Justine’s Story Of Coming Out Should Be Every Queer Indian’s Story, Minus Section 377

Posted on March 21, 2016 in LGBTQ, Society, Video

By YKA Staff

“If I find that emotional, intellectual attraction towards someone, then it doesn’t matter if it’s a man or a woman.”

In the first of a short film series titled #ComingOut by 101 India, we’re introduced to 25-year-old Justine, a freelance hairstylist and swimmer based in Mumbai who happens to be bisexual. She shares her story of self-discovery and love with endearing honesty and urges viewers to embrace themselves for who they are. She has gone through ups and downs and has fought for acceptance, but today isn’t shying away from who she is. Her story proves how love isn’t and cannot be defined or confined by gender.

At a time when bisexuality is unfortunately regarded as ‘confusion’ or the want of ‘having it all’, this film recognises its validity (and normalcy) and shows just how much more we need to break the silence around it. Watch this heartwarming film – you’ll definitely learn something new and more than anything else, listen to a story that you may never have heard otherwise.

Also watch: Chanchal (assigned female at birth) told his parents that he wanted to opt for sex reassignment. This is how they responded.