Site icon Youth Ki Awaaz

#NewsInTweets: Vijay Mallya’s Passport Suspended; Couple Robbed At Gunpoint, And More

Kingfisher Airlines Chairman Vijay Mallya speaks to the media during a news conference in Mumbai November 15, 2011. India's cash-strapped Kingfisher Airlines doubled its loss in the September quarter on higher fuel prices and operating costs amid investor worries about its ability to remain aloft in a fast-growing but loss-making industry. REUTERS/Vivek Prakash (INDIA - Tags: BUSINESS TRANSPORT) - RTR2U16B

By YKA Staff:

What’s the latest around the world today? Curated for you from the interwebz, here’s a quick morning fix to keep you updated. In 140 characters at that! Presenting, #NewsInTweets:

1. [envoke_twitter_link]Campaigning ends for second phase of West Bengal elections[/envoke_twitter_link].

2. [envoke_twitter_link]Vijay Mallya’s diplomatic passport has been suspended[/envoke_twitter_link] by the Ministry of External Affairs for four weeks.

3. [envoke_twitter_link]80 people have been seriously injured in twin earthquakes in Japan[/envoke_twitter_link], according to a government spokesperson. Local officials put the death toll at 29. Around 1,500 people have been injured so far.

4. [envoke_twitter_link]Bernie Sanders took a public stand for the rights of Palestinian people[/envoke_twitter_link] during the CNN #DemDebate. While he said he was 100% pro-Israel in the long run, he also urged for a more balanced approach and highlighted “the unemployment rates in Palestinian-governed Gaza, as well as poor health care and education systems”.

5. [envoke_twitter_link]Autos and taxi unions in Delhi call for a strike on Monday[/envoke_twitter_link], to protest against app-based cab services.

6. [envoke_twitter_link]A Delhi couple was robbed at gun-point[/envoke_twitter_link]. The victim then described the incident on Facebook, and the post has since gone viral.

7. [envoke_twitter_link]Google to offer free WiFi services at 9 new railway stations [/envoke_twitter_link]including Pune, Bhubaneswar and Ranchi.

8. [envoke_twitter_link]Facebook is testing news sections on users’ timelines[/envoke_twitter_link].

Exit mobile version