14 Photos Of A Temple In Kutch That Is A Stunning Symbol Of ‘Serenity And Peace’

By Polomi Mondal:

On the way to Mandvi from Bhuj, is a Jain pilgrimage, a home to 72 deris of Lord Mahavira, at Koday Village known as Bauter Jinalay (72 Temples). It is also known as “Adishwar Bauter Jinalay Mahatirth”.

Spread over 80 acres of land, the temple has a residence facility at a dharamshala and a dining facility at a bhojanalaya. After spending the day at Mandvi and visiting various places, we planned to check out this temple. It was quite tiring, and I was not very interested in visiting the temple at that time. But my friend, who accompanied me to the Kutch trip, insisted that we see it.

We reached the temple in the evening, around 6:30-7:00 pm. I was happy to see very few people, and happier to get the first look at the temple. It looked incredible. It was very peaceful, and the serenity of the temple amazed me. It looked even more beautiful, once the lights were lit up in the evening. The temple was so mesmerising and I visited it again, in my 3-day-trip to Kutch.

1

2
3

4

5
6

7

9

8

11

10

12

13

14
Address
: 72 Jinalaya, Gunnagar, Talwana Village, Mandvi Taluka, Kutch, Gujarat, 370460.

Distance : 11 kms from Mandvi and 51 kms from Bhuj

ST buses and jeeps depart from Bhuj about every 30 minutes. If you are in a group of four to five people, better hire rickshaws/cabs that fit in to your budget. Local buses are always the easier option. Ask the driver/conductor to stop at the temple as its on the highway.