#NewsInTweets: Kanhaiya Returns To JNU, Says ‘We Want Freedom In India, Not From India’

Posted on March 4, 2016 in News

By YKA Staff:

What’s the latest around the world today? Curated for you from the interwebz, here’s a quick morning fix to keep you updated. In 140 characters at that! Presenting, #NewsInTweets:

1. Kanhaiya Kumar received a hero’s welcome at JNU and delivered a fiery speech. He shared some of his experiences from jail and said that their want is for freedom in India, and not from India.

2. TN government decides to remit sentence of Rajiv Gandhi’s assassins. The Centre is studying the documents regarding the same but Home Minister Rajnath Singh has also stated that it is the government’s responsibility to abide by the SC’s decision to free the convicts.

3. Ashok Ghosh, veteran leader of the All India Forward Bloc passed away at age 94.

4. A Jodhpur court has summoned actor Salman Khan to record his statement in the black buck killing case.

5. Cricketing giant Martin Crowe passed away after a battle with Cancer, at age 53.

6. PM Modi launched the Setu Bharatam Project to make all National Highways free from rail crossings.

7. Donald Trump comes out on top in the Fox News GOP debate, also dominates Twitter conversation.