swaraj says Rohith Vemula was not a Dalit, but his death was turned into a communal incident by some people.
2. Kolkata Sessions Court sentences 3 convicts of the Kamduni gangrape and murder case to death and 3 to life imprisonment.
3. Delhi PWD Minister Satyendar Jain calls for an urgent meeting at his residence to discuss the MCD workers strike. He forms a task force where 100 trucks with 10 workers each are deployed to clean the city.
4. After three medical students of SVS College committed suicide over alleged exorbitant fee demands, CM Jayalalitha ordered the transfer of the yoga and naturopathy students of the institute to a state-run college. This was done “considering the welfare” of the students, according to a press release.
5. Pakistan will make Pathankot probe report public soon, Nawaz Sharif says they will find out if Pak soil was used to launch the attack.
6. A 21-year-old alleged rape victim from Bhilai was found hanging in her room. In her suicide note, she wrote, “If I die, nobody will call me a prostitute anymore.” Her note also spoke of her loss of faith in the Indian judicial system.
7. #LePanga: Star Sports Pro Kabaddi begins with defending champions U Mumba winning their first match.
8. Kolkata air is toxic, finds a study by Centre For Science and Environment.
Youth Ki Awaaz is an open platform where anybody can publish. This post does not necessarily represent the platform's views and opinions.