#NewsInTweets: 3 Killed In Army Firing In Kashmir; CM Calls For “Exemplary Punishment”

Posted on April 13, 2016 in News

By YKA Staff:

What’s the latest around the world today? Curated for you from the interwebz, here’s a quick morning fix to keep you updated. In 140 characters at that! Presenting, #NewsInTweets:

1. Three people were killed when the army opened fire in Handwara, Kashmir, during a protest against a women being allegedly molested by a soldier. CM Mehbooba Mufti has called for “exemplary punishment” against those who fired at the protesters.

2. After Kollam temple tragedy, firecrackers banned in Lucknow.

3. India’s tiger count has grown to 2,500 in the last 2 years after continued conservation efforts.

4. Delhi BJP members took strong objection to Kejriwal’s move of sending water to Latur. The leader of opposition in the Delhi Assembly said it wasn’t “feasible”.

5. India is trying to destabilise Pakistan, said its army chief. According to this NDTV report, he accused India of seeking to undermine a $46 billion project to build an economic corridor to transport goods from China through the Pakistani deepwater port of Gwadar.

6. Google launches ads to protect users from deceptive content online.

7. The Haryana government has decided to rename Gurgaon to Gurugram and Mewat to Nuh.