#NewsInTweets: Chargesheet Filed Against R.K. Pachauri For Stalking, Sexual Harassment

Posted on March 2, 2016 in News

By YKA Staff:

What’s the latest around the world today? Curated for you from the interwebz, here’s a quick morning fix to keep you updated. In 140 characters at that! Presenting, #NewsInTweets:

1. Delhi Police files chargesheet against R.K. Pachauri. He has been accused of stalking, sexual harassment, criminal intimidation and outraging the modesty of a woman.

2. A video of AAP MLA Amanatullah Khan has come to attention where he can be seen abusing the Modi government for arresting Muslim cleric Maulana Syed Anzar Shah Qasmi without any proper proof.

3. In an interview with Times Now about the Ishrat Jahan case, RVS Mani’s lawyer has said that P. Chidambaram knew about Mani being tortured by the police but remained silent. Mani was Under Secretary, Internal Security in the Ministry of Home Affairs, under the UPA government.

4. Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar has said in the Rajya Sabha that the terrorists who carried out the Pathankot attack were “non state actors” who had the state’s support.

5. A forensic report has stated that two out of the seven videos of Kanhaiya Kumar that were submitted for examination were tampered.

6. Subramanian Swamy approached a Delhi court to ask for documents related to the National Herald case.