By YKA Staff:
What’s the latest around the world today? Curated for you from the interwebz, here’s a quick morning fix to keep you updated. In 140 characters at that! Presenting, #NewsInTweets:
1. The body of a first-year college student in Chennai was found in a well, with authorities claiming suicide and stating it was because he was forced to study engineering by his family.
2. PM Modi attended Sri Sri Ravi Shankar’s event on the Yamuna plains and in his speech, urged Indians to take pride in their heritage saying, “If we keep criticizing ourselves, why will the world look at us?” He also praised the work done by Art of Living Foundation across the world.
3. Hillary Clinton apologised for saying former President Ronald Reagan and First Lady Nancy Reagan started an important national conversation for AIDS awareness and prevention in America, when in reality, they had been accused of ignoring the epidemic when it first broke out in the 1980s. Clinton received heavy criticism for her comment on social media as well.
4. 2 BSF jawans killed in a Naxal encounter in Chhattisgarh.
5. Vijay Mallya who tweeted yesterday that the reports of him fleeing India are “rubbish”, is slated to return to the country by the end of the month.
6. Violence erupts at Donald Trump’s rally in Chicago, after the event had already been cancelled for security reasons.
7. Top 50 Indian companies will adopt the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals.
8. Tamil actor Selvakumar dies in a road accident.