#NewsInTweets: Jats Threaten To Resume Stir; Aadhaar Bill Passed In Lok Sabha

Posted on March 17, 2016 in News

By YKA Staff:

What’s the latest around the world today? Curated for you from the interwebz, here’s a quick morning fix to keep you updated. In 140 characters at that! Presenting, #NewsInTweets:

1. Lok Sabha passes the Aadhaar Bill, rejects amendments made by the Rajya Sabha.

2. Jats threaten to resume stir in Haryana as the deadline to grant them quota ends today. Security has been tightened in the state.

3. SBI is likely to auction Vijay Mallya’s Kingfisher House in Mumbai today to recover a part of the debt Mallya owes to banks.

4. JNU students “refuse to accept” the findings of the internal committee’s report, say it is based on an unfair probe.

5. For the first time, Pakistan to declare public holidays on Holi and Diwali.

6. Pigeons carrying tiny backpack sensors are helping measure air pollution in London.

7. Organisers of a Salman Khan concert in Surat have been asked to pay close to Rs 45 lakh as entertainment tax.

8. Petrol and diesel prices have been hiked.

9. 4 Kashmiri students were allegedly beaten up for consuming beef at Rajasthan University.