By YKA Staff:
What’s the latest around the world today? Curated for you from the interwebz, here’s a quick morning fix to keep you updated. In 140 characters at that! Presenting, #NewsInTweets:
1. A 15-year-old girl was allegedly raped and set on fire at a village near Delhi. She dropped out of school last year allegedly after a 20-year-old man started stalking her. She has suffered severe burns and is being treated at a hospital right now.
2. Rajiv Gandhi assassination convict Nalini applies for parole.
3. Tennis player Maria Sharapova suspended after she failed the drug test to participate in the Australian Open.
4. The National Green Tribunal hearing on Sri Sri Ravishankar’s Art of Living event is today. The event (celebrating the organisation’s 35th anniversary) is supposed to take place on the banks of the Yamuna, posing permanent threat to the floodplains.
5. Sister Sally, an Indian national from Kerala, who had gone missing in Yemen has been found and evacuated. External Affairs Ministers Sushma Swaraj tweeted about this as well.
6. JNU’s ex-ABVP members decide to burn a copy of the Manusmriti today, on Women’s Day, to symbolise the burning of a “history of exploitation”.
Youth Ki Awaaz is an open platform where anybody can publish. This post does not necessarily represent the platform's views and opinions.