This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by V Arun Kumar. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

After Delhi Police’s Brutal Attack, Student Voices Grow Louder To Demand #JusticeForRohith

More from V Arun Kumar

By V. Arun Kumar:

On Monday, February 2, around 100 students from various universities in Delhi protested in front of Delhi Police HQ, after a call for protest was given by All India Students Association (AISA), against the brutal police assault on students protesting at RSS office in Jhandewala.

Delhi Police had come under severe criticism for brutally beating up the students who were marching towards RSS office on January 30, raising the issue of Rohith Vemula’s suicide. Also, two non-uniformed men were seen beating protesters along with the police personnel, and it is alleged that these people were members of RSS.

Chintu, former General Secretary of JNU Students Union (JNUSU) alleged that Police force deployed outside RSS office, not only helped the RSS members in beating students but also manhandled women protesters and attacked journalists. “This incident clearly showed the whole thing was pre-planned, and police were behaving like goons,” said Chintu.

The protesters at Police HQ wanted to meet the Commissioner of Police to raise the issue of police brutality, but they were not allowed inside. Though a probe has been ordered by Delhi Police to enquire into the incident, it seems even before that Delhi Police has given a clean chit to police personals. Mr. Bassi, the Police Commissioner quoting Justice Oliver Wendell tweeted that ‘the right to swing my fist ends where the other man’s nose begins’, virtually indicating that the students are at blame. A second protest against the police brutality was organized by JNUSU outside the Police HQ at 2pm on February 2.

12670448_1036499886416993_8750926565357253460_n (1)

12644976_1036500273083621_3325443812236052894_n

12646976_1036500443083604_5882733598079863288_n

12642882_1036500583083590_5561517973959268526_n (1)

12645023_1036500719750243_7119750502322172302_n

12592220_1036500826416899_3505666703976028906_n (1)

Photo credit: Images posted by Anmol Ratan on Facebook.

Take campus conversations to the next level. Become a YKA Campus Correspondent today! Sign up here

You can also subscribe to the Campus Watch Newsletter, here.

More from V Arun Kumar

By Shraddha Iyer

By Shraddha Iyer

By Prerana Sharma