#NewsInTweets: Kanhaiya Taken Into Police Remand, To Be Questioned With Anirban And Umar

Posted on February 26, 2016 in News

By YKA Staff:

What’s the latest around the world today? Curated for you from the interwebz, here’s a quick morning fix to keep you updated. In 140 characters at that! Presenting, #NewsInTweets:

1. Police claim “inconsistencies” in the statements of Umar Khalid and Anirban Bhattacharya, take Kanhaiya into one-day custody to question all three together. Rama Naga, Ashutosh Kumar and Anant Prakash, the 3 JNU students who have also been charged with sedition, refuse to surrender.

2. At least 4 were killed and 30 injured after a gunman went on a shooting spree in Kansas, USA. The shooter was shot and killed by authorities.

3. Mumbai police files an FIR under sections 336 (endangering life or personal safety) and 285 (negligent conduct with respect to fire or combustible matter) of the Indian Penal Code in the Make In India fire case. A case against ‘Wizcraft’, the organisers of the event has also been filed.

4. The crew of a BMTC bus, along with a few policemen allegedly locked up a design student in a bus for 45 minutes to make her call her friend, who had fled after a clash with the conductor.

5. Film ‘Aligarh’, starring Manoj Bajpayee releases today, receives positive responses from critics.

6. After suffering an eye-related problem, world number one Novak Djokovic pulls out of Dubai Championships a day after achieving his 700th match win.