#NewsInTweets: Union Minister Suresh Prabhu Presents His Second Rail Budget In Parliament

Posted on February 25, 2016 in News

By YKA Staff:

What’s the latest around the world today? Curated for you from the interwebz, here’s a quick morning fix to keep you updated. In 140 characters at that! Presenting, #NewsInTweets:

1. Union Minister for Railways Suresh Prabhu will present his second Rail Budget today.

2. Serving 42 months of his 5-year sentence after he was convicted in the 1993 Mumbai serial bomb blasts case, actor Sanjay Dutt was released from Yerawada jail in Pune.

3. Gyan Dev Ahuja, BJP MLA who claimed that JNU was the hub of sex and drugs has been caught in a media controversy after alleged photos of him throwing money at a female dancer surfaced.

4. Vikram Chauhan, the lawyer who allegedly led the assault on journalists outside Patiala House Court, was arrested, and later let off on bail from the police station itself.

5. Cases have been filed against 1300 Patidars, 6 months after Hardik Patel led protests in Gujarat demanding reservation.

6. MLAs loyal to former Arunachal Pradesh chief minister Nabam Tuki joined the camp of his successor Kalikho Pul on Wednesday.

7. India beat Bangladesh by 45 runs in the opening match of the Asia Cup.