By YKA Staff:
What’s the latest around the world today? Curated for you from the interwebz, here’s a quick morning fix to keep you updated. In 140 characters at that! Presenting, #NewsInTweets:
1. Over 20 people were killed as a flyover collapsed in Kolkata. A search for survivors is still on under the rubble, while the firm who built the flyover has called the incident an ‘act of God’. The state government has called it a “monumental tragedy” with CM Mamata Banerjee saying that the guilty will not be spared, and action will be taken against the builders.
2. Third complaint: A former TERI employee has accused R. K. Pachauri of sexual harassment.
3. BJP MLA O. P. Sharma suspended for two assembly sessions in Delhi for passing “derogatory” remarks at AAP legislator Alka Lamba.
4. The Indian Meteorological Department has said that the country will witness “warmer than normal” temperatures this summer with heat wave-like conditions in central and northwest India.
5. At a dinner hosted by US President Barack Obama, PM Modi urges world leaders to unite against terrorism, stating that it’s a global issue but we only act nationally.
6. The ex-wife of the EgyptAir hijacking suspect has said that he is a “dangerous” man, and that the marriage was the “darkest chapter” of her life.
7. Actor Amitabh Bachchan wrote about Bofors scandal on his blog and said that “they painted every aspect of our existence with the darkest colours ever”.
Youth Ki Awaaz is an open platform where anybody can publish. This post does not necessarily represent the platform's views and opinions.