In Photos: Over 5000 ‘Anti-Nationals’ March To Jantar Mantar In Solidarity With JNU

Posted on February 18, 2016 in PhotoNama, Society

By YKA Staff, Photos by Artika Raj and Rohini Banerjee:

On February 18, thousands marched from Mandi House to Jantar Mantar in Delhi in solidarity with JNU students, and demanding the release of JNUSU President, Kanhaiya Kumar. The atmosphere was “electric” as YKA’s Managing Editor Artika Raj said, who was present at the protest. Around 5000 people from all walks of life had gathered to keep democracy alive and fight for the right to dissent. Many even carried flowers, as a symbol of peace. With placards that read “Those who disagree with you – don’t call them anti-national” and “We stand by Constitution, we stand for dissent”, the energy at the protest was infectious, to say the least.

Among those who attended and addressed the crowd were Kavitha Krishnan, Secretary, AIPWA, Shahla Rashid, VP of the JNU Students Union and Sucheta De, National President, AISA.

Take a look at the protest in photos.

AgkhXcPQ7RtWsaTbXkUkVk5vA06nM-1wfkQX6rLkDd04

AhsL7emaZvW63CsHgOu3Lu_kAfRiGxq1KiG5d7fQgjm-

AhxmnDgUun5DTK66HUFP2k-Xhg8y63XW22mPcuASllw6

AiUF3J2iF52D7JAOu6zCgLMAovulQJVj2LySZgCPmNsG

Ak8s9luofmdicHmJnDa23MhHcHzziF6eW5OyIMwkIOPE

AkrDGJUSnLmENZtHXUTYgKVPwbEPO-9Num5fV9nXkM8J

AkgDsHAKVut7t9teiS8VPiFH-33m_iXuM42xscoR6d3Y

AsxNpFYSSnNn40Gaxqdhlqu_SV-UP6pPDRQ_Lfy6pvpL

AvIsHVf3p3kAbopZgftw3XSf3uzPYbTg9mBl4gHzXvpC

AviXiSNYacWBYZWY9vehWr-hZBFyIpY99Q4taIh0BOHe