#NewsInTweets: 10 Missing Soldiers Of Madras Regiment Declared Dead In Siachen Avalanche

Posted on February 5, 2016 in News

By YKA Staff

What’s the latest around the world today? Curated for you from the interwebz, here’s a quick morning fix to keep you updated. In 140 characters at that! Presenting, #NewsInTweets:

1. 10 missing soldiers of the Madras regiment now declared dead in Siachen avalanche. PM Modi and other ministers condole the demise. India rejects Pakistan’s help in a rescue operation to search for the 10 buried bodies.

2. A team comprising Tanzanian High Commissioner and Ministry of External Affairs officials will travel to Bengaluru today in connection with the assault on a Tanzanian woman in the city.

3. The Directorate General of Civil Aviation has suspended five Jet Airways cabin crew members for letting singer Sonu Nigam take over the carrier’s in-flight announcement system to sing two Bollywood songs for the passengers.

4. Kanyakumari-Bangalore Express derailed in Tamil Nadu. No casualties; at least 10 suffer injuries.

5. NASA discovers icebergs on Pluto.

6. A 33-foot-long sperm whale washes ashore off the Ganjam coast in Odisha.