By YKA Staff:
What’s the latest around the world today? Curated for you from the interwebz, here’s a quick morning fix to keep you updated. In 140 characters at that! Presenting, #NewsInTweets:
1. Home Minister Rajnath Singh quotes a fake Twitter account and claimed that the JNU event had the support of LeT chief Hafiz Saeed. The Delhi Police picked up on this too and issued a warning quoting the fake account that asked ‘Pakistani brothers’ to support JNU. The original account of Saeed criticised this, so did many politicians, journalists and citizens, calling it a “new low” for the government. The opposition also asked for ‘concrete proof’ over the comment.
2. The National Security Guard withdraws 600 commandos from VVIP duties, and uses them for anti-terror activities. The Pathankot attack was the first operation where these commandos made their assault.
3. Auto rickshaw drivers in Mumbai strike over raised fares for obtaining permits, also demand to stop services like Ola Cabs.
4. A fire at a ‘Make In India’ cultural event in Mumbai derails the programme, politicians, actors and industrialists present in the audience were taken to a safe place as Maharashtra CM Devendra Fadnavis monitored the situation and ordered a probe into how the fire had occurred.
5. Arun Jaitley said Manmohan Singh was great as Finance Minister, but reforms stopped after he became Prime Minister. He also said that “unlike in the UPA regime when policies were framed from Congress headquarters at 24, Akbar Road, in the NDA government Prime Minister Narendra Modi has the last word.”
6. Sania Mirza and Martina Hingis win St Petersburg title, making it their 40th consecutive win, including three grand slams.
7. Washington scientists develop a new technique to detect Cancer – the finger prick blood test.
Youth Ki Awaaz is an open platform where anybody can publish. This post does not necessarily represent the platform's views and opinions.