By YKA Staff:
What’s the latest around the world today? Curated for you from the interwebz, here’s a quick morning fix to keep you updated. In 140 characters at that! Presenting, #NewsInTweets:
1. Reservations for Dalits will never cease to exist, says PM Modi in his first Tamil Nadu election rally in Coimbatore. He slammed the Opposition for ‘spreading lies’ and ‘preventing the government from functioning’.
2. Indian hockey team captain Sardar Singh accused of sexual harassment by his fiancée.
3. North Korea notifies U.N. agencies that it plans to launch a satellite later this month, to advance its long-range missile technology.
4. A Pakistan Parliamentary panel has asked Nawaz Sharif to not lend support to banned terrorist groups operating out of Kashmir.
5. The National Investigation Agency is checking the validity of the Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act, 1999, charges in the 2008 Malegaon blast case.
6. The Nagpur bench of the Bombay HC tells citizens to not pay taxes if the government doesn’t curb “this menace” of corruption.