#NewsInTweets: Lahore Blast Kills Over 60, State Govt. Declares 3 Days Of Mourning

Posted on March 28, 2016 in News

By YKA Staff:

What’s the latest around the world today? Curated for you from the interwebz, here’s a quick morning fix to keep you updated. In 140 characters at that! Presenting, #NewsInTweets:

1. Lahore blast kills over 60 and injures 300 people, Punjab CM declares three days of mourning. Jamaat-ul-Ahrar of Pakistani Taliban claims responsibility for the attack.

2. Congress to move High Court in connection with President’s rule in Uttarakhand.

3. The Indian women’s cricket team lost to West Indies and exited from the World T20 tournament.

4. Smoke in undercarriage led to an Air India flight making an emergency landing in Mumbai. All passengers and crew were safely evacuated.

5. Jats threaten to resume protests if their demands for reservation aren’t met by the 31st of March.

6. High Court pulls up the Child Welfare Committee for not doing its duty as a “watchdog” in connection with the gang-rape of 5 mentally challenged girls at an orphanage.

7. Delhi Deputy CM Manish Sisodia to present the Budget today at 2 pm.