#NewsInTweets: 1,000 Non-Kashmiri NIT Students Leave Campus Following Clashes

Posted on April 12, 2016 in News

By YKA Staff:

What’s the latest around the world today? Curated for you from the interwebz, here’s a quick morning fix to keep you updated. In 140 characters at that! Presenting, #NewsInTweets:

1. 1000 non-Kashmiri students have left NIT following the clashes. As per a Hindustan Times report, a student said, “We feel suffocated here as we are not allowed to go outside or talk to media. We want to get out of campus and do not want to risk our lives to continue with studies.”

2. A massive fire broke out in a building in Maharashtra’s textile hub, Bhiwandi. Five fire engines were sent to the spot and rescue operations are underway.

3. A train carrying 5 lakh litres of water arrived in drought-struck Latur in Maharashtra after an 18-hour-long journey. Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal has also urged Delhi citizens to save water and help Latur citizens.

4. Maneka Gandhi wanted two Reuters reporters blacklisted for refusing to withdraw a report headlined ‘India’s budget cuts hurt fight against malnutrition: Maneka Gandhi’.

5. 5 temple officials of Puttingal Temple, Kerala surrendered, after 100+ people lost their lives in a massive fireworks explosion.

6. SC asked Sabarimala authorities if tradition is above the Constitution, regarding women being barred from the temple.

7. Facebook messenger gets Dropbox support. Soon, photos, videos and other files from Dropbox can be sent to recipients on Facebook chat itself.