#NewsInTweets: 16-Year-Old Arrested In UP For Alleged Rape To Be Tried As An Adult

Posted on February 7, 2016 in News

By YKA Staff

What’s the latest around the world today? Curated for you from the interwebz, here’s a quick morning fix to keep you updated. In 140 characters at that! Presenting, #NewsInTweets:

1. A 16-year-old boy has been arrested for allegedly raping a nine-year-old in Uttar Pradesh. He would be tried as an adult.

2. A 72-year-old school Principal in Gurgaon has been arrested for allegedly molesting an eight-year-old student.

3. A day after a Tanzanian national was attacked by a mob in Bengaluru, 3 Nigerian nationals were allegedly assaulted in Hyderabad, last evening.

4. 41 people are said to have died after a state bus plunged into the Purna river in Gujarat.

5. Passengers travelling in Indian Railways can now request for cleaning services via SMS.

6. Mumbai hosts its annual Queer Pride on 6th February with a large participation.

7. More than 3100 pregnant women in Colombia have the Zika virus, according to the Government.

7. Researchers have found that the shrinking of ice in the Arctic may have a connection with the massive snow storms that have hit the eastern coast of the United States of America.

Featured image for representation only. Source: Reuters.