#NewsInTweets: Delhi Auto Drivers To Get Rs. 2000 For Helping Road Accident Victims

Posted on April 15, 2016 in News

By YKA Staff:

What’s the latest around the world today? Curated for you from the interwebz, here’s a quick morning fix to keep you updated. In 140 characters at that! Presenting, #NewsInTweets:

1. Delhi govt will reward Rs 2000 auto drivers to take road accident victims to the hospital. The government will issue a notification about the same.

2. #OddEvenBegins in Delhi from today for a period of 15 days. CM Kejriwal has said he will “seriously” consider it making it monthly if the policy is successful this time.

3. Nine were killed and 1000 injured in a strong #earthquake in southwestern Japan, that initially measures 6.0 on the Richter scale.

4. In drought-struck Telanagana, farmers have sunk deeper in debt after digging borewells, losing money.

5. Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders went head to head in the #DemDebate hosted by CNN and New York One. This was their fifth one-on-one debate.

6. Arun Jaitley said the US visa fee hike for Indians is ‘discriminatory’ and will affect Indian IT professionals.

7. The sale, purchase and storage of chewable tobacco have been banned in Delhi for 1 year.