#NewsInTweets: A Dalit Youth In Tamil Nadu Hacked To Death In Suspected Honour Killing

Posted on March 14, 2016 in News

By YKA Staff:

What’s the latest around the world today? Curated for you from the interwebz, here’s a quick morning fix to keep you updated. In 140 characters at that! Presenting, #NewsInTweets:

1. In a suspected case of honour killing, a newly-wed couple was attacked, at a bus stand in Tamil Nadu’s Udumalpet, and the man was hacked to death in public. The woman suffered head injuries, but is said to be in stable condition.

2. A show-cause notice has been served to Rahul Gandhi by the Ethics committee of Parliament asking whether he had declared himself as a British citizen during his stay in the United Kingdom.

3. A 3-year-old was raped and her throat was slit, allegedly by a vegetable seller in Ludhiana. The child is in a critical condition.

4. Sai Prashanth, a popular Tamil television star allegedly committed suicide at his residence on Sunday.

5. RSS general secretary Suresh Bhaiyyaji Joshi has stated that well-off castes should give up their quotas for those who need it.