#NewsInTweets: Sri Sri Must Pay ₹100 Cr Penalty For Damaging Yamuna Plains, Says Expert

Posted on March 9, 2016 in News

By YKA Staff:

What’s the latest around the world today? Curated for you from the interwebz, here’s a quick morning fix to keep you updated. In 140 characters at that! Presenting, #NewsInTweets:

1. Sri Sri Ravi Shankar must pay Rs 100-120 crore to undo the damage caused to the Yamuna plain, says an expert appointed by the National Green Tribunal. PM Modi’s security has deemed the site unsafe for him.

2. Maharashtra C.M. Devendra Fadnavis to table a Bill to ban dance bars in the state despite the SC issuing licenses for them.

3. The 15-year-old who was allegedly raped and set on fire in Noida, died due to severe burns.

https://twitter.com/ndtv/status/707420084105519108

4. A total solar eclipse was seen this morning from Indonesia.

5. According to this TOI report, the CAG has claimed that 6 major telcos – Reliance Communications, Tata, Airtel, Vodafone, Idea and Aircel – have allegedly understated gross revenue of over Rs 46,000 crore and not paid the government its share of income which is estimated to be more than Rs 12,400 crore.

6. Baba Ramdev plans a yoga event at the JNU campus to spread “positivity and a healthy lifestyle”. The date of the event is yet to be finalised.