By YKA Staff:
What’s the latest around the world today? Curated for you from the interwebz, here’s a quick morning fix to keep you updated. In 140 characters at that! Presenting, #NewsInTweets:
1. 10 people charged with arson and murder acquitted in the first hearing of the Muzaffarnagar riots for lack of evidence.
2. An earthquake hits the south Taiwanese city of Tainan. A residential building topples, at least 5 dead.
3. The African Students’ Union protests in Bengaluru with regards to the assault on a Tanzanian woman in the city. Bosco Kaweesi, Legal advisor of the union says that the situation is still not safe for these students.
4. Rohith Vemula’s friends start a multi-lingual anthology project to memoralise him, and represent the anger towards the discrimination of Dalits.
5. Report finds that Los Angeles spends more than $100 million a year coping with homelessness, including $87 million on law enforcement interventions.
6. Snapdeal ends contract with Bollywood actor Aamir Khan, triggering speculation that this move is linked to the latter’s comments on intolerance in India, that had resulted in Snapdeal’s ratings going down.