#NewsInTweets: Budget Session Begins, Sonia Gandhi Says Govt. Has Lost ‘Sense Of Balance’

Posted on February 23, 2016 in News

By YKA Staff:

What’s the latest around the world today? Curated for you from the interwebz, here’s a quick morning fix to keep you updated. In 140 characters at that! Presenting, #NewsInTweets:

1. Budget session begins amid JNU row. BJP says it is ready to discuss JNU row, Jat reservations, Rohith Vemula’s suicide and other issues, as Congress and Sonia Gandhi back JNU with Ms. Gandhi stating that the “government has lost all sense of balance and proportion.”

2. Amid Jat protests, RSS Chief Mohan Bhagwat said that a non-political party should be formed to decide on reservations.

3. Activist and AAP leader Soni Sori is stable at a Delhi hospital after being attacked by three unidentified men in Chhattisgarh. The police say they are actively searching for the culprits.

4. Nepal ended months-long fuel rationing after supply from India resumed. According to India Today, “Relief came as Prime Minister K.P. Oli visited India and cleared up differences over Nepal’s adoption of its first post-monarchy constitution.”

5. Sanjay Dutt to walk free from Yerawada Jail on February 25.

6. Umar Khalid and 4 others who returned to the JNU campus 2 days ago are ready to surrender to the police but ask for security.